The Party Van and Us

The Party Van and Us

Friday, February 10, 2012

Catch me if you can!


I am catching up little by little...just to get ready for more birthdays and more and more and more life of course:)

Birthday boy Ike

The week before your birthday we celebrated ninja style.  It was a lot of fun.  And the 14 boys played hard.  I know because it smelled really bad after everyone went home--lots of little boy sweat!   Your dad was master ninja and you had fun as he taught you the ninja ways.  It was pretty hilarious and I WISH I had it on film.  Only pictures though.




 


February 1st!!  Happy Birthday Isaac!
We need to measure and weigh you because we know you have grown a lot!  We found a place in the garage to mark how you grow and we don't know if our walls are tall enough:)  We had a special birthday breakfast on your birthday and that night Grandma and Grandpa Fillmore came to town and we went out to eat and then back home to eat some ice cream cake.



We are always so lucky when these two people come to town.  We got lots of playtime and cinnamon rolls too!!  Luke LOVES to illustrate stories and then dictates them to whoever is there to help him out.  Both Grandpa and Grandma were lucky enough to do the honors this time.  Luke has published 12 books.  He is very proud.



 Thanks Dad for taking your camera!!  Isaac had bring your dad (and grandpa) to lunch day.  He was pretty happy about it as you can see from the pictures!!  The cafeteria either forgot, or was misinformed and didn't have enough food for all the dads so the PTA saved the day and raced to the school with hot dogs and chips for all the dads.  YUM.  I think only Isaac was jealous.

(I threw in a bonus picture of me...my dad thought it was a lovely picture so he didn't erase it off his camera and gifted it to me instead:)



Ruby gave Grandpa guitar lessons this trip.  She isn't a very complimentary teacher and I fear her Grandpa may have gotten quite discouraged during their sessions.  She told him things like "pretend you have little fingers" but her most common advice was "no, like this."  then she would take the guitar and show him the correct way.  I think she only told him once "ya, like that!"...the lesson lasted for at least 30 minutes.  Keep practicing Grandpa!!

We also pulled out Oliver's old helmet.  It smashed his little eyes but he kept on asking me to put it on him, I think he knew he looked pretty funny.  Luke tried it on too!!

 

My dad also drew up some house remodeling plans--we are thinking about adding a laundry downstairs.  They are great plans--my dad is so talented!  We hope to get started on that next project next fall.  Kyle and my dad also ripped up the carpet in the dining room (yea--no more dried peas to be found weeks later int he thick carpet!).  We got a new dining room table, buffet and I hung up some plates.  Before I hung up my plates I put paper plates up all over my wall to see where to put the real ones--I might have left them too except  too many people wondered why I had paper plates on the wall!!  Doesn't it look so good!!??!!  Thanks KYLE AND DAD! (oh and Oliver too!)



The most excited day was Isaac's baptism!  So exciting apparently, that I forgot my camera!  Thanks Michelle for taking some with your camera phone.  I am still so bummed though that I didn't take more pictures even when we got back home and had a camera so we are going to dress up again on Sunday and recreate the moment:)  I especially need to get some ones of Isaac in his suit.  He looked so handsome and he was SO happy that day. Thanks to everyone who came and supported him!  We were lucky enough to have both sets of Grandparents!  It was fun to see everyone!



5 comments:

Becky J. said...

I can't believe Isaac is old enough to be baptized! Wow, when did that happen? How awesome. He is so handsome and it sounds like it was a great day.

Thank you for the invite to join you at the beach in April! We'd love to come out for a day! We're about an hour and a half drive from there so what we'd probably do is just come as early in the morning as we can get 3 kids out the door and stay until the evening and then come back here to sleep. How fun! Let me know what dates would work best and we'll pick a day to come. It'll be so fun to see you guys and your cute kiddos (especially the two we've never met!)

Poppy said...

How fun! Happy late bday Issac and congrats on the baptism! I love your dining room, it looks great.

Unknown said...

The dining room looks great! You'll have to have the crowd over again so we can all drop food!! And there is no way you are old enough to have an 8-year old! Crazy!!

mad white woman said...

Your new and improved dining room looks wonderful. How old are you if you have a son that got baptized?? :)

Beka said...

your house looks great! your kids are CRAZY old & Baptized?!?! holycow- i also LOVe the ninja party idea- need to remember that for my twiners!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...