The Party Van and Us

The Party Van and Us

Sunday, September 18, 2011

I wish I could be funny.

I read some of my friends' blogs and I wish I could write clever and funny like them...but it hurts my brain to think at night and those funny words just don't flow. I upload pictures, look at them, and describe them. That is it really. So, read my friends' blogs if you want funny.

We had a Widdison BBQ at our place and it was fun to have everyone over to our house for a change. The kids seem to have fun and the adults looked great on that front porch with a new brown door:). So here is an after shot of our door. We still have a few places to touch up (see blue tape) but we are almost done!
Oliver thought he would try out the car.
I got this mom, really, I just need to make a few minor adjustments.
See? It fits perfectly.
Now just give me a second...
psych! I can't really drive this thing!
We tried to get all the cousins, but Oliver had other things to do.
We managed without him.
Today I found this.
So fun to see them playing.
Oliver, I know the feeling. She wears us out too!!
Last night we tried to put Oliver and Ruby in the same room.
Besides Oliver waking her up at 6:45, it worked great! hahaha...so Oliver has a boy corner in a room he doesn't yet use. But at least he is represented in those frames, right? We have TWO very very light sleepers and it is horrible. We even had a sound maker that has loud white noise. We are hoping that within a few months we can kick Ollie out of the closet...when he doesn't take a morning nap just MAYBE he will sleep longer.
Ruby uses her corner all the time.

9 comments:

Kyle Widdison said...

That is one fine door...

Kids are cute too.

Lark said...

The door looks good! Nice work Kyle.

And Emily, I just caught up on your last few posts and was cracking up...you are funny. If you want to read a truly not funny blog...go read mine. Its pretty boring lately...

Beka said...

door looks great! still have yet to put anything on my kids walls....i'm so lazy and really b/c i have no idea what to do that will look good!!

i kept O in our closet for like 8 months too- it was awesome!!

Anne said...

You are always such a decorator. So fun. I don't seem to have the energy. Love the reading picture...darling.

mad white woman said...

Whatever. You're funny. I read the post title in your other blog and it made me laugh. :)

larainydays said...

The best laughs are when you're not trying to be funny. Just sayin.

Cori said...

Nice door!:) Your little kiddos are getting all grown up! I love Ruby's curls! Where do your children get them from?

The Fillmore Family said...

I loved the pictures of Ruby reading to Oliver and Oliver driving his car. Cute dance pictures of Ruby too! Boy, you must have had a great mom!

Sabrina O'Malley said...

What are you talking about? I think you are very funny. Your posts always bring a smile to my face.

And I love the door too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...