He had an awesome b-day party and told me his favorite part was the cake--because it was an ice cream cake. The first time since he was one that he actually ate a TON of his cake. I think we will have to do an ice cream cake for his b-day ever year even though they aren't very fun to decorate. He also loved having his friends over for super hero training camp and a pinata. He was lucky to have 2 surprise visitors too!

Gramy and Papa!
The new face of Is-a-car
The many faces of the L-inator
Ruby has learned a lot of new tricks. She stands and claps ( with MAYBE one step). rides her car all over the house, loves to say Cheese for the camera, says dad, uh-oh, bus, and has an adorable sound for the word banana. She loves her sunglasses, loves to put things on her wrists (which is funny because she hasn't worn her baby bracelets for a while now (they are too small) but she still likes to accessorize I guess). She loves to go up and down the stairs, look at books, and have crazy hair after her baths. She also loves to stand on her head and waits for me to tip her over and say "somersault" I think she learned this one from her cousin Cedric. She has learned to color, but after eating a few crayons, mommy got smart and gave her the colorless markers that only shows up on the magic paper. She also learned to watch t.v. --but only for about 30 seconds at a time. Her most favorite things to do are go outside, be held by our neighbor Michelle, eat suckers, and hold small choking hazards like coins and buttons in her hands.
The many faces of Roobles
In other news: It turns out I do have a baby inside of me! I felt the first little kicks/nudges about a week ago. Always so much fun!
Conversation overheard the other day between Isaac, Luke and a friend:
Isaac, "We are at a war right now. It is going on RIGHT NOW! We are either on Jesus' side or Satan's so we have to be really really good and nice and kind. If I was Cain I would not have done what he did. I would have made the right choices. And I can feel the Spirit right now. I just felt the spirit when I was nice to Luke just now."
This was followed by a discussion on how some kids are naughty.
I wish I could have heard more of this--it lasted for a good 10 minutes--but I was sewing upstairs and had a hard time piecing it together. I'm sure it was a great gospel discussion
And again this morning when Kyle was getting ready to go to the temple:
Isaac, "Okay Dad, have a great time! And don't forget to take me someday so I can feel the Holy
Spirit. I can go when I am 12 and I am almost there. I just have to go 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, and then 12! And I know who is on Satan's side--all the robbers, and burgalers and bad guys. And people who smoke*. We are not supposed to drink tea or coffee or smoke."
Kyle,"Or do drugs."
Isaac, "Ya....What are drugs?"
*we did not teach him this smokers part--I have told him many times that you are still a nice person even if you smoke, just not taking good care of your body...but I HAVE heard his friends tell him smokers are bad in a stronger manner:)






8 comments:
great updates! Jack lost about 4 teeth in one week and looked like a jack-o-lantern. Did none of those bracelets fit Ruby??
Don't you love hearing your kids repeat good stuff to other people that you've told them? Tells you that they actually are listening and taking in something you've been teaching. Good job, mom and dad!
Another great blog post again! I love to see what your fam is up to! You're supermom for sure! The toothfairy sure forgets to stop at our house! Love the discussion between friends! :)
Those conversations are awesome. It's so hard to teach kids about smoking... Clara says, "Oh, gross, something smells like smoke" each time she sees someone smoking.
Happy 6th Birthday, dude!
Too funny. I hadn't seen this when I did a post about my Isaac losing teeth. What cute cousins. Too bad we don't have a picture of them together. Hope you are feeling well. Happy Birthday to Isaac.
Oh, Isaac has no teeth. Maybe we could get him some dentures until his new ones grow in. Too fun!
It is so fun to see and read all that you are doing. Hope you are feeling well.
what a fun update - your kiddos are so precious! glad to hear things are coming along with the new babe as well...I love when the first stirrings occur, definitely an 'ahhh' moment!
Isaac is such a smarty! I love how he understands the simple parts of this life and the gospel. We should just have children speak in Sacrament Meeting - the basics in a witty and very, very cute style!!
p.s. I hope the home works out for you. that would be wonderful!
Post a Comment