The Party Van and Us

The Party Van and Us

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Where to begin, where to begin...

One of Isaac and Luke's favorite books starts out that way and I'm using it as my title because it correctly describes how I feel right now. We had a great trip to AZ, and I guess we were meant to stay there, because as soon as we get home bad things start to happen. Ruby is sick, Isaac and Luke are fighting non-stop, Kyle is perma-exhausted and I started to wish we could just eat out every meal and throw our kitchen away (but I might have always wished that).

But for the sake of blogging, I'm going to ignore all of that and just dive right in and blog about the last 2 1/2 weeks.

Right before we went out of town, we got to go to Luke's preschool field trip and then Halloween party.
He kept his distance as he waved to this goat. On the field trip it snowed but we still had a good time. Luke loved the animals. Luke can only pose so much and then the rest of the time he looks like this. His special way of telling me NO more pictures PLEASE!
When we got home from the field trip Luke and his friend West had a great time in the snow. Luke really just loves to eat snow. I need to teach him not to eat yellow snow before it is too late.
The party was fun and the boys were very, very, scary vampire-pirates. Isaac was actually a vampire- pirate-skeleton-robot (he created it). It reminded me of Isaac 3rd Halloween when he created his Lightening McQueen super hero costume.

Ruby, our cute little fairy!
Something that Ruby likes to do while I'm TRYING to cook dinner. She usually stands up with one hand on each of my legs...makes it difficult to get around.Next stop, Arizona.

We arrived right before the Fillmore Pumpkin Carving Party. It was great! Uncle Benjamin brought a few decorations from his huge collection and had music and smoke going and the kids just absolutely loved it. Thanks Uncle Benjamin! We ate pizza, and brownies, carved pumpkins, played with cousins and danced the spooky night away. We were exhausted after an 11 hour drive but we manged to stay awake and have a wonderful time.




My kids have their own unique way of telling me they are done taking pictures.
But that doesn't stop me from taking everyone elses'!
My brother's mask was great. Luke was pretty freaked out but just kept telling himself it was only uncle Benjamin. When we went to my brothers spook alley and there were other masked villains, Luke continued to tell himself they were ALL uncle Benjamin. aunt April looks pretty stunning as well.Eventually I was able to convince Luke to try on the mask. It was even better in real life. Hilarious and creepy.
Halloween night we met up with lots of cousins and the boys actually went longer than 2 streets! A record for sure! Their favorite house gave out full sized candy bars. We went there two times (but not because we are greedy, but because we went with 2 different groups of cousins). I was looking forward to enjoying most of Isaac's candy but unfortunately for me, he has developed a broader likes of candy...he doesn't even mind the nuts anymore. Dang.
We tried to take some night of the trick or treating pics but Ruby didn't want to cooperate.
And everyone else just really wanted to get going to get some candy!This concludes this episode of Halloween updates 2009. The next Arizona installment will air at a later date.

7 comments:

Liesl Shurtliff said...

Super cute! Love the little fairy.

Karena said...

Busy, busy, busy...and too busy visit us! Ha ha. Maybe we'll catch you when we come up, or we might be too busy for!

Poppy said...

good to have you back...we missed you! Looks like you had a good time.

Becky J. said...

I hate when I get behind on the blog and have a bajillion posts to do! But I like reading yours, so keep 'em comin' when you can get the time to do more! (Super cute kids by the way!)

seven smiles said...

Great pics! I feel your busy/sick/exhausted pain...

J♥M said...

I'm so glad that you all had such a great time! I always want to throw my kitchen away too! I love that you were able to capture a photo of Ruby tugging on your pant legs while you're trying to make dinner! I hope you all feel better soon!

mad white woman said...

That green compliments your haircolor very well. :)

Thanks again for having us over, it's always entertaining when you're around. Come back soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...