The Party Van and Us

The Party Van and Us

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Park City at last


Kyle and I had a great time in Park City. We were lazy, went out to eat, walked along main street, ate delicious caramel apples, shopped for new stuff for our house, bought the kids a few things to show them that they were missed (kinda;), went to the Olympic Park Museum and rode the zip line, were lazy again, watched a good movie and a stupid movie. Throughout the whole trip we were amazed at how good it felt to not be in a hurry anywhere! A big Thanks to the Tingeys for watching the boys! We heard that they started calling us their "other mom and dad"...so I guess we weren't missed at all! It was a nice break before our big move and we can't wait to go back! I'll have to do another post soon of our new house, but I am waiting until our new couches get here!
PARK CITY PICTURES

Posing by the tree of shoes.

Isaac wondered why we were going on a vacation to "relax" he asked us if we were going to go on vacation to find a bench to relax on. So, Isaac, here is the bench we found--with a bear! When we got home, Isaac asked if next time we could ALL go on vacation to find a bench and relax.

Kyle found his true love.

The Official Olympic Park pose.

Bobsledding anyone?

Picture of the bobsled slide.

Kyle on his way up--fearless!

Can you find Kyle? This swing was awesome...up to 55 mph.

I wasn't so fearless. This picture was taken after the guys who buckled me in told the people at the bottom of the slide with their walkie talkies that the breaks weren't working very well, but that they would send me down anyways. Good thing I know how to detect sarcasm.

It was nice to come home. We immediately read one of the boys' gifts, "I love you Stinky Face" They loved it. I loved it too! We bought them matching shirts and shorts too and gave them to them first...they were almost in tears because when we say we have a "surprise" for them it does not mean clothes!

16 comments:

seven smiles said...

Great Park City shots.
The kids' tears at the end reminds me of when Jameson was 3. For Christmas I had made him a brand new quilt. (This is huge for me, because as you know, I do not sew.) I carefully chose fabrics and hand quilted {and I don't mean "tied" with yarn...} this great quilt. I was so excited to give him his "special" Christmas gift, because I knew how much love and work I had put into it. And when I gave it to him, he promptly burst into tears.

And they were not tears of joy....
{oh well...}

JLynn said...

what a FUN trip!!! wow, you guys are brave. There is NO WAY I could have done that swing/zip-line thing!!! No way, I would have died for sure! congrats on your new home again! :) i love hearing all the clever things your boys have to say!

Sabrina O'Malley said...

It looks like you had so much fun. Did you let Kyle kiss you after he kiss the moose? I miss you and your family. I hope the move went well and good luck with the unpacking.

-Sabrina

Maquel said...

It was fun to hear from you, Emily. Looks like you had fun in Park City. I like the pictures of your house, too. That's always exciting to move to a new place.

The Fillmore Family said...

Cute pictures. It was fun reading about your trip. This is a super busy week so I still haven't posted the tree house updates yet. Love, Mom

Karena said...

Most vacations are rush, rush, rush, so I'm glad you had time to have fun and enough time to RELAX!

Taryn and Sterling said...

I will add you to my blog list. Your boys are so cute. It was good to hear from you.

Vagabond Mother said...

That looks like SO MUCH fun. Andrew and I need to get away when we get time/money. Love being parents. . . but a break would be incredible!! You two are smart to take the time for yourself. I would LOVE to come over. Would you like to do a Sunday dinner together or something? Even this Sunday?

Kyle said...

It was great to find such a comfortable bench to relax on. And you forgot to mention that the hotel room had two tv's so you could watch chick flicks while I watched the playoffs!

Vagabond Mother said...

4 or 5 works great (Raymond takes LONG naps) and we are out of church by noon. Let me know what to bring, I'll call you!

the waites said...

I love PArk City! Im so jealous of your getaway..We are in need of one. I love that last picture of you reading to the boys. You are such amn amazing mom-Seriously.

JLynn said...

I've been thinking about when you guys lived here last summer. I wish we could live close to each other EVERY summer! miss you. :)

Nat said...

Glad to see the photos of you guys having so much fun while we were home entertaining not three but FIVE children, way to rub it in!! JUST KIDDING!! I am so glad you guys were able to have a great time and RELAX you deserve it! The kids were great and have a wonderful time, and yes they occasionally called us mom or dad!! :) But I'm sure that doesn't mean they didn't miss you. I can't wait till your couches come so we can come over and see you and the new place!Let me know.

Lark said...

Glad you got some time away. You both look so relaxed and happy! Can't wait to visit and see you in your new house.

Becky J. said...

I'm so glad you ended up having such a great time! I bet that was very much needed after this year of hard work!

Hope you're settling into your new place well! We miss you guys and can't wait to see pics of where you're living now!

Jill Hunt said...

I'm glad you guys had a great time there. I need a vacation like that! We sure miss you guys here. It just isn't the same in the neighborhood without your family here. Let us know when we can come visit you guys!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...