The Party Van and Us

The Party Van and Us

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Loads and Loads

of LAUNDRY, what FUN!
At first I I thought this might be the only picture I had to post...but luckily, I found a few more (I really didn't take that many this month). We got behind on laundry because of the holiday Monday with no school...we had to catch up and this is how we do it. The boys race the clock to sort everyone's laundry then fold the towel and blanket basket and then mom gets to fold the rest. I think it is pretty fair. Oliver is taking note so he will know how to do it in a couple of years.

Luke got a scientist kit from G&G Fillmore. He loves it, and so does his assistant Ruby. At first he thought it would be a good kit to make a werewolf. I cannot tell him that is impossible (he won't believe me). I told him it would be very difficult to mix a human and a dog because it would be hard to locate a human that would be willing to take part in his experiment. I offered up Oliver, but he thought that was a TERRIBLE idea.

We had a great St. Patrick's Day. Isaac and Luke both made traps (forgot to take pictures), but we didn't get lucky. Our leprechaun escaped! Good thing he left green pee in the toilet and a chocolate coin trail to an extra big box of lucky charms or else we would have been really disappointed.


Oliver is two days shy of 8 months old. He still pretty much refuses to sit up. He CAN sit up but then he gets rocking and a rolling and ends up on his belly or back within a minute or two. He just loves to dance! He is getting stronger stomach muscles though.


This is him rocking back and forth!


I was commenting to my sister that although I have BIG babies, they sure do take a long time to grow up. They sit up later, crawl later, walk later, and get teeth a tad bit later than most babies. Oliver just cut his first tooth today (but only half way). My friend's baby that was born the same day, has 6 teeth! Come on Oliver, catch up!:) We are trying to enjoy his handsome dark hair while we have it...because in about a week it will be covered up with a helmet. Hopefully he will only have to wear it for a few months.

that's this week's load!!

9 comments:

mad white woman said...

I need someone to fold my laundry.

Sabrina O'Malley said...

I gave up on folding laundry, the kids at least. I love you St. Patty day activties. We forgot to set a trap this year :(.

Liesl Shurtliff said...

Laundry. The never ending battle.

Anne said...

Oh and his hair is so adorable right now. Such a great color. He will look cool in his helmet too. Tell Luke to keep up the good scientist work, I'm so impressed. And...you are lucky they stay little so long.

Jessica said...

laundry is so neverending! oliver is so adorable!

larainydays said...

I love your laundry folding boys. What a good mom you are.

Becky J. said...

That's why I allow myself to put on a movie while I fold laundry, because otherwise I'd never do it! I love that your boys help you. I can get my girls to sort socks but that's about it. Someday....

And that Oliver is so sweet! I love that he's just doing things on his own timetable. Go Oliver!

The Fillmore Family said...

Great idea to start early having your kids start helping to fold laundry. It was fun to read about your St. Patrick Day. I always wished I could think of something fun, but I never came up with anything. April Fools day too. Some of my friends did hilarious things. I should have heard of them while I had kids at home. I must have been a pretty boring mom. Love, Mom

J♥M said...

I love your laundry folding game! I'm going to do that for now on! I always have Mt. Laundry!
I also laughed out loud when I read green pee! I hadn't quite thought of it like that either!
What do you mean your babies don't grow quick enough? Baby Oliver is so handsome just like his brothers and I just love how all of your kids look like they belong together! He may not have all the teeth, but he's growing up just faster than fast! As crazy as it sounds, I wish I had a little bundle at my house!
You're superMOM for sure! I love your posts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...