A new President!
(Politics with Isaac)
Isaac, we have a new president of our country. His name is President Obama.
"I thought it was Barack Obama?"
Well, yes it is.
"Oh good, I like that one, he is the one with the blue shape."
How come you don't like the one with the red shape?
"Because he doesn't look as cool as the one with the blue shape."
This coming from the kid with an OBSESSION with the color Red.
hmmmm...interesting.

Isaac is ALWAYS interesting.
If you don't know him, he is definitely someone you should know. Here he is showing me his favorite toys. A "bowling" ball and a little guy named "sushi." Don't let Sushi fool you. He can transform into a spaceship, a dinosaur, AND a guy...just by turning him in different directions.
Isaac gets his vivid imagination from me.
He gets his love of "simple" things...and "it doesn't take much to make me happy" attitude from his dad.
Isaac we love you!! What in the world do I get you for Christmas? You seem to have it all. Friends that come over often ask, where are all the toys that do something. Isaac just doesn't get why they don't want to play with guys like sushi all day long.

A new lifestyle change for Luke!?
Or not so much.
Potty training Day 1
Chips and apple juice

Potty training Day 2
Back in Diapers
He really isn't ready and neither am I!!

Addition to our family...Still Awaiting Sister
I found the boys in her crib the other day. They already love her...or at least love her things!

(only 9 weeks to go boys!)
Isaac says, "her name is Lilly, it just is." He is adamantly opposed to any other name. But, we let him help choose Luke's name, so we get to decide this one all on our own. He isn't going to give up easily.
On a political note from me...
I really hope that President Obama can do all the good things he says he can do. I don't know how he is going decrease the national debt with some of his ideas but I'll give him a chance.
Right now I am just really hating that he is a chain smoker who can't quit (The thing is not that he smokes but that he WANTS to quit, that he has tried, but says that he can't. Come on Obama, your job as a president is going to be a lot harder than controlling your own body...I want a leader who can put his mind to something and DO it!)
And this quote from him...
(from a speech given at a planned parenthood meeting)
"I have 2 daughters and first I'm going to teach them about values and morals but if they make a mistake, I don't want them punished with a baby....first thing I will do as president is sign the freedom of choice act."
What will the freedom of choice act do?
It will remove:
However, despite these 2 things (there are others but we'll just leave it at the two that make my stomach churn) I do not believe he is a BAD person. Some believe that he is a terrorist. Some believe he is an anti-Christ, like spoken about in the Book of Mormon.
I do not agree with those people. I think President Obama has good intentions...we'll just see if he can work his Obama charm and magic. I think it is going to be a lot harder than he thinks.
Lets see if the slogan "Yes We Can" refers to anything but him becoming the 44th president.
Oh, and I almost forgot...a HUGE shout out to all the people in California who worked so hard to pass Prop. 8!! Way to GO! It made my day.
Isaac, we have a new president of our country. His name is President Obama.
"I thought it was Barack Obama?"
Well, yes it is.
"Oh good, I like that one, he is the one with the blue shape."
How come you don't like the one with the red shape?
"Because he doesn't look as cool as the one with the blue shape."
This coming from the kid with an OBSESSION with the color Red.
hmmmm...interesting.
Isaac is ALWAYS interesting.
If you don't know him, he is definitely someone you should know. Here he is showing me his favorite toys. A "bowling" ball and a little guy named "sushi." Don't let Sushi fool you. He can transform into a spaceship, a dinosaur, AND a guy...just by turning him in different directions.
Isaac gets his vivid imagination from me.
He gets his love of "simple" things...and "it doesn't take much to make me happy" attitude from his dad.
Isaac we love you!! What in the world do I get you for Christmas? You seem to have it all. Friends that come over often ask, where are all the toys that do something. Isaac just doesn't get why they don't want to play with guys like sushi all day long.
A new lifestyle change for Luke!?
Or not so much.
Potty training Day 1
Chips and apple juice
Potty training Day 2
Back in Diapers
He really isn't ready and neither am I!!

