The Party Van and Us

The Party Van and Us

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Busy has begun

The beginning of busy has begun. You know when everything seems to start up at the exact same time? Including trips to the dentist! The boys have now been in school for a few weeks and so I guess it was time to start up everything else!

Ruby started dance class and LOVES it. She didn't really need anything to start up since she is only two and she is the youngest in the class but I love that it is affordable and seconds from my house. Someone in my ward has a dance studio in her basement and it is right around the corner. Ruby has the cutest tap shoes and ballet shoes, I love seeing her dance around in them. She is in heaven. She also convinced me to start a playgroup coop for her. She is s little young for preschool so we just do it once a week with 5 other moms and keep it really low key with lots of free play time. Ruby is thrilled that even though she isn't 3 (which is when I told her she could go to school) that she gets a school all to herself.

Ruby and Isabel

Ruby playing with her friend Libby...they were getting ready to watch a show together.

Isaac started flag football and is in love. I knew because of his size, football might be his sport, but I was hoping not...because eventually, the flag turns into tackle and I get to watch him get hurt over and over again. Maybe he will get tired of it before that happens but he just loves it so much I don't know if that will happen. He told me he likes football first, then basketball, then soccer, and that he doesn't really like t-ball. So far he has surprised me and doesn't quit when the coach has him run laps and he can throw and catch the ball and is getting better each time he practices. Pictures will come soon!!

Luke had purple day at school and wore a tie. He was pretty proud. Too bad I didn't take a picture of white day--he wore white karate pants and a completely white t-shirt. He was beaming with joy when he walked to school while I cowered in the corner...who would let their child wear that to school?? Luke also started a musical theater group with Isaac called UP with Kids. I don't think it will even come close to the one I did in Gilbert, AZ growing up, but I was jealous of all my nephews and nieces having so much fun and I just have to go out and say this--I don't want my boys doing "theater" stuff when they are older so they better get it all out now.



Oliver loves to walk. JUST walk. That is all he wants to do and he is pretty unhappy if he doesn't get his way. He also decided he might as well start growing in his molars because everyone else was starting something new. So, I get to hold him ALL day long:) He also loves to climb and get stuck in everything. The other day I pulled him out of a basket. I couldn't find him anywhere and just heard grunting...he was completely stuck with his head in a corner and his feet in the other corner.



Kyle decided (with a little persuasion) that he should paint our door. It was in pretty bad shape and had water damage and needed a new door handle since the other owners stole the pretty one. I haven't taken an after shot yet, but I thought Ruby was pretty cute hanging outside with her dad so here are the before shots. Kyle also started teaching two new classes on Monday night and Saturday afternoon. We are so thankful for this extra job because it allows us to do all these fun outdoor projects to our house and yard.

And I decided we needed more costumes for our dress up so I spent a small fortune at the 2nd hand store. My kids have been dressing up for days now. They have already decided what they are going to be for Halloween. I also started a Music Time for Moms and tots class with my neighbor that we do every Friday morning. We have only done it once so far, but Ruby loved it and the other kids seems to like it too...if you were evaluating it on noise alone, it was probably the best music class on earth. I had fun buying a ton of little musical instruments...decided I NEEDED them for this class and because they were 40 percent off, it was okay. Kyle seemed to take it well.
Oliver actually slept during the music class but is hoping to join us next time.
Some blackmail pictures...

Luke loves to mix and match but his favorite costume is spiderman. Isaac loves his Indiana Jones one...it came with a whip.
If you are jealous, you are welcome to come over and play dress up with us.

8 comments:

Anne said...

Your house is full of fun. Looks like the craziness has begun for sure. Eliza was so excited to see pictures of Ruby on the computer.

Em Russ said...

I am exhausted just reading about all the stuff you are doing! Play group, music class, theater, supports, yard work... And how is your wrist? For Halloween think you should be supermom...ooh wait, you are! Awesome. You are awesome!

mad white woman said...

Dress up is the best thing ever. Clara wears her's pretty much daily, but it's 99% princess. Well, today she was a pirate, all that took was a belt from my BIL and her "sword" (the nail file on nail clippers).

Em Russ said...

ps I meant sports, not supports, though I am sure you are doing lots of supporting too

Erin said...

Hey you! I am home and doing well...can I join your music group Hayden would love that- I have NO musical skills so I can't help there but I can bring treats or help you any other way. I don't have your number just call when you have a sec 801-791-5001

Lark said...

You are busy! Wow...sounds fun and it looks like the kids are happy.
Luke cracks me up and I can totally see you cowering in the corner for the white outfit day...I was laughing so hard when I read that.

Beka said...

wow you ARE super busy with all 4 kids & lots of activities:)!!! they are lucky to have a great mom:)

The Fillmore Family said...

Wow! You are busy. I loved the mix and match costume. That was a hoot! I am really proud of you doing all your neighborhood stuff. Love, Mom
No wonder all your babysitting kids loved you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...