Everyday Moment. Multitasking at it's finest!!
This is not a posed picture, I promise. I just told Kyle to get the camera so we could remember these days.
One day, I may have enough brain power to write something deep and profound. I actually have those kinds of thoughts a lot these days. Just never the time. We still don't know for sure what will happen with our bonus kids, but we have a pretty good idea and will hopefully know more by May. Seems like a long wait, but they have already been with us for 8 months. Wow, what a year!! I do know that our Heavenly Father prepared us for this for a long time. I guess I can't speak for Kyle, but the small seeds of thoughts of having a big family of littles was planted in my brain since I was a very young child. I have lots of stories. I really thought it was me just being crazy though whenever I would imagine a big family in the future of lots of kids close together in age. Ha, I didn't want that, that was crazy! And when I imagined it, IT was never this hard!! And the kids I imagined worshiped the ground I walked on and never ever fought. Dang those dreams!!
Now I'm having those "ah, ha!" moments. I really thought if we did foster care at all, it would be in a long, long time. But things are starting to make sense. We are learning a lot, for sure! The biggest thing I've learned, Heavenly Father prepares us, and knows what we need, even if we think it is a little bit ( or a lot ) crazy, we need to trust Him. He really does love us and knows what is best!!
First day of school:)

Ruby's first day of school a couple weeks later.
Sometime after School started, Ruby had surgery to fix her herniated belly button.
She was so happy beforehand, and such a good patient.
It broke my heart when when they brought her back after surgery looking like this.
She got sick and was so pale. I don't know how mothers survive when their kids are sick in the hospital for weeks/months at a time. This was only for the morning and it was so hard to watch her. She is usually such a happy little girl. She hasn't had to deal with a lot of physical pain, and she was so sore. It was a pretty big hernia.
M is such a "helper". She brings things to you ALL day long. If you don't want your shoes, too bad, she will bring them, because maybe you will change your mind. She is sweet and sassy.
The lake beach. It was fun! We hope to go more often next summer when things aren't quite so busy:)
Twinners are Winners?
They broke their arms within 24 hours of each other. Freak accidents. Hope nothing like this happens ever again!!
My dad and Lisa came to Utah for a funeral. It was great to see them! I got on my fancy make up and nice clothes for these pictures.

Simon 3 months old
Cuddles before bed. They love him and want him to sleep with them:)
Oliver's first day of preschool
He decided he needed mittens and a scarf.
He is our Wild thing
Bought these hats. Happy I did! They play detective for hours:)
Conference Sunday.
We did go to cornbellys this year. I can't find all our pictures though!!
Here is the one I could find! Pumpkin princess with our princesses!
Sometime in the fall Ruby had a field trip too. The sky looked so beautiful. She had a great time!
What does the fox say? Many of our kids favorite song. Sometimes not a great thing. In sacrament meeting today Oliver was singing it, and not in a quiet voice!!!
I got to take this awesome nephew to the MTC. Love him!
The shelves decorate themselves.
Kyle went out of town a couple time at the end of this year. He brought back this and Oliver freaked out. He wondered WHY we were trying to feed him poop for breakfast. Eventually he calmed down and we had him smell it so he would believe that it was chocolate:)
Lunch date with my sidekick. Love him even though he drives me CRAZY!!
The cutest wall in the house!
Luke's teacher has them bring home a "friend" from class and then they report on what they did together in a journal. Not sure how many friends there are, but we have done quite a few so far! Love our Luke.
Big Sister
Big Helper
Ruby wearing one of my old nightgowns
A-CHOOO!
Grrr....
This picture is not posed. But after I realized what I might look like, I had Kyle grab the camera to capture this everyday moment. I smiled for the camera.
Tea party for two
Simon's 4 month photo shoot
Right before our trip to AZ, these two got to cut off their stinky casts! yahoo!!
Luke is doing his 100 mile challenge at school. He loved to run until the snow showed up. He is almost to his 75 mile mark.
Pretty posing Ruby on Pink day for preschool.
Kyle was just burping Simon and M went and got a pillow and made herself comfortable.
E likes to help too!
Pumpkin party!!
I love taking pictures of my kiddos in the same outfits. I will have to dig out the other boys in this monkey outfit, glad I didn't forget to put it on Simon.
Happy Halloween!
M and Oliver LOVE helping in the kitchen. Especially when I let them get their hands dirty!
Ruby with her friend and teacher at her preschool Halloween Party!
Oliver's Preschool field trip
After Halloween, field trips, Thanksgiving, Soccer games, it was nice to have a Saturday morning with no schedule--nothing to do, no where to go! This picture makes me want a king sized bed.
Some of our lovely family photos. Best photographer EVER!!


























































































5 comments:
Aww, love it all. You make it look fabulous in pictures. What a lovely wonderful family. :) My little girl about the same age as Ruby had a belly button like that too but the doctor said it would close up on its own and hers did, so I guess it wasn't a big hernia. She did think it was something else (ahem, that would make her more like her brothers) when she was little.
I love your photo-dumps. :)
xoxo
wow. if you have time to blog, i don't have an excuse. :)
We loved your pictures. You are amazing!
Love. Mom
Looks like never a dull moment at your house! Loved looking through all these pictures and seeing your cute family!
Post a Comment