The Party Van and Us

The Party Van and Us

Monday, January 25, 2010

The planet pluto and the power of prayer.

These funny boys make a great team!
Jan 24, 2010 (Journal entry for both Isaac & Luke--from Daddy)
A few days ago Luke came home with a poster he had made with the "8" planets (he was learning about space). When Isaac saw the poster he instantly saw a flaw and said, "They forgot Pluto. What happened to Pluto?" Mommy tried to explain to Isaac that Pluto wasn't really a planet anymore, but Isaac was distraught. "Pluto is my favorite planet. It has to still be a planet!!" A few minutes later, Mommy saw Isaac looking really sad so she asked what was wrong. "I just really miss Pluto" was Isaac's reply.
So, tonight Luke launched on a plan to get Pluto back. Just before bedtime, Luke ran downstairs and came back with 5 stick horses. He started running around the living room sticking the horses in the windows. "The horses are going to look at the windows for me and look at the stars." In his room, Luke explained the plan in more detail, "The horses will look at the stars, and they will find Pluto and then we will turn Pluto into a star!" Isaac wasn't exactly thrilled with the idea because he wanted Pluto back as a planet, not the star, but I guess Isaac thought a star was better than nothing because he suggested a way to make the plan work, "I know how to make this work - there is only one thing we can do." Isaac immediately turned over to his bed and started praying for the plan to work. When he was done Isaac announced, "There, Heavenly Father will listen. Sometimes you get what you ask for, sometimes you just learn a lesson." Luke thought it was a pretty good idea, because he also joined into the praying session to make the plan work. I left the room to tell the story to Mommy and when I came back you two were just finishing up a series of prayers. It's the most prayerful I have ever seen you to be.

I'm thinking this time around the prayers might help you learn a lesson...

(from mom)
I just have to add that Isaac was pretty distraught about this Pluto information for quite some time. He kept thinking of reasons why it was ridiculous that Pluto wasn't a planet anymore. One reason was that one of his favorite shows--zula patrol--has a pluto character...so now what is going to happen, huh? It really is a sad thing.

Another story from Isaac:
"There is this bully at my school. He is really tall. I got in line behind him at the bus and he called me a name, he said, "Hi Bob!""
(mom and dad's advice) "Just say Hi Frankie to him....he really isn't calling you a bad name, he is just being kinda silly and a tease."
Isaac said, "I have a better idea, I just won't stand by him in line anymore."

He really didn't understand our advice at all and I'm sure he thought we were crazy...talk to a bully? No way! Avoidance works much better.
We love our boys!

6 comments:

Poppy said...

We miss those funny boys! Dylan still keeps asking me if we can go to Luke's house...wish we could. Are you feeling any better?

mad white woman said...

Lately I have been thinking about how imaginations make life awesome. Thank goodness for kids because most adults let their imaginations go long before they become adults.

J♥M said...

You have great boys! I love these stories and it'll be so nice for them to have in the future. I prefer avoiding bully's as well! It really works!

Stacie Robinson said...

Boys are funny! I love how they process things in their heads. Congrats on the new one!

Sabrina O'Malley said...

I agree, I miss Pluto too. So cute!

larainydays said...

Your boys are on to something. They understand by which power "planets" such as Pluto were formed. I am impressed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...