The Party Van and Us

The Party Van and Us

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Random-- plus fall break and Cougar Run!

a LOT of this is out of order.  This all happened before Cornbellys,
but I need to get it in here sometime!

RANDOM 
Guess who started violin lessons?  ME!  And so far I really love it.  I have only taken for a couple of months, but it has been fun.  I go every other week.  I want Ruby to start taking in a year so I thought it would be good to know a little bit so I can help her and also holding a spot for her.  Hard to get violin lessons!  I borrowed this violin but I've decided that Santa needs to bring me one this year for Christmas.

Its raining, its pouring and Oliver is running!


bubble bath time!

I had to take a picture of Ruby's favorite shoes before I put them away because they are too small. Thanks Aunt Annie!  Sorry, they are coming back a bit worn.


My favorite thing in the garden are the raspberries.  They are long gone now, but they will be back next year!

Ruby looked so cute for pink day...but right before I took this picture she fell down and had a hard time recovering for a picture.  Oh well, she is still cute!;)

our Park City fall break
We promised to take the kids to Park City next year, but were too excited so we took them for fall break.  We all had a great time.  Lots of cartoons in bed:)  And they knew they were on vacation because their parents are so strict with tv time!


there was lots of tub time too!


Kids thought it was pretty sweet to ride on a bus



Sights down main street










It just happened to be free day at the Park City Museum.  Bonus for us!

Ruby seems to think the jail is a good fit for her

Hitting the slides! 










We stayed at a really really nice hotel.
It also had a nice toilet:)

Little story behind this pool--
We had no idea that our hotel that we got for fairly cheap was renovating their pool--so when we got there and found it void of water, we were all very disappointed.  We talked to the front desk and explained our problem--we all had suits and were ready to swim all weekend, and she hooked us up at one of their sister hotels.  I think the units are all individually owned and we got a SWEET one.  Made me want to be rich:)



It took some good bye pictures of our place...that usually rents for 400 a night!!
Its all about the location too.  This room over looks the iceskating rink and has a great view of the Mountains.


On our way out of town we visited Rocky Mountain Chocolate factory.  Great times!



The next morning we were in Provo for our family tradition of the cougar run!  This is the boys 3rd year and Ruby's 2nd year and My 3rd year (the ONLY race I run all year!).
Ruby took off so fast that I couldn't catch up to her for a minute (there were lots of toddlers I didn't want to trample).  The parents are allowed to run with their kids...but she didn't need me!  She did awesome!

Ruby with her friends before the race
She was so stinkin proud of herself and Oliver was jealous.  We should have signed in him up too.  Next year Oliver!
Ruby's name is number 9 on the screen for her age category.  
Isaac and Luke have been training for a few months for this race.  3 times a week (two before school, one on Saturday) The boys rand around the block and kept track of their times.  They both beat their fastest time but a lot!  We were so proud of them!
Isaac looking a little tired after his 800m run.
Results for Isaac's Race (there were 41 runners)
18thplace.
Isaac Widdison8Saratoga SpringsUT18.Men 7-903:42.5

Results for Luke's Race
(silly little boy waited for me when he was done so at first he thought he got like 20th place because he let everyone pass him after the race to get in line for the results--when I told him he wasn't supposed to wait for me, he burst into tears (so no pictures of that!)--even though I told him he did a great job!...he was happy to see the real results later)  There were 31 runners
Boy's 400m (ages 5-6)
10thplace.
Luke Widdison6Saratoga SpringsUT10.Men 5-601:57.5



Pre race pictures with the awesome lady runners:)
After the race with my running pal Liz.  She helped me keep going!!
My results
(there were 200 women racing--I got 4th in my "age" group:)  
So I missed a medal by ONE place!  I wasn't expecting to get near it, so I was just shocked that I even got close to a medal.  Sweet.  Maybe next year?  Since I have a place to put all my medals (ha!) and I already threw away the one from Ragnar.  hahaha:)

Women's 5K
47thplace.
Emily Widdison30Saratoga SpringsUT4.Women 30-3425:30.4
On the drive home from the races.....


2 comments:

Erin said...

I love the picture of Oliver in the rain-looks like it was a fun Park City trip and its always a pleasure to run with you

The Fillmore Family said...

Loved your blogs and catching up! Congratulations to all the runners! Love mom

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...