Waiting for cookies!! Although they are always kinda sad when they go in the oven...my kids really just want to eat the cookie dough!

I will always remember how sweet and tender Ruby is with her baby dolls. It is so much fun watching her to pretend to be a mother. She never spanks or yells! She must have a good teacher. hahahaha:)

I'd like to remember how happy my kids are in the morning...even if I am NOT always happy early in the morning. Okay strike that. I am NEVER as happy as Isaac in the morning.

I should probably forget days like these ...Hey mom, where ya going? can I come too?
So happy to be together! Most of the time they play really well together. Today was a good day! I'm not too fond of Ruby's new smile...but here is a picture so she can remember:) Oliver is 13 mo. and smiles on command when he sees a camera and says the only word he knows..."CHEEEESE"
(notice Oliver holding Ruby's finger...she was very clear that we shouldn't take a picture until they were holding hands.) She is so cute with him and isn't teasing him as much and is tolerating him taking her toys more and more. I really hope they are best friends growing up. Seeing them together makes me want all my kids 19 mo. apart...but then that would make me even more insane. Pretty soon they will look like twins since Ruby is only about 3 or 4 more lbs heavier than Oliver.
I think I will miss times like this someday...but not today! This is a daily activity for Oliver. I think we really need to put some locks on these drawers.
I'd actually like to forget this day...the day we got ready for Kindergarten and started out the door only to discover it was the wrong day!! Luke was so sad and I was so sorry but we made it a great day and invited some friends over to play. I blame it on the wrist surgery--hard to get back into the swing of things:)
The real day of first day of Kindergarten. His good friend Maddy walked with him. They are in the same class and so happy to be together!
Ruby was excited for Luke too.
I think he is telling me he forgives me in this picture.
And here is that get lost mom wave good bye. I am not usually very sad when my kids go to kindergarten but I cry my eyes out for 1st grade since it is all day. Luke LOVED his class. He told me he wanted to stay there forever and never come home. I sure hope he didn't really mean that!
Ruby does start the day out with cute hair...but she ends up pulling it out or sleeping it ugly during nap. But here she is coming to dinner when we called her...just bringing a few things too.
Oliver is such messy eater. Don't know if I will care to remember this but he was sure happy to get a cookie from me! And then when I came back in the room he had TWO more cookies in his hand...I guess Luke and Ruby wanted to share theirs too!
I love my kids so much!
A couple of quotes to remember
I told Ruby she was such a big girl for going in the big girl potty--that she was a big girl like Mommy because big girls don't use diapers. She took that a step further and hours later at lunch told me, "I am a big girl like you mommy. I am two and you are two. We are both two!" She was really excited about that so I kept quiet about my real age.
Luke slept really late one morning and I was telling him we had to hurry because he went to bed late and woke up late and was going to make us all late for school. He gets really frustrated with me when I blame him for things he isn't "guilty" of and apparently this was one of those times. "MOM! It really wasn't my fault that I slept late. It was my dream. I had a super really long dream that made me wake up late."
Who can I argue with that??


4 comments:
You are such a good mom. I love the daily stuff but never record enough of it.
Love the quotes! That Ruby is a little cutie pie!
Your kids are so cute. What great memories. And I think you look great for only being 2 ;)
You say you aren't funny, but there's plenty of funny things all over your blog :)
(And I'm with your kids--cookies taste best raw!)
Post a Comment