The Party Van and Us

The Party Van and Us

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Seriously?

"Seriously?"  I say it all the time to my kids--mostly when they do something ridiculously stupid--to stop me from saying something worse!  But Oliver says "seriously" too--I wasn't quite sure, but after a few more times, we now know that he pronounces ICECREM--"Seriously".  It was seriously hilarious, given how his mommy uses it way too much. The kids thought it was a hoot.   Unfortunately, it didn't last very long, and now whatever he is saying, sounds closer to "ice-cream"

But SERIOUSLY!  For the past couple of months (got even worse with the start of our garden 3 weeks ago), I have been drowning!  I will admit, I really do pride myself on having a mostly clean house, about half of the time, with mostly clean children, about half of the time.  But SERIOUSLY!  Where has that person gone?  I feel like one of those persons with a dozen kids who has given up on housework because there is absolutely NO time to even think about it!  My house is such a mess!  Yes, I have spent most of my time at the school for the end of the year festivities, or outside trying to get our very first garden going, or yes, playing with my kids (yes all very important) but I hate this feeling of drowning!  I am so exhausted after running around all day long that I can't even START to clean this mess.  I don't know where to start--dishes? laundry? odds and ends are EVERYWHERE!  I can't start anywhere because I am so exhausted.  I don't think I have ever been THIS exhausted...and I'm NOT pregnant!! I turn 30 at the end of June--maybe it is the aging...hahaha

And well, those mostly clean kids, mostly look like they have been living in a trailer park...where is their mother? And who taught them that they can drop whatever they are currently holding in their hands on the floor and walk away?  SERIOUSLY!!

Okay, just venting....I'm sure that when school is over, and the hustle and the bustle has stopped a bit, I will be able to get back to a mostly clean house--right now I'd be happy with a half-way clean house though.   Can't wait for all the planning, planting, weeding, tilling, watering set ups to this garden to be done too!!  Oh, and maybe having Kyle around more will be good too---he has been working 3 nights a week on top of his full time job for WAY too long.  Just a few more weeks to go and we will NEVER choose this schedule again!  The kids and I miss him so much.  Ruby is saying things like "Daddy, I really don't like you to be gone forever!"  ....with tears in her eyes.

Now, instead of cleaning, I will reminisce over happier, cleaner times:)-and BLOG some pictures!

* Disclaimer--I am not a clean/germ freak--my kids eat food off the floor probably a little too much...but having a dirty house has always made me feel a little disappointed in myself but mostly frantic and it is NOT relaxing to me.  My husband is helping me to realize this might be problem for me--he says, having a big family means a dirty house and that I should just get over it:)  But, I'm not there YET!

My "missing the beach"(and relaxation that comes with it) pictures...

Parrot at the Park

Friends visiting us at the beach

Boogie Boarding Babes?

Silly boys
and Happy boys!


Sand Monsters

Look mom! I'm surfing!

Daddy and his beach (cry?) babies


Easter Eggs are best at the Beach...just like everything else in life!



Kyle agrees--working at the beach is best.


Oliver found a SEA HORSE on the beach!!
(a plastic horse)

Hard at work...

and hard at PLAY!

The best dads play in the sand and...

build railroad tracks too!

Explorer #1
Explorer #2

Oliver's girlfriend 
He's happy that she is happy!

Shark!!





Where we do family best:) at the beach!!

Donuts anyone?

Luke's sun bath

Our favorite park


14 comments:

mad white woman said...

I was definitely going to ask if you're pregnant. Ha ha. :) I've felt like I've been drowning for the last 3 months. Just when there was a glimmer of hope, it started all over again. But last week, I couldn't handle it anymore so I decided every day I'd deep clean one room and try to keep it clean. It lasted one day. :)

Jessica said...

i feel like i'm drowning, too! hahaha. especially now that summer is here and i get no break at all during the day and the kids make even more messes and NO ONE ever really does their chores completely (much less at all). i say seriously all the time too and so do my kids -- grace says its one of her favorite words. ????

here's to survival!

Beka said...

love the pics

and i totally get it....hate it when my house is a disaster, makes me feel totally unorganized and a little crazy.

at least you have the beach and cute kids right:)?

Anne said...

Love the beach pictures. Pretty soon you can train those cute kids to clean more and more. Your house will still get messy but sometimes they can help clean it up.

seven smiles said...

ahhh. can relate.

hugs to you.

j

Erin said...

seriously hang in there loved the pictures

The Kelly Family said...

Yep. I feel like I'm drowning ALL. THE. TIME. I've had to relax and lighten up A LOT. Because when I go to bed at night, I feel guilty that I didn't spend more time reading books to the kids or playing with them, or just talking to them because I'm so busy. But I never feel guilty (just irritated) when I don't finish the dishes or folding the laundry becuase they aren't as important. RELAX. Seriously, I mean it! Seriously :) I agree with Kyle. I'd rather have the big mess that comes with the big family, than no mess at all. And I know too, that just as quickly as they entered our family, they will leave and move out and I'll be left with a quiet, clean, and LONELY house. But I can relate to that drowning feeling :) And I'm noticing as the kids get older and busier, that feeling only gets worse. Hang in there!!

Unknown said...

Maybe it's 4 kids...I'm drowning at my house too. But unlike you, I'm hoping 2 kids starting school this fall will calm the madness.

Maybe you do this already, but to battle the yard projects, Jake and I have been getting up about 6:00 am and working in the yard for at least an hour every morning (including Saturdays). It's a slow process but some time out there is better than none. Yards!! They are SO much work.

Becky J. said...

It's so good to know you have a flaw! Haha, but seriously, I basically drown until someone is coming to visit and then I am a crazy woman flying around cleaning everything to perfection and making Joseph and the kids clean too and it stays that way for a half hour while our guests are here and then we go back to stepping over piles of stuff that "I'm going to get to the next time I walk by here" and such. It's so hard, and we only have 3! What will 5 be like? I shudder to think. Glad to know it's normal.

Liesl Shurtliff said...

Well at least Kyle is relaxed! It only makes it worse when your husband is super uptight about a clean house. And you make super adorable kids, so you got that going for you!

Monique said...

I'm glad you still keep up this blog. Helps me to get caught up, you know?

As for the clean house thing, I don;t think it's a crazy pursuit. I'm the same way, if my house is a mess, I feel chaos in my soul.

Right now, as you might know, all the room purposes in our home are shifting. Which means at any given time our bedroom has to absorb all the stuff in transition. It's hard to sleep! I have had to learn to ignore the bad stuff and focus on the good. Keep stuff together when everything else around me falls apart. I just tell myself there's a season in life for everything. . .

And you season is good, very good, with a great family.

The Fillmore Family said...

Nice beach pictures. We don't take many anymore since everyone seems to have it covered. See you soon at the reunion. Dad

Marjean said...

Let me give you an old lady's perspective. You will have about 30 years of a clean house...later! Do the dishes, a clean kitchen makes me happy. The kids can help clean up the clutter a little. But please don't stress! Go outside, play in the garden with the kids. Your kids will remember that a lot more. If the house is semi-clean they will remember that the house was always clean and that their mother always had time to play with them and they will think that you are a super wonderful mom. Now go PLAY with your kids. Your are wonderful!!!

J♥M said...

I totally get what you're saying!!! Just keep going! That's what I tell myself. I can only do what I can do. Same with you!!! I can't believe how fast your kids are growing!!! Happy Summer!!! Take a little time out and do something for yourself!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...