The Party Van and Us

The Party Van and Us

Thursday, January 31, 2008

We're BACK!

We had a wonderful time with my sister and her family. All of my sisters are such awesome women and mothers. I loved watching my sister with her kids (ranging from 16-6 yrs.). She is amazing with them but I don't think she knows how amazing she is. I loved the relationship she had with each one of her children. I have learned so much from my sisters and my own mother on how to be a great mom...I hope I can follow in their footsteps! A shout out to all the hard working moms out there...it is tough work-- but well worth it!
I have tons more pictures but I will have to make a slide show of them later...but here are a few for now.



I've seen a few blogs where people have chosen a word for their new years resolution...I have chosen a few words I would like to focus on this year.
Thankful ...because I am so thankful for my life, incredibly thankful--and strange as it may seem, I am especially thankful for trials. Whenever something bad happens in my life, although not immediately, eventually I think about what lessons I can learn...and then I always have a overwhelming sense of graditude for my Heavenly Father for loving me so much that he would give me trials to make me grow! Seriously, just think about it-- If he didn't love us, he would never allow us to grow. Of course I'm not just thankful for trials, I sure do love those blessings too!! Simplify...because I am trying to enjoy the simple things in life a little bit more. Those are always the things that make me most happy. Husband...because I always feel like he is doing more for me than I do for him...I really feel like I have the best husband in the whole wide world (I hope you all feel the same way about your husbands!) and I want to make sure he knows this every single day...at least for the next year:)


7 comments:

Sidney said...

Oh I'm so glad you got to visit with Jenny. I know it's hard for her to live so far away. Sounds like you're headed for a Happy New year with some great goals. tell Jenny to get with the blogging program.

Em Russ said...

cute pictures! I love the last two especially. I also loved your resolutions, what a great reminder!

Vagabond Mother said...

Beautiful pictures, Emily. Do you and Kyle play "Settlers of Catan?" We bought it on the side of the road last week. We need to have a game night! I hope you are feeling well.

JLynn said...

happy 4th birthday, isaac!!!! we hope you had so much fun and that you got LOTS OF PRESENTS on your birthday!!! ;)

LANGFORDS said...

EMILY, I FINALLY FOUND YOU! YOUR FAMILY IS BEAUTIFUL! YOUR BOYS ARE SO CUTE. HOW HAVE YOU BEEN?

Nat said...

Looks like you had a fun time away. I liked your little resolutions too. Just so you know you are always such an awesome example to me! I look up to you a lot. Thanks for being such a great friend.

Becky J. said...

Those are great words for this year. Looks like you had a great time on vacation! But we're glad you're back now. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...