The Party Van and Us

The Party Van and Us

Thursday, February 03, 2011

10 X 10

Isaac celebrated the 100th day of school today. He told me he knows what 10 X 10 is. I thought I should do something to celebrate such a momentous occasion so I'm posting 100 pictures...give or take a few.

This is my diaper bag/purse and I love it. I love it the most when it is cleaned out and organized.


The other day I thought I should clean it out and this is what I found!


one screwdriver, 3 pencils, 2 pens, 2 card games, 8 dirty pieces of candy, a wallet, a quarter, 1.5 pairs of shoes (including the missing black one that I thought I lost in AZ), 2 combs, 1 nursing cover, 1 diaper rag,5 pill bottles (4 were filled with peanut m&ms, and one was empty), 1 diaper changing pad, 1 diaper, 1 package of wipes, 3 pairs of socks, 1 pack of gum, 3 suckers, 1 m&m bag, 1 fruit roll up, 2 fruit snacks, 2 tootsie rolls, 3 "lips" (as Ruby likes to call them), 2 tide to go pens, 4 toys, 1 ward directory with a piece of candy stuck to it, 2 receipts, 1 handful of trash, 1 bottle of lotion, 1 hair slicking gel, 1 spray bottle, 1 package of tissue, 1 bottle of infant Tylenol, and 1 tube of Aquaphor
WOW! My bag feels so much lighter now! Sad thing is, it will only take about a week to get that bad again.

Isaac had a great b-day. He chose Olive Garden for his dinner---loves those bread sticks. He loved his cards and presents and we have all enjoyed his new camera. He calls it his fake camera that really works.
Here are his photography skills at work!

Hold Still and say Cheese Oliver!
Just had to throw these pictures in here...These are pictures of Luke when he was 6/7 months old...we think Oliver looks SOOOO much like Luke. People say all my kids look alike, but I disagree completely. I think I have 2 brands of kids. An Isaac Brand, and Luke brand. So far, Ruby falls in the Isaac category, and Oliver falls in the Luke category.
Oliver turned 6 months! He loves his solid foods and I finally figured out how easy it is to blend up veggies and fruit in my blender and freeze my own baby food. Way cheaper and Tastes better says Ollie.


Ruby had her 2 year appointment and Oliver had his 6 month appointment.

Ruby
length: 34.25 (57%)
weight: 27 lbs (51%)
Head Circ: (75%)

Oliver
Length: 28.5 (95%)
weight: 19.2 lbs (75%)
Head Circ: (75%)

Ruby is still a crack up!
She loves to play with Soft Suzie--my favorite doll when I was her age. The voice box still works and it makes really cute baby noises...not like the creepy ones they make today.
Luke is loving his tumbling class. I don't think he has a future in it, but he gets a lot of energy out!!

Typical pictures from church for our kids.
Left one is by Isaac
Bottom right is Ruby's
and Luke's is the top right...always some sort of monster. We always wonder what his lesson was about because those are the pictures we get every week!



Drum roll please.....

Kyle has finally started work!
Yes, he supposedly GOT the job a long time ago...but all the paperwork took FOREVER. We have all been on the edge of our seats waiting in anticiaption for the day when he could get ready for work, and then really go to work! He decided to grow his hair out while he waited. Don't let the face (or hair) fool you. Kyle is SO HAPPY to be going to work. I think he got sick of us!!


A subtle hint? That is what I think it was. I was frustrated with meal planning and kept just well, NOT making dinner. So my handsome smart husband suggested that I make a meal plan for 2 weeks...maybe he only thinks I know how to make that many meals?? Well, really, we do cook a lot of the same things around here because I know what my kids will eat...and it isn't much! So, I took his loving advice and so far it has been AWESOME! I don't have to worry about what is for dinner ever again!
(Well, at least for awhile until we get sick of it, the kids grow up and become better eaters, or I get lazy--whichever comes first)
I saved some spots for new recipes and grill nights or take out nights. I even laminated it so I could write on it with a dry erase marker. I love laminate.

I'll finish with 2 pictures of some singing babies!
(Luke and Ruby about the same age)



9 comments:

Emily Widdison said...

I think that was only about 68 pictures...

Anne said...

we had a great trip to Las Vegas...halfway realized I left my camera at home. I was so sad and just quit blogging. I am so impressed with that many pictures. It would take me 100 years. I love Ruby's underwear, they are my favorite.

Poppy said...

James' 2 yo stats...just to compare!
20.6 lbs (-5%)
32"(5%-atleast he got on the chart with his height!!)
Ollie will likely surpass him by his next check up.
Cute pics!

Natalie said...

I see what you mean about having two types of kids. The resemblance is pretty uncanny. They're all so stinking cute.

Dallings said...

Your kid brands are the cutest. Are you sure that is not a picture of you at the bottom? You'll have to tell me more about your blender baby food. Congrats on Kyle's job.

mad white woman said...

Slacker... only 68.

Just kidding. You are way more ambitious than I.

larainydays said...

Oliver is growing up fast. Looking at your busy life makes me happy. I am excited for the great kids you are raising that are going to do a lot of good in the world.

Becky J. said...

Yay for work and underwear pictures! Love it.

Alicia said...

I love your red bed!! Red is my favorite color so i love it on fun things like a bed.
I'm totally going to copy your meal planning calendar (with my own ideas but I love the food you have down... I just don't have those yummy recipes). I plan one week in advance and then get frustrated and give up planning the next week... but if i have a bunch of weeks, I don't think I'll get so frustrated!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...