The Party Van and Us

The Party Van and Us

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

my surgery and the one year milestone dragged on!


Oliver I am having wrist surgery today, so daddy will be your main man for the next week or so. I will miss holding your finger as you walk and letting you jump all over me, but not changing your diapers for a week will but awesome!! I am currently in the hostpital wearing an oompa loompa hospital gown and shorts and trying to get this post out because who can blog with just their left hand in use? That is how much I love you Oliver, I am making sure I have my priorities straight and blogging about your adorableness and awesomeness. I love you!

Has it really been a year since you were born? Seriously? The time has passed by so quickly, sometimes, and then not so quickly other times:) But we are so happy to have our Ollie-bear. You have been kind of a hard baby but so sweet too. We hope your first year has been a happy one! You sure do melt all of our hearts with you big smile!! Here is my walk down memory lane...

Oliver Grant Widdison
Oliver says--
Happy to be here...in her arms...cause she was sick and tired of me any other place!
Happy to have such handsome dark hair!
Happy to sleep ALL the time!
Happy that, so far, I am not too jaundice and don't have to get pricked like my brothers and sister!
Happy to be Loved!

Happy to get to go home!
Happy to look like this fine looking fella! Happy that she is thrilled with me.
Happy to be fought over.
and that mommy protects me from her sometimes.
Happy to be the little brother.
And to be one of the guys!
Happy to fill out these chicken legs!
SHE's happy that I have a nose.
Happy to be me!
sweet baby of mine

top left one week
bottom left 2 weeks
middle 3 weeks
far right one month
2 months
3 months

4 months...can't find it right now
5 months

6 months

7 months

8 months
9 months

10 months

11 months

We can't talk about your first year without mentioning your helmet. 2 weeks ago the doctor said we could keep going or stop...we decided that since your growth has slowed down, you would have to wear the helmet for at least 3 more months to make any noticeable difference. We decided you head looked good enough and the pediatrician said it would probably just grow in on the flatter side all its own. So we took it off for a week. Then I saw a little boy with a very strange head and I put it back on you. Then I felt my nephews head who looks completely handsome and he showed me his flat spot which I didn't ever notice before, so we took the helmet off again. You were not sad to say good bye. You love not wearing your helmet and your naps are way longer:) which I love!! Adios helmet head!


I just LOVE this face!! I didn't think I would ever say this but I will miss your helmet head!!!
You have grown so BIG! You are in the 99% for height and just above the 50% for weight. You are taking a few steps here and there but taking your time to be a full time walker like your brothers did.



You've got some killer eyes and lashes.

We love your laugh!!

We can't wait to see you grow this next year!
didn't quite finish this before surgery...typing with left hand. we forgot to tell doctors no morphine so i have had a harder recoup than expected. hopefully it will wear off tomorrow. im so thankful for my neighbor nicole for watching my kids from 5:45 to 1pm and then taking ruby and oliver again tonight so kyle could take the boys to back to school night. she is lifesaver and i dont know how we would ever survive without her!!!!
two more things
one
my body hates morphine...so much that kyle was instructed to hit me awake and remind me to breath every so often, i am much better now but i have only been able to eat frozen yogurt all day. even though my hubby got me yummy zuppas...i couldn't stomach even the soup
and two
i loved my doctor
he didnt find what he was expectng to find but took out lots of inflamed tissue so hoping that fixes it

all done
cant do this anymore...too tired

5 comments:

Anne said...

Why did I not knowing u were doing this? Hope it fixes your pain and you heal quickly. Hang in there. Loves the beautiful post about baby. Having majornbaby sadness lately. Lucky u have more to come...love you.

mad white woman said...

Wait, why did you have to have surgery? I am sorry, but I LOVE morphine. :) They gave me some when I had my kidney stone and boy was it awesome. Ha. Zuppas sounds delicious. I wonder when they will get one here in AZ. Recover fast.

seven smiles said...

Hope everything went well.
Happy recovering.

Oliver is too cute. What a year!

xo

Jessica said...

i hope you recover quickly! and i can't believe that oliver is already 1 -- it seems like you just had him. he is too cute, just like all the rest of your kids.

Fellars Family said...

I am the same way with drugs, they make me much worse. I hope this helps your wrist and you feel better soon. Oliver is a cutie, just like your other kids.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...