Addition to our family...Still Awaiting Sister
I found the boys in her crib the other day. They already love her...or at least love her things!
(only 9 weeks to go boys!)
Isaac says, "her name is Lilly, it just is." He is adamantly opposed to any other name. But, we let him help choose Luke's name, so we get to decide this one all on our own. He isn't going to give up easily.
On a political note from me...
I really hope that President Obama can do all the good things he says he can do. I don't know how he is going decrease the national debt with some of his ideas but I'll give him a chance.
Right now I am just really hating that he is a chain smoker who can't quit (The thing is not that he smokes but that he WANTS to quit, that he has tried, but says that he can't. Come on Obama, your job as a president is going to be a lot harder than controlling your own body...I want a leader who can put his mind to something and DO it!)
And this quote from him...
(from a speech given at a planned parenthood meeting)
"I have 2 daughters and first I'm going to teach them about values and morals but if they make a mistake, I don't want them punished with a baby....first thing I will do as president is sign the freedom of choice act."
What will the freedom of choice act do?
It will remove:
- all restrictions on abortion including partial birth abortions
- parental notification
- informed consent
However, despite these 2 things (there are others but we'll just leave it at the two that make my stomach churn) I do not believe he is a BAD person. Some believe that he is a terrorist. Some believe he is an anti-Christ, like spoken about in the Book of Mormon.
I do not agree with those people. I think President Obama has good intentions...we'll just see if he can work his Obama charm and magic. I think it is going to be a lot harder than he thinks.
Lets see if the slogan "Yes We Can" refers to anything but him becoming the 44th president.
Oh, and I almost forgot...a HUGE shout out to all the people in California who worked so hard to pass Prop. 8!! Way to GO! It made my day.


14 comments:
I really can't judge him for smoking- I've never smoked in my life and I don't know what that would be like to quit. I hope he can though, I hope he wants to (quit).
I also hope that we will all be able to be supportive of women to respect themselves and the powers of creation. Hey, men too.
It will be very interesting to see how it all plays out. Almost as interesting as Luke's potty training!
I love reading your posts! I am also interested in seeing how Obama does. It does make me nervous that we don't have a balance in power in the branches. I am not a strong Rep. or Dem. but I do like having a balance of both.
On a cuter note, I love that Isaac is thrilled with his toys. Judging from the creativity of his mom, he is following in good footsteps.
Way to go on the potty training - give yourself a break while your pregnant! It'll work out.
Secondly, I can't believe that quote by Obama about abortion! Yikes! Its going to be a different world ...
I had no idea Obama even smoked. I think it's a disgusting and horrid habit, but for some reason, that doesn't bother me. Maybe because his 'plans' make me sick. Or maybe because I have horrid habits too, they just aren't as obvious.
You are much more optimistic than I. I think America is in for a rude (and perhaps needed) awakening.
Can I just say, ROMNEY 2012!
I can't believe you will have another baby so soon! I need to jump on the band wagon one of these days (but not today!)
Wow, we think the exact same politically! I feel exactly as you do. I'm willing to give Obama a chance, but I'm not holding my breath that even half the stuff he's promised will even get started, let alone finished. I think there's going to be a lot of disappointed Obama enthusiasts out there in a couple years.
And I am also SO excited about Prop 8. All that hard work everyone did paid off. I told Joseph I don't even care who wins the presidential race as long as Prop 8 passes, and it did! Of course, the law suits have already begun and this thing ain't over and probably never will be, but it's definitely a victory for us nonetheless!
I've decided that potty-training is the hardest thing parents go through. I'm ready to give up with Stockton, but he has made some progress. It's just so frustrating.
i just vomited when i read how stupid obama sounded when he said that whole punishment quote. that killed me. what a DORK with a capital RETARD. anyway. emily i started a new blog. :)
Wow, I only get my news from CNN, cause the other news is in Czech so I had no idea. I think of you every time Vinson rides the toys at the malls with his "imagination." He doesn't care he just loves sitting in the car or plane or train and turning the wheel.
Okay, YOU WIN! Diarrhea with cloth diapers is annoying, but it's annoying with disposables too. Diarrhea, the annoying maker.
Thought I'd let you know.
Yes, I didn't know he smoked either. That is too bad as an image for young Americans. I hadn't seen the freedom of choice quote either. It is a little frightening. I was feeling a little hopeful but statements like that make it difficult. Love, Mom
We'll see you soon
I'm catching up on your blog....and loved all that was in this last post. I heard that quote from Obama replayed one day on Hannity, and COULD NOT believe he actually said that. I'm with your other reader..Romney in 2012! I think more of us will behind him earlier it could be something that really happens, in the meantime we do what we can do...look at Prop 8, that was completely grassroots and amazingly needed. Perhaps there will be more that we can all do than we realize now.
Anyway, thank you for the lovely reads, smiles at your creative children and thoughts of you with a new baby girl. Life is oh so much fun!
You forgot my rule about potty training...wait until they BEG you to wear big boy underwear...also, I would not attempt such a feat until after the baby, he'll probably regress anyway! Good luck.
You make me laugh Emily!! I don't know how you have time to post such hilarious things all the time. I love how you are not afraid to post political things either...you go supermom!
Post a Comment