Tried on costumes out of the Halloween bin.
Luke's version of a werewolf.
(he is wearing what used to be a wig and beard set--I think it needs to be unratted.)
(he is wearing what used to be a wig and beard set--I think it needs to be unratted.)
After a huge huge water mess in the basement bathroom (filling up his toy car with "gas") and mommy getting a little frustrated, I remided Luke he is only allowed to play with water in the kitchen!! A couple of weeks later I heard some noises coming from the kitchen. When I caught him in the act of one of his creations he yelled in defense, "I'm in the kitchen!" He was just making water cupcakes. He had filled each cup up with water and was carefully dumping each one into the pot. When he was done, he wanted me to cook the water cupcakes in the oven so he could bring some to his "kinda twinner" (his friend West from across the street who also has curls). He was bummed when I told him it would only make boiling water.
October has been a blast and it's not over yet! We get to go to AZ this weekend to visit family and to go to my friend's wedding. We really have been quite busy and having fun but I didn't really take that many pictures this month--but oh well, because HELLO I ran a 5K!? Who cares about anything else?
This 5K was my second one in 10 years.
But really, it is the only one that counts because I didn't walk and I didn't puke.
I was NOT in shape. I have only run about 3 times in the last month even though I intended to run much much more!!
Especially thanks to Michelle, who totally bullied me into doing this 5 k even though she will never admit it ;)
All you other crazy runners can go for the longer distance.
Here are my stats:
2009 Homecoming Cougar Run
October 24, 2009
Women's 5K
Emily Widdison
29:14.2 (9.24 min/mi)
119th place overall
19th in Women 25-29
I did run track in high school--and I do consider those years my glory years never to be re-lived.
However, I did enjoy pretending to be competitive just a little bit. The cheering crowd on the sidelines and the upbeat music was nice too.


13 comments:
go you! congrats on your race. that's amazing. come be my personal trainer to get me fit, k! i see so many similarities between luke and cache. cache grabs toys and tells us it's his microphone and sings. when singing is on the tv, he goes up to it to dance and always says, "mom, take a picture me!" i think curt will be disappointed if he rather sing in the choir than play football. lol. :) cache also likes to make "soup" with his toys just about everyday. like make soup with his cars in his tool box. Hmm. I got the picture in the mail yesterday. I need to get a nice frame for it and hang it up. I'll be sure to send thank yous, you've always had such a great family. :) oh, and I can't get over how cute Ruby is, how big she is, and how much she resembles her big brother. why do you have to live so far away?
Wow, your oldest has become a CLONE of your husband, it is insane ! I sure do love your kids - even though I have never met them. They are just so cute. I love their big happy smiles : )
Congrats on your 5K! I'd say that's a really impressive time and you should be really proud!
Your pictures are so cute- I love hearing about all of Luke's funny stories. He's a busy little boy! :)
Good job running! Cute kids, fun month!
Wow! I'm impressed. I was a sprinter in high school, but I wouldn't mind doing a 5K. I don't think my time would ever be as good as yours, but it would be fun to try!!!
Hey, I didn't know anything about his 5k!! Way to go! Do a 10K next time and 5 of it can be for me! :) Luke is such a crazy man! I love it! Hope you guys have fun in AZ this weekend!
Clara loves water too. Anything involving water, she loves it.
My sister tried to get me to run a 10k at Thanksgiving and I told her I would do it if I could ride a bike alongside her. :) Not sure why she laughed at me. I was serious.
Hope to see you next week!
I love the update on the kidos! Yes the race was lots of fun good job on not walking :) It was fun to hang out
Good job on the 5K! I'm with you on never wanting to run anything more than that--heck, I can't even do a 5K without walking! I hate running.
And what is it with 2nd children and messes? Sophie NEVER made the kind of messes that Avery makes. She's a constant whirlwind of destruction and makes her mama tired, kinda like Luke. Hmmm, maybe she doesn't get the kind of one on one attention that I always gave Sophie.... :)
Go Emily Go! I can't even run a mile, no joke. I am very proud of you. And it looks like you have been up to a lot of fun. And I feel your pain with motherhood. Who said twos are terrible? It's the threes and fours that just about drive you off the deep end. Good luck:)
Hey, wow, a 5K and I thought your time and place were pretty darn good. I loved your blog. Love, Mom
How long are you here? We can do Mon-Wed after school, but Gavin won't be there. If you want to see Gavin, the best chance is Thursday at 12:00. Elden has early release day, and Gavin doesn't leave for work until 1:00. Let us know when and where!
karenalapray at yahoo dot com or call 8013769045.
I'm going to email you as well.
I'm glad you're still running Emily. Don't worry about training too much, you get plenty of that running after those boys.
Post a Comment