The Party Van and Us

The Party Van and Us

Sunday, August 28, 2011

School, Glorious School!

We have been surviving the wrist surgery. Kyle is doing a great job being mom and dad and I'm trying to survive without him with a part way missing limb. I'm sore from typing but trying to not do too much. Here is a picture Kyle took on back to school night (he was awesome and took the boys to meet their teachers without me) I hated to miss it so I'm glad he took this picture!

Just a few last minute summer pictures...

Enjoying the sand box!
Oliver found a ring pop!
Isaac reading a bedtime story to Luke...a year ago this would never have happened...they have both grown a lot this year in so many different ways.

Ruby is so proud. She learned to ride Luke's bike! She is 2 1/2 and we got this bike for him when he was 4. She is such a determined and independent little girl!
My biggest boy
Back to school snow cone party. There ended up being about 40 kids. They had fun digging in the sand box for treasure (I hid about 150 treats, plus about 5 bucks in change) and yes, they all seemed to fit (nice and tight) in our sand box. After digging we cooled off with snow cones. I had some great moms helping me make and hand out the snow cones, thanks! I wanted to take more pictures but when you are entertaining 40 guests...there isn't much time for anything else!
Isaac has some great kids in his class this year. Including his friends Owen and Ammon!
Isaac-2nd grade
Luke-Kindergarten
Ruby-trying to sneak in the back to school picture
Back to school creates some mixed emotions. For the most part, I like having a schedule, but that doesn't mean I also don't love having lazy, no schedule days too! And it means my babies are growing up! WAhWAh!! But, positive thinking is important so, here is to a great school year boys!

7 comments:

Amateur Steph said...

I can't believe Ruby learned to ride a bike already! Have fun with two in school!

Anne said...

They look ready to conquer the world. Hope u are mending well.

Sabrina O'Malley said...

I hope you are feeling better and will be whole soon. The begining of school always creates mixed emotions for me too. They look so cute and grown up too. I also loved reading the 1 year post for Oliver. What a beautiful little boy he is! Happy 1st birthday.

larainydays said...

Isaac looks so grown up I can imagine how he will look when you say goodbye to him on the steps of Heritage Halls someday. Sob.

summer said...

I hope your recovery goes really well! It's hard being out of commission - and yet, you still did a snow cone party!!! You are crazy great :)

And funny to come on your blog and see Owen - I actually taught with his mom back in the day when we were both at Sunset View in Provo. Small, small world after all it really is!

Watching your boys is like watching my own - their ages are the same, and although there are some differences, the picture of them reading together is exactly what we've experienced...it just recently happened and I loved it! Now to recreate that niceness all the time :) Enjoy the school year....we can't wait until we go back next week!

mad white woman said...

I can't believe your back to school party. You're the coolest. Can Ruby ride a bike without training wheels? What?

Keep healing!

The Fillmore Family said...

It was so fun to see all the new beginning pictures. You do a great job of keeping track of everything. Love, Mom

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...