The Party Van and Us

The Party Van and Us

Sunday, July 24, 2011

More life

I can't believe it has been another week. Summer is flying by. They boys are loving swimming and Ruby and Oliver keep me company baking in the sun. We are gearing up for another two week session of swim lessons. I'm sick of being the only cousins who can't swim well (all the AZ cousins are pros from birth!)



Ruby decided (this week--we'll see about next week) that the camera isn't so bad. Here she is, striking her poses. I wanted to take some pictures of her wild curls...this is straight out of the tub...I haven't touched these curls! They are darling but obviously need a little taming:)
Celebrating the 24th of July! Our primary does a little parade down one street and then we all meet at the park for a breakfast. The boys loved decorating their "floats" Especially Luke.
Oliver watched the parade and then ate lots and lots of watermelon.
and LOVED it!

Just capturing the days when Ruby loves to work...it might not last forever.

And more importantly this week...Ollie BaBa turned one!
I gave him a new shirt, he sucked on the sticker, looked hopeful, and then was completely disapointed and confused why I didn't hand over a cake and party. Shhhh...we are throwing him a "surprise a few days after your birthday party" in Hooper with family tomorrow.
What else ya got for me ma?

This just doesn't seem right.
But we sang Happy birthday to Oliver all day and then went swimming in the legacy pool. Everyone had fun but we had fun without the camera.
The next day we filled up our old pool. Isaac said it wasn't as good as the legacy pool. Huh, imagine that! After dumping lots and lots of hot buckets of water to improve the temperature, it was a little better. It had a few holes so this was the first and last time we will use it this summer.


Don't worry Oliver, I will post a post for your big day soon:)

5 comments:

seven smiles said...

i cannot believe that baby is one! he is sure a cutie. love ruby's curls- they are adorable. (i hope you love them all your life, ruby. but if you don't, i will be here to commiserate.) ;)

Jill Hunt said...

Looks like you guys are having fun! I LOVE Ruby's curls! Hannah's hair is straight as a bored. You have such a cute family!

mad white woman said...

Those curls are amazing. Really, they are. Too bad we're not cousins, your kids would fit in with my kids on swimming. ;)

the waites said...

I love Olivers shirt, too cute! Crazy how its already been a year since Grandpas passing. I still remember chatting while you were nursing:)I love Rubys curls!! I loved your NEw york trip, very jealous. I think your Ragnar experience would be different if I was on your team:)

YOur kids are so darling, Em your such a good mom!

Sabrina O'Malley said...

I love her curls! Super cute kids, especially the birthday boy. I can't believe he is one! Happy birthday!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...