The Party Van and Us

The Party Van and Us

Monday, April 12, 2010

Day 1

On the drive
The drive to the beach was awful. We left in the afternoon (way too late). Towards the end of the trip I was counting backwards from 500 if that tells you anything. I was just hoping and praying that we would be there when I got to zero. I was stuck in a very uncomfortable position with Ruby in my lap (no car seat=bad mom) while she slept for about 2 hours. It was very painful on my pregnant self. The next morning I was almost in tears remembering those last few hours and told Kyle that if he loved me, he would let me stay in a hotel room the next time we made the trip at a half-way point. Too bad I didn't even remember that we were going through Vegas where my brother lives until we were actually there and by then it was too late. Okay, so after we woke up, ate some breakfast we walked out the front door and down the steps to the beach and the drive almost seemed worth it.

Day One: Saturday-- day of napping err, I mean conference watching (we really did try our hardest but we were just soooo tired), beach walking, wave jumping, a little bit of grocery shopping and of course, thrifty ice cream.

Ruby meeting the ocean for the very first time.
She was NOT impressed in the beginning and wanted nothing to do with the frigid cold water. She also did not like the cold wet sand on her feet but she warmed up as the hours/days passed. In the beginning, all she wanted to do was point out the birds, dogs, and try to climb the big rocks.

Getting ready to jump the waves!
We ended the day with some much needed comfort food. We ate ice cream until our bellies hurt. It was Ruby's first ice cream cone and after I showed her how it was done, she dug right in and thought it was the greatest cold thing on earth (next to the ocean, of course). I can't get fresh Thrifty ice cream anywhere else (the stuff I found in AZ was a little old tasting) so when we go to California, I BINGE for days and days and do not regret it. This baby might come out wearing ice cream on his/her lips.
Thanks mom!

3 comments:

jae said...

Hope the ride home goes smoother! I love the pictures! Keep that baby in her seat!!

Poppy said...

it's nice to have you back posting, it makes me miss you a little less. Looks like a beautiful sunny CA day!

larainydays said...

I can't believe you have deprived Ruby of ice cream until now. She is practically an old woman in ice cream years. Thank goodness you are providing for your in utero baby.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...