The Party Van and Us

The Party Van and Us

Friday, June 15, 2012

Our Monkey Man


Oliver is our little monkey man.  He is cute and funny and we love him to pieces!  He isn't quite 2 yet, but he takes the terrible twos very seriously.


I just finished writing a post all about you, but it got erased and so I will have to do it all over!  Oliver you really are hilarious and super cute!  You love all things ball, love turkey, love yogurt, love going to the park, love to dance and sing and jumping off of anything and everything!  You also love bugs and find them all the time.  You love to pull Ruby's hair and you scream all the time at the top of your lungs which we do not like!  You yell "I wanna THAT!" and usually we have no idea what "that" is and it is as you point and yell at the top of your lungs!  You love to read book and bring me books all throughout the day and I usually stop to read them to you because it is just so nice to cuddle up to my baby.  Your brothers never cuddled so I'm surprised I have a boy who does!  You also love to give kisses....you love to give kisses to your family and to your friends....and to your brothers friends...and to your sisters friends...and to your mommy's friends...and sometimes to complete strangers!  Whenever you hear someone leaving our house you yell "kisses!" and come running from wherever you may be.    It is sweet, cute, and sometimes just weird!  "No Oliver, you do not need to kiss the UPS man good bye!"  Your absolutely favorite are babies....and although we have NO new baby to announce, we know that someday you will be a great big brother! You try and repeat everything we say but our favorite thing you do is repeat your verse of scripture in the morning.  It is hilarious to hear you try to say words like "destruction" and "abominable".   












Our city just finished their summer celebrations called "Saratoga Splash".  I ran the talent show and my neighbor ran the fun and low key baby contest.  Being the good neighbor that I am, I decided to support her and enter Oliver in the contest.  AND--He won the over all baby contest best themed baby.  I would say that it is the best and biggest award in all the competition but I'm just a humble pageant mom and we just did it for fun.We didn't know any of the judges so I won it, I mean Oliver won it based on his 100% authentic cuteness and the suspenders didn't hurt.   He was a cute little newsie and yes, I did buy this picture--it just hasn't come yet---please don't try to duplicate this picture okay? hahahaha....ya right.  The theme was "Remember When" so he carried a newspaper and yelled "paper, paper!"   He was, of course, adorable!:)
* Adding this a few weeks later...You also love to pretend to be a puppy...it really is quite cute!  You ask me to sing to you at bed time "a song!" you say....and continue to say even after I have sung you a few songs.  You are super scared of loud noises....and come running and crying to me when ever the construction starts up in the basement.  You are also deathly afraid of sprinklers even though you love water.

5 comments:

Erin said...

I love the cute things you put him in. I have been meaning to txt we need to do some kind of fun summer play date

Poppy said...

Cutie pie! No wonder he won. And btw, I think you meant that you have NO new babies to announce! I got a little excited for a moment! See you guys soon!

Emily Widdison said...

ya, i just saw that typo a few minutes ago...hahaha! I wrote it correctly the first time I wrote it...then it got erased and I rushed the second post...I think I rushed it a little too much!

Sabrina O'Malley said...

What, your baby is 2 or almost!!! How did that happen? And no wonder he won, super cute boy!

I also loved reading your last post. I am sorry you have been so busy, hopefully it has lightened up. But at the same time it really gave me hope. I have often thought, you and others I know keep it clean, fun, and all together, so what is my problem? If made me feel more normal that you have days of mess too. You are such a wonderful mom. Even if you don't have a perfectly clean house all the time you are doing the most important stuff. I have to remind myself that often.

Karena said...

I am so excited that we're moving out there. We've been wanting to see you every time we came out, but were always smothered by family. Yeah!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...