The Party Van and Us

The Party Van and Us

Thursday, March 22, 2012

enjoying sunshine

Utah weather is crazy for me.  One day it can be freezing, and then the next day the sun is out!  We take advantage of every good day we get!  The kids had their first picnic of the season and Luke and Ruby taught Oliver the art of telling secrets.  One Sunday after church, the kids couldn't wait to get in the sun--they jumped out of the car and played in their sunday best.


Picnic, Secrets and Olivers new smile.  Seriously he smiles like that every time you say "cheese" to him.

Ruby spent at least 20 minutes doing the "hair" on her bike.  She told me, "Mommy, it is going to be so beautiful!"  I think she tried to braid it.  Then she got her water spray bottle (that we use for her hair) and a rag and cleaned her entire bike.  It was pretty funny how into it she was.

One Sunny day we tried to take some 8 year old baptism day pictures...it was a little too bright for Isaac, but he powered through.  He is one handsome dude!!




We have some new tricks at our house.  Isaac can do a front flip on the tramp.  Ruby knows how to turn her tongue greenish blue, Oliver is the master of bin keys, and Luke learned to ride a two wheeler ON his birthday.  I really think he could have done this last summer, but we were lazy and waited.  He never wanted to ride his bike before, but now he has discovered it is so much fun without those training wheels and rides it all the time!  Isaac went to a spy birthday party and the next day he wrote this sign and played a spy game with Luke.  I thought it was cool:)



Here is Luke shown off his new skill.  He has a tiny little bike but he loves it.  We told him after he got really comfortable we could get him a bigger one.  I said he had to ride around the block 50 times before he got a new bike.  He is so clever and organized and cute.  He made himself a little chart of all the things he needed to learn on his bike and drew pictures.  He drew a picture of him learning to ride in rocks, on the grass, riding around the block, and a bunch of other things.



These pictures are from last week before the cold blew in.  It is supposed to be in the 70's for the rest of the week and we can't wait!


We really have missed not having very much  snow this year though.  The kids have only been able to play in the snow two days and the boys have only gone sledding once.  The snow is here in the morning but by the time the boys get home in the afternoon, it is melted.  Olivers first time this year in the snow he didn't know what to think.  He eventually decided he liked it and followed Ruby all around.  This picture shows a sweet Ruby helping a little brother out.  She could reach the table to eat snow but Oliver couldn't--I looked out the window just in time to see her SHARING SNOW WITH HER TONGUE!!  It was both gross and sweet, and hilarious!  She just thought it would be the easiest way to help her brother out.  He went with it long enough for me to get a picture through the window.  She licked up the snow and stuck her tongue out so he could eat some too:)  You will either be gagging, or laughing right now!  I did a little bit of both:)





Here are some Valentine pictures.  I do the 14 days of love for my kids and they get a small little treat and love note from me every day.  We also decorated some cookies...and some of us ate sprinkles by the handful.  Kyle was in charge of Valentines Day this year and he did a great job without meaning to.  He decided to get tickets to a musical kinda late in the game but he scored the only two seats left--on the 2nd row!  The musical was Zorro and it was soooooo good.  It was the first time ever being showed int he U.S. and we were there when the producer was in the audience.  It has been shown in London but hasn't made its debut on Broadway yet.  So good.  The writer of the play also produced the first Zorro movie with Antonio Banderaz.  It was really fun, thanks Kyle!



Luke had a sweet carnival birthday party thanks to ME!:)  It was so fun to plan but I'm glad it is over.  I have lots of fun pictures to share next time.

7 comments:

Jessica said...

i am always so glad when kid birthday parties are over, too! looks like you guys have been up to all kinds of stuff. i hear you on blog posts being few and far between. life is certainly busy!

Anne said...

Learning on tiny bikes is the only way to go. Eliza learned awhile ago but her bike is a little biggest so she can't control it as easy. Cute pics. I keep thinking I will blog again but my laptop is so miserable it's not worth it and their is no new mac in my foreseeable future.

Erin said...

love your cute pictures and adventures so glad we dress our girls the same I swear they share six of the same outfits Ruby;s blue dress in the beginning is Hayden's Easter dress

seven smiles said...

This is repeat comment, but true nonetheless: YOUR KIDS ARE SO DANG CUTE!

Loved all the pictures.

xo

mad white woman said...

Oh goody, you're still alive. I was beginning to wonder. :)

Dallings said...

Those baptism pictures are so precious. Ruby was so cute with her bike and colored tongue. Seriously you two have beautiful children. That Zorro play sounds fun, I loved the movie.

The Fillmore Family said...

By the way--I love, love, love your hair. I want your haircut but it wouldn't look so cute on me. I want so badly not to have bangs anymore but I just don't seem to be able to do it. The pictures of everyone were great and I love the commentary. Love, Mom

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...