Ruby is now 10 months old!
She has 3 teeth (and another well on it's way)
Loves to sit at the bottom of the stairs and call for Daddy.
Loves to be outside.
Loves to go on rides in her car (if you stop pushing her she cries immediately)
Loves her new trick of standing up at furniture.
Loves being left in on family activities (as opposed to left out--which is how Isaac explains it)
Loves to snuggle and kiss her babies and stuffed animals.
Loves to sit at the bottom of the stairs and call for Daddy.
Loves to be outside.
Loves to go on rides in her car (if you stop pushing her she cries immediately)
Loves her new trick of standing up at furniture.
Loves being left in on family activities (as opposed to left out--which is how Isaac explains it)
Loves to snuggle and kiss her babies and stuffed animals.
Unfortunately, Ruby has been very sick (which is why I put off taking her 10 mo. picture for so long...but just ended up doing it the other day). She is absolutely miserable. She was tested for the flu but it came back negative. Just a nasty mean old cold. She can't breath through her nose and therefore, cannot suck on her beloved fingers...this makes her frustrated. She usually sleeps with her hand/fingers resting on her mouth...I guess it is the closest to the real thing she can get right now. She has been crying an awful lot this past week and it breaks our hearts.
Thanksgiving Traditions!!
This is our second year doing our Thanksgiving tree. We have lots of pictures of things we are thankful for but we also have blank leaves that we can write on and add each day to our tree. I laminated all the leaves (we write on them with a dry erase marker) and we just gather sticks up from our backyard to make the tree each year. The kids love it and I love having a type of Thanksgiving decoration!
We started a new tradition this year too...our Thankful Turkeys. I made these last year for our Thanksgiving dinner (a tradition that my grandma started--put by our plates full of nuts and treats). I decided to use these cups all month long so that we can write little notes to each other about what we are thankful for about each person...sometimes with a treat and sometimes not. So far, it has been great.


8 comments:
Well we don't have any. :) We tell Cache Thanksgiving is "Thanks a Bunch Day!". I think Curt got it from an episode of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. ;) We put up our Christmas Tree and Stockings yesterday. With all the snow it feels like Christmas and yes, Cache is waiting for Santa to come. I wish we had family to spend the holidays with every year, but we don't. Curt's family never visits us on Thanksgiving or Christmas, and you definitely know my side of the story! I definitely need to be more grateful though. Thanks for the reminder.
Hey, what are you doing anything on this Friday, Saturday, or Monday mornings? We're coming and want to make a real effort to see you (unlike some people!) Let me know what would work best. You have my email and number.
What awesome ideas! Most my Thanksgiving tradition revolve around the actual day- I think we'll have to try these. Sounds like good FHE's to me.
Poor Ruby- let me know if you need anything! I love the thanksgiving tree idea...yep we are getting one!
I love your traditions and I love your chubby cheek Ruby girl.
I've been looking for Thanksgiving traditions to do - thanks for your post. I love them all - particularly I think the kids would enjoy the Thanksgiving Tree, maybe because it involves sticks...even if it is just them picking them up to make the tree, they LOVE their sticks!
Your Ruby is such a CUTIE! I want to kiss those cheeks through the pictures...she is absolutely adorable, and where did 10 months go?!
So sorry to hear Ruby is sick. Colds are so hard on babies. We are just getting over a long one here. Yuck!
Thanks for sharing your ideas. I think I need to try the tree one this week. We need a few more reminders to keep us on the right track before jumping into the Christmas season.
Cedric might go for the sticks. I had forgotten about your Thanksgiving tree. I am so glad to have such a crafty sis-in-law. Oh & your turkey day name cards are so fun!
Thanks for including us last year (especially with that needy baby and extra grandma present)! We miss you so much.
Post a Comment