The Party Van and Us

The Party Van and Us

Thursday, August 29, 2013

summer before baby

Trying to update--
More of our Summer (not in chronological order, because that would be too much work)!!

This was Isaac's end of school year projects



I pulled it off.  I pretended to be really with it and ran our cities' talent show again this year for Saratoga Splash, even with extra kids.  It was easier than I thought it would be and Kyle was super helpful and supportive.  After a full day in the sun at the parade and carnival with 7  kids (exhausting!), we ended the night watching an awesome comedian, complete with puppets. The kids almost died laughing.  It was a fun thing to do with the olders after a full day of crazy.

(Side story on that sweat shirt I'm wearing...I stole it from Kyle pre-marriage because I always wanted to "wear" my boyfriends sweatshirt.  He saw me with it on the next day (hiding behind a car from him) and it was quite embarrassing for me....because he wasn't my boyfriend YET.  He has never let me forget the story of our sweatshirt.)

Parade watching...

While looking at this picture, I realized I could make up different ages for my kids and it wouldn't seem so hard.  12, 10, 8, 6, 4, 2.5, 8 months.  

Because the real ages are a little bit scary...
9, 7, 6, 4, 3, 2, 1



Happy Father's day to one AMAZING dad.

The best gift by far.  Luke doesn't realize how hilarious this is.  He is so proud of his gift to Kyle.  LOVE It.  I almost died with anticipation.  I couldn't wait for Kyle to get to wear it!








Penny is a SUPER reader!

Luke was sick for his piano recital, so his teacher let him have one at her house a couple weeks later.  He came upstairs dressed so nicely and said, "I couldn't find my cape."  I told him we would just have to make do with the hat.  Wow.  We love our Luke so much!


He loves his teacher almost as much as he loves piano.

Ruby and neighbor and friend Karly have matching dresses!  Girls have so much fun matching!

We had so much fun in Wildwood this year (pictures for a different post) and it was great to see family. Jenny and her daughter Ella got to stay with us for a couple extra days after the cabin.

Ella was a HUGE hit.  We miss her!

Happy Birthday to me!

Cute sisters who don't believe in sleeping past 6:30 am...dressing up in the morning before anyone else gets up!

Oliver and Mia in time out.  Mia thinks it is great anytime she gets to do time out WITH Oliver.  Oliver still doesn't like it.

Maybe not time out worthy, but I was pretty frustrated with the never ending POINTLESS messes this day.  Pure naughtiness these two this day.  Putting everything in the crib and messing up Ruby and Oliver's  room just for fun.  I stopped them right before they got the table in the crib.


Her cuteness saves her daily.


Tea party with Karly!


Swim lessons!  Two times this summer!





4th of July posers.  Don't know where Isaac and Luke were?




Role reversal??



Brothers who love

Yep. I made them all exercise in the morning too.  Didn't happen every morning, but we tried!



Easton tried too!

Some hills were just too big.






I don't know why Oliver can never make a real smile.  It is always a goofy grin.  Here we are having a manners lesson for FHE.  It was mostly just a fun tea party with lots of treats:)









This wasn't very cool to me.  But the girls had fun making chalk dust.  Apparently it is fun to make, but not to clean up.


Mia has the best bed head.  Don't you agree?  She also has a HUGE bruise on her cheek.  She moved a chair in front of her brother's swing and got knocked to the ground...hitting the arm of the chair on the way. So, SO sad.




Many people have asked what kind of car we drive.  Just that white ford expedition.  Seats 9 with the bucket seat in the front.  Yep.  Nice and cozy.  With the addition of the baby, we become a two car family, literally!


Getting do know Grandpa and his shades.


We hosted a 4th of July party with our Widdison family.

Luke wears his food proudly EVERY meal.

Roly Poly magic...puts a smile on his face everytime.



Kyle sporting his new hat from his brother Kurtis. 

during the party, these cuties performed a scooby doo song for us.  Luke stole the show but the girls rocked it too.












Oliver was being Mr. Grumpy, so Grandpa had a frowning contest with him.

Serious business


during the party, I stopped to admire my raspberries.  yum.

When they aren't fighting, they are helping each other.  Not always a good thing when it involves mischief.  But this was when they were getting a drink:)















Watching a few fireworks in the light.  Oliver was happy until dad tried to give him a sparkler...he FREAKED out.  He was so confused and yelled through tears, "Don't give me something hot, it will burn me!"  He was so confused as to why his dad would do something like that.  It was sad but mostly funny:)

We also had a night time show for the olders.


We all had fun taking pictures!


















These two like to make beds in the morning and read.

Penny learned to ride without training wheels about a week after she got here.

And Ruby followed about a month later!  go girls!


Trying to get ready for school.  Reading and homework here we come!



Easton's (first?) haircut.  What a handsome dude.



Thats it folks!
I plan on doing a more in depth "journal" type post soon.  Just trying to catch up on pictures first.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...