Luke turns SIX!!
Luke's most anticipated event of the year has come and gone, but we have lots of pictures to show for it!
Birthday breakfast--Luke requested donuts and I was mighty happy with this because I had been doing lots of prep work for his awesome carnival party a few days later. He got lots of pokemon and we finally bought a leapster.
He brought cupcakes in for his kindergarten class and it made a great "cake" for us that night too! Daddy covered his mouth right when he tried to blow out the candles. Silly Dad!
THE INVITATIONS
THE PARTY
We did a Carnival theme. We borrowed a giant popcorn machine, and a cotton candy machine. Luke sweetly requested a piƱata as well. We had REAL darts and nobody died or was seriously injured:). Lots of fun games and prizes and face painting too! A few days before Kyle messed up his back and I thought it was a great excuse to "hire" a few young woman in our ward to run the carnival booths at the party. It was so smart and I loved just being able to watch the kids have fun and take the pictures because it was a lot of work to set this party up!
We did a Carnival theme. We borrowed a giant popcorn machine, and a cotton candy machine. Luke sweetly requested a piƱata as well. We had REAL darts and nobody died or was seriously injured:). Lots of fun games and prizes and face painting too! A few days before Kyle messed up his back and I thought it was a great excuse to "hire" a few young woman in our ward to run the carnival booths at the party. It was so smart and I loved just being able to watch the kids have fun and take the pictures because it was a lot of work to set this party up!
This was Luke's favorite game. He tells me he is a pro. He really is you know. Look at the concentration and perfection!!
THE PRESENTS
THE CAKE
Happy Birthday Luke!
You are the best 6 year old we know!!
And because my other kids are cute too.
Isaac's crazy hair day at school. Luke refused to participate because it was on his birthday.
I love jean jackets and had to buy one for Ruby AND then make her pose for me:)













9 comments:
what a fun party theme! and the idea of "hiring" young women is genius. i will have to remember that for the next "real" party i throw. :)
Darling pics...and darn I have a Jean jacket for you. Happy birthday luke
Happy birthday Luke! What a fun party, will you be my mom? I love reading your updates. But I do have to tell you when I read your post title on the other page I thought you were making a baby announcement. Too funny
I don't think I ever gave my kids such a cool party. He looks like one happy boy.
I love the carnival themed party. I would totally love to have you guest post it on my craft blog. So cute.
I can't believe how old our kids are getting. At first I thought, there is no way he is that old until I remembered how old Bennett is as well. It's so fun and scary sometimes!
Thanks for the heads up. I went and purchased the extra space.
wow- 6!! crazy!!! i lOVE the carnival party theme AND your cute plate wall behind Ruby:)
you are an awesome mom. all those pictures! soooo cute. love ruby's dress!
Post a Comment