The Party Van and Us

The Party Van and Us

Sunday, March 06, 2011

Rooster Fever and a Birthday boy!

I decided to put Roosters in my Kitchen. Because they were easy to find. Cheap. and BIG. and And I think that makes them perfect.


Speaking of perfect--that is how Luke would describe his birthday I'm sure. Especially because it involved his favorite breakfast of eggs on toast and bacon. He takes after me.
(but I am not eating much of ANYTHING these days, including eggs....after THREE horrible allergy attacks--I'll spare you the details--I am going in for an allergy test Tuesday morning. And until then, I get to eat fruits, veggies and chicken. I'm pretty much starving.


I didn't get any birthday cake, but Luke enjoyed some for me and he is praying every night that the doctor will find out what I'm allergic to.
Luke you are such a cute and funny boy. You make us laugh so much. You STILL think that you are a scientist that can create monsters in real life. No joke. You also have the best quotes in our family. The other day you told Daddy he better remember to stretch or he would shrink.


One of his presents was a complete cowboy set. Boots, handcuffs, badge and gun. His cousin Brinley helped him practice!


A great birthday celebration. I must admit, when he asked me to do a Jack an Annie Magic Tree House cake I was scared...but I pretty much just whip something up last minute anyways, so I did it again and it turned out PERFECT for Luke and that is all that matters. I really just make up my cakes while I make them--makes for a great no-stress cake. The sour patch kids represent Annie, Jack and Luke. He is obsessed---LOVES these stories because he loves his imagination.
I forgot to post these pictures from Isaac's birthday bash with his family. We went to monkey Island and jumped and slid for hours. They loved it. Oliver really wanted an otterpop too. Poor kid.

And for the best picture of the week--Scripture study. I have a GREAT video of all three of these kids reading at the same time. Ruby is speaking complete jibberish (loudly), Isaac is reading very well, and Luke is reading all the words he recognizes (and, the, to, etc). It is a great video that I will probably never get uploaded here because it never works for me. Notice the concentration!!
Oliver got a new quilt from our great friend Michelle. I hope he doesn't end up smothering her with too much love like his sister does. She needs her space:) GREAT blanket Michelle! Thanks! He has already slobbered all over it.
Thanks to everyone for all the great birthday wishes and gifts for Luke. He thanks you all from the bottom of his heart:) On the blog:) That is the best thank you we can do right now. We are in medical mode--Oliver is getting fitted for a helmet, I am on high allergy alert, cannot sit because of this dang tail bone pain and am currently wearing a wrist brace (again)...notice how most of those issues are with me! Why? Am I that old already? NO!!!! So frustrating!

Count
My
Blessings
One
by
One!
Right?:)


9 comments:

Sabrina O'Malley said...

You are so good at focusing on the positives. Take care if yourself.

Jessica said...

i hope you can figure out your allergies asap!!! that would be so frustrating. oliver is getting so big already. and i LOVE the scripture picture. i wish we would be able to capture one like that in our house. hahahaha.

The Fillmore Family said...

Great pictures! I meant to call Luke on his birthday. I will try this afternoon if we get home in time. Yesterday, we rushed home to eat and then went back for New Beginnings in typical Guatemalan fashion. It was supposed to start at 3:30 and it didn't start till after 4:00 and we finally left at 6:30 and didn't stay for refreshments. Did I tell you I am the new Personal Progress Counselor. Did I forget to tell you I don't speak Spanish? By the time we got home I had to go to a song practice. We are singing "Sisters in Zion"for our Family HOme Evening Dinner with Sister Thompson from Relief Society General Board and Sister Wixom from the Primary General Board. They are traveling around Central America doing converences. I was at one on Saturday from 1:30-6:30. So I really will try to call before our dinner tonight. Love, Mom

larainydays said...

It stinks you have allergies, plus your other miseries. I hope you shake them all off soon. I love the bday boy and adore the scripture pic.

Becky J. said...

I must have missed how you hurt your tail bone. Ouch! I'm so sorry! How miserable that must be on top of everything else you have right now! I bruised my tailbone when Avery was born and it still hurts 2 1/2 years later, so I feel your pain. Hope yours is better soon!

J♥M said...

I love his cake! You are amazing! I hope that you're able to get yourself taken care of. My body falls apart when I'm overloaded and stressed. I need a balancing act. I hope you get answers quick. High allergy alert is not fun at all!

Ry, Katie, Jack and Ella too! said...

Hope you get feeling better and get some answers soon! Love the roosters- Jack had to have a helmet too. It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be! Good luck and get feeling better!

the waites said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
the waites said...

sad what are you allergic to?? thats so weird to all of the sudden be? are you stressed? nursing? I hope you fell better. Your skinny self cant go too long with out food:) darling pictures kids are all smiles! Love the cake, best part about parties is ALWAYS the cake:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...