Even though you made this LAST photo shoot practically impossible, you are cute and we love you! Someone told me you had your own unique look...I think she was just trying to tell me you were handsome, adorable, and dang cute. :)
We did your birthday bash in Hooper with the Widdison Families. You LOVED your cake. You liked the frosting the best and when it was gone you had fun making a huge mess. You are the messiest eater we have had so far! You like to make a mess with all your food and you love to take the food out of your mouth, examine it, and then put it back in. You do this more than once with the SAME bite. It is quite frustrating and a little bit gross. You also love suckers, but you rub them all over yourself...holding whatever end you want!! Makes a huge sticky mess!
YUM!
YUM!
You were pretty upset that we didn't just give you the cupcakes. You kept reaching for them and your brothers and sister thought it was so funny. Ruby already dipped her finger in and was not happy that we pulled them away from her too. When we started singing, you kept looking around wondering what was going on. It was pretty funny!
(you loved your walker while it lasted--we thought Isaac's was too old for you...thought it would be fun to get rid of it and get you one with bells and whistles...turns out, it was pretty crummy and you kept falling, so we kept the old boring one...it works great though!)
Everyone had a lot of fun with Grandpa on the trampoline!!

This picture was super hard to take. Couldn't get everyone to look and couldn't get everyone to smile. Luke was mad he wasn't holding Oliver.
Not too bad, but no Ollie-bear!
Gramps and the kiddos
Doesn't Luke make a great frowny face?
Sweet Grandpa was so afraid Oliver was going to fall on the cement that he kept watch while he played.
NEW MEAL ALERT!!
Summer kills me in the kitchen department. It is hot and I am tired and don't want to cook. EVER. Not to mention that Kyle teaches until 11 pm on Monday and Tuesday so why would I cook those nights?? I really hate cooking for all these little picky kids...but when I finally make a yummy meal, I am happy, even if they aren't:) Even they complain that I make toasted cheese sandwiches too much...then I ask them to name 10 meals that they like, and they can't, so they give up. I think I might have the pickiest eaters in the world. Stinks.
So, I haven't tried a new meal in a very very long time. It was time. So I braved it and made it and loved it! The kids tasted it but just ate the quesadillas...but they loved the lemonade of course!
These were easy and delicious and made great leftovers. You can even freeze them before cooking them but I forgot.
Click on link below:Summer kills me in the kitchen department. It is hot and I am tired and don't want to cook. EVER. Not to mention that Kyle teaches until 11 pm on Monday and Tuesday so why would I cook those nights?? I really hate cooking for all these little picky kids...but when I finally make a yummy meal, I am happy, even if they aren't:) Even they complain that I make toasted cheese sandwiches too much...then I ask them to name 10 meals that they like, and they can't, so they give up. I think I might have the pickiest eaters in the world. Stinks.
So, I haven't tried a new meal in a very very long time. It was time. So I braved it and made it and loved it! The kids tasted it but just ate the quesadillas...but they loved the lemonade of course!
These were easy and delicious and made great leftovers. You can even freeze them before cooking them but I forgot.
BAKED CREAMY CHICKEN TAQUITOS
Things I did differently...
I didn't have cilantro so I didn't use it
I used a little pinch less of all the seasonings because I thought it might be too spicy.
I only did about 1/3 to 1/2 cup of the pepper jack cheese and then 1/2 cup of cheddar.
I used canned chicken because I was in a hurry and didn't plan ahead:)
I used only 1TB of green onions--could totally be omitted if you want. Great flavor I'm sure even without the onions.
I still don't know what Kosher salt is so I used the regular blue and yellow umbrella girl
I used flour tortillas because I knew that Kyle would like it better.
It turned out great so you can tweak it too or leave it alone if you want!
This recipe come from "Our Best Bites" book that I got at Costco but I think most of the recipes are online, I just think it is handy to sometimes have the book and I Love it so far!
I finally made the BRAZILIAN LEMONADE I have been dying to make. It was soooo yummy. I think it is my new favorite drink. Just bought a big bag of limes at Costco so I can make lots more!! Sooooo yummy!
Things I did differently...because I someone missed the directions!
I did ALL the limes at the same time...and I didn't just pulse 5 times...mine was totally shredded to pieces when my blender got done with it...I was worried and almost threw it out to start over but didn't...and it tasted WONDERFUL! Maybe even better than the real thing, but I wouldn't know!
If you try out these recipes, let me know how you liked them!!
And any new EASY meal ideas, let me know!





6 comments:
You make dang cute kids and thanks for the recipe.
I'm glad you liked the baked chicken taquitos. They are so easy to make in a jiffy and not spicy at all with all the seasonings. I'm happy you are taking a liking to cooking new meals. The best bites cookbook is really fun. try the breakfast taquitos too with cilantro and green onion they are really yummy. Check out my recipe blog for new meal ideas noblebites.blogspot.com
i love that blog too! I didn't love the brazillian lemonade, but i did like the taquitos. I just tried the brownies that were on recently, not my favorite. but almost everything else i have tried is really good!
melskitchencafe has some good recipes too
I hear you about summer, we have been eating out a lot!
Yeah, I realized I HATE cooking in the summer too. Really it was just this summer for some reason. We scrounged more for dinner this summer than probably the last two years combined. But last week I made grilled pizza and it was a fabulous summer meal. I need to try this recipe. I know Jen loves it too.
I am so happy to have seen your pictures and printed your recipes. I owe you one.
I love that cookbook! We really like the tomato soup recipe in the cookbook, too! So yummy!
Post a Comment