The Party Van and Us

The Party Van and Us

Monday, September 02, 2013

Simon says, "Here I am!"

Don't judge.  I was up at 3 am trying to figure out if I was in labor.  So yes,  I looked terrible, and needed a quick little make over before the pictures started...but Kyle started the pictures early.:)


This labor was quite different from the other 4.  I thought I had almost 4 weeks to go until this baby arrived, but then woke up thinking I wet the bed!  I discovered over an hour later (because I didn't turn on the light the first time I looked), that I was bleeding quite a bit.  Kyle and I were a bit scared, so we rushed on over to the hospital.  After a few tests, and a few conversations with the doctor, they decided to break my water and let labor continue:)  I had some sort of allergic reaction to the antibiotic  they gave me for strep b (never had the test done, so they just give it to you in case), so now I'm allergic to penicillin.  Not happy about that.  So below, I was falling asleep because of the lack of sleep AND because of the benadryl. 

So after the initial scare, this was the easiest labor by far!  They checked me right before I sent Kyle to the cafeteria and a few minutes late I called him to tell him to hurry on back!  He thought I was joking, but he was able to grab a sandwich and get back just in time:)




Then he came.  And he was NOT an early baby.  





Yep, I deserved it!

 Bottle feeding baby has its perks.


Will he have curly hair?  we shall see...in about a year.

























Welcome home baby Simon


















Simon's first week home was filled with lots of holdings and lovings.

































One morning I tried to pose my baby and take some "professional" new born pictures.  I think this one picture pretty much sums up how THAT went.  I quickly hired a real professional and the results were amazing!:)





The first week was exhausting and the baby blues were in full force, but we survived and are still surviving:)  Simon makes it all worth it.  He is perfect and we all love him.

1 comment:

Lark said...

love love love...so precious!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...