Ruby was playing at the park during Luke's soccer game and when Kyle called her to come, she jumped off the playground but didn't release the pole she was holding so she swung back into it and busted her chin. I had JUST barely left to drive Isaac to his soccer game at a park a block away. Kyle called me and simply said, "Ruby needs stitches" So I dropped Isaac off and raced back. She was holding a diaper (clean) to her chin to stop the blood when I got there. I sent Kyle on his way to the other soccer game with Luke while Oliver and Ruby and I made our way to the clinic for stitches. She was sooo brave. They wrapped her but, but she didn't need it. The best part---Oliver decided to stink his diaper up (my only one) as soon as we got there, Ruby happily game me the only one we had not dried with blood. Sorry Oliver. You only had to wear it for an hour:)
Ruby has been our bravest child so far. She cried a little bit, but that was all! Super brave girl.
One of my many dresses that I wore as a little girl. This was my Easter dress one year and I had little white gloves that I thought were the coolest. Ruby wore this for a few hours and she thought it was the coolest.:)
Ruby's first day of preschool. I am trying to show her these pictures of her new smile in hopes that she will see how weird it looks and stop doing it someday...but for now, I'm happy to document it because it is so funny to me.
She was so very very excited!!
Before it got too cold we decided to take a Sunday drive up the Alpine Loops to see all the pretty leaves. It was beautiful and we had a fun time.
Luke was the most excited about the leaves. He has since made a nice collage with the leaves and pressed them between some contact paper.
My favorite picture:) Isaac and Luke made it over just fine...but these two struggled and pleaded for some help:)
Eventually, after a few more pictures like this, I helped Oliver over the log:)
The reeds we found were very popular:)
Oliver's leash
If we ever move from Utah, this is what I will miss!
FROM OUR GARDEN!
Ruby has had two weeks of colors and today was purple day.
STUDENT OF THE MONTH!!
Luke was super excited and I was super proud but not surprised. Luke LOVES being the best behaved in his classes. He loves being the good one:) Sometimes he likes to point it out while others in our family are having tantrums or being naughty that HE is being GOOD...we are working on that!
I was shocked when Luke told me I could pull out his tooth. I was surprised at how fun it was too! We have tried the pull out it's neighbor (two times) unsuccessfully...I just give it a little tug...and it hasn't worked as well.
The same day that Luke got student of the Month his werewolf costume came in the mail. He said "This is the best day of my life. And this werewolf mask is like a prize for being the student of the month because it came the same day. This is the BEST day ever!"
A new little boy moved in around the corner and they have really hit it off. They dress up and scare the neighborhood daily. This is not Luke's Halloween costume....he already chose batman and then saw this mask and begged to have it. He bought it with his own money and will use it next year. He is a little obsessed with it. I told him I wasn't ready for him to be scary yet...so he is patiently waiting for next year.


















4 comments:
Rubys smile is pretty darn cute...trust me it could be so much worse. Loved the fun family outing pictures.
so many cute things to comment on, but all I can think about is how I TOTALLY forgot about those little reed whistles... Oh, I used to love those!!
And I think Isaac looks like Kyle as a kid...
ah, poor ruby!
as usual, i love all the pictures. so great.
xo
that does sound like the best day ever. loved the fall pictures!
Post a Comment