Picture before the clean up...
After the clean up...much better!
This is a picture of our sad sad peach tree. We weren't here in the summer to take care of it (although we really have no idea how to take care of a peach tree). I think there was too much fruit on it because normally there are kids playing on it and pulling fruit off of it and this year nobody did that! My neighbor even tried trimming it up a bit before we went out of town but it didn't really help. It is such a droopy tree but the fruit tastes great! We have to pick them right before they get ripe because the birds are crazy and eat everything that is ripe.
We also got to hang out with our good friend the Tingeys. Kyle and Tyler went golfing and had a good time although we heard them talking in the kitchen about how much it takes out of them...I think they think they get to come home and relax...nope! Natalie and I had plenty for them to do when they got back. We love spending time with them. Their kids, Kade, Jordan, and Lauryn are just too cute! I'd have to say if Luke had a twin I would name her Lauryn...so cute Luke and Lauryn, don't you think?
The real reason we just love the Tingeys is that they gave us a BBQ!! They got a new one so they passed along their old one. Here is the funny part...the first BBQ that Kyle and I ever BBQ'd on was this one because our first year of marriage we spent as the Tingey's neighbors and they let us BBQ on it. I think the BBQ would only be happy with the Tingeys or us so it is a good thing they didn't just throw it away or give it to someone else! That same day we sanded off the boards (it was hard work!) and we cleaned it up and made burgers...yum! Thanks Tingeys, we love you!
Kyle wanted to say HI!!
After all of this work we are tired but we had fun doing it...at least I did! While I was sanding the BBQ getting slivers and sawdust in my eyes I really was overwhelmed with graditude that I have a husband that always works with me no matter what it is. I think that has been one of my most favorite parts about having a backyard, working with Kyle and the boys has been so much fun!! I can't wait until we actually OWN the backyard, I think the work will feel even better!
I have a ton I want to do...read some good vampire books that more than one person has recommended to me, can some peaches, and learn to quilt! I have a friend who is going to teach me...here are a couple of her quilts that I absolutely LOVE!!
This quilt is way better in person...she copied it from a Pottery Barn quilt she saw in a magazine. I am so excited to make these matching quilts for our bunk beds that we will have in our new house...we don't have bunk beds yet and we don't have a house...but won't it be cute!:)
This is a really cute one she did for her daughter's first year birthday--she embroidered all the cute things that reminded her of her daughter Lily. So cute!
This is my favorite quilt (with a matching pillow case!)...I especially love the cute paisley material that covers the entire back of this quilt. So, one day, hopefully starting next week, I can practice on a smaller quilt and one day make some cute big ones. Thats the plan.


13 comments:
You guys did way too much...you should've waited until we got home to help you. You are officially off duty for the rest of the season for yard work! That poor tree! I guess I should've trimmed more! Can't wait to see you tomorrow.
i love the picture with the peaches... it reminds me of when i was a kiddo and we would pick all the oranges off our trees and put them in a plastic pool full of water to rinse them off and we'd get in with them. good memories!
Nice work on the yard. And good job planning some projects. I have several that I would like to do and was starting on them, then I got pregnant and lost all motivation and so I just read vampire books instead. Good luck with the projects...sounds fun!
Yeah Em, glad to see your back to posting now that you are home. Well, we very much enjoyed your company on Saturday, and we were glad that our old BBQ could go to someone it knew well that had used it before and that it that we know it will be in good hands, pretty impressed at how well that thing cleaned up, glad you took that time to give it some TLC, it probably likes you better as its owner now! Good job on the hard work in the yard, you were able to keep Kyle awake? That golfing just tires them right out huh! Well, I have the good old vampire book for you to borrow if you want, so I will have to bring it up to you! I'll talk to you soon.
Wow, I DO own a house now, and still don't like working in the yard. Your more than welcome to come by and help if your ever in Houston! Enjoy your last year, it goes by SOOOO fast. And I also loved the Vampire books. Although I'm putting off reading the third one until I finish my lastest wedding cake Sat. Say hi to Provo and the MBASA for me!
Cute pages and lots of hard work. When are you going to copy this stuff and put it on the family blog. Love, Mom
I can't get over how cute your boys are!!! ps...you yard looks great and I've gotta tell ya, I am super jealous of your peach tree!
Wow! Talk about peaches! I've been in Boston too long because your backyard looks HUGE!! I love that you post all the time and thought I should confess that I check up on you all the time. I wish we were neighbors and I could join you in the quilting! You're so ambitious. I can't wait to see your projects. Thanks for the fun posting, keep it up because we'll keep checking! (And tell Kyle hello!) ~Em Russ
emily fillmore! It was good to see your blog but the best part is that we live by each other if you are in provo land my husband is trying to get into to byu right now so we moved here recently as well. write back! tiffany "sandberg" knox
We're excited you guys are home (and wow you guys did good work back there!).
I know I dont have family pics stored on this computer so I have to scan some in I just started that blog page two days ago still figuring it out. why dont you come over sunday bring your kids they'll have fun with mine for sure.
Your a busy body that is for sure! Looks nice!
Post a Comment