The Party Van and Us

The Party Van and Us

Thursday, October 08, 2009

Never again...

...will I let that much time pass between posts.

I have way too much to catch up on and it is overwhelming. So overwhelming that when I think about doing it I quickly bypass the computer and head into my room for a little nap. Ahhhhh...and this just after I teach a mini class for enrichment on journaling!

Here is my catch-up attempt.

A summary in collages.

After the viewing, a bunch of Fillmore cousins were treated to a lovely night of bowling. Thanks Grandma! It was sweet!
My Grandma's funeral was beautiful (more pictures coming soon). She was an amazing woman and I look forward to getting to know her even better on the other side. Her great grandchildren really loved putting flowers on her casket. They just kept piling them on! Grandma loved flowers and took flower arrangement classes in her earlier years when she lived in Japan. I think she was proud of her grandkids attempt at flower arrangement artistry;)
Ruby ate peaches and got really sticky. She enjoyed her bath in a not so big sink.
Luke has been his usual old self. Including millions of creations, millions of messes, millions of waking mom and dad up in the middle of the night to tell us something, millions of frustrations, millions of scary costumes (in anticiaption of Halloween) and of course, millions of smiles.


Ruby got a sword. Mommy had a camera.
A perfect photo opporunity.
Isaac's school had picture day. We decided to take our own that very same day instead of paying someone to do it for us. I think they turned out pretty GREAT!
(still handsome as ever--minus 2 teeth)


We enjoyed listening to conference. Our best one yet (with children)! I am saying good bye to those dang bingo boards because they are BORING for us. Maybe when the boys get older, but they do not keep their attention for more than a few minutes. Instead we did a word match. We did it one session on Sunday and one session on Saturday. It was a hit! When they heard a word on their paper (love, home, prophet, etc.) they got whatever treat/snack it was matched up to. Isaac was pretty involved with listening almost the entire session! Luke tried his best to keep up:). We also read through our prophet/apostle cards and when we saw someone from the cards we got to tape it up on the wall.
All in all, we've had a crazy but fun last few weeks.
And while all this craziness was going on Ivy Raine made her entrance into this world. She is adored by her parents and 6 older brothers and sisters (and of course EVERYONE else!)
Congratulations to my sister Lisa! She is beautiful!

5 comments:

Poppy said...

phew! Doesn't that feel good to get it all out! Cute pics of cute kids. Makes me miss everyone. Keep a look out for jobs up there, I would love to move back!

Anne said...

cute pics. Thanks for not posting any bad crying ones of me. See you in a few weeks.

Fellars Family said...

Wow! I can't believe Isaac has lost 2 teeth. Anna still has not lost one. I might still your idea of the word match. I could definitely see my kids loving that during conference.

J♥M said...

BTW... great mini class! I've been thinking about all sorts of stuff I need to put down, and yeah, it makes me want a nap! You're awesome! Thanks for being a great example! :)

larainydays said...

Emily, your boys are cute but Ruby is SCRUMPTIOUS!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...