I love traditions. We have quite a few. One of our traditions is to take our kids to Cornbellys. This is a fairly new tradition since we have only been in Utah for 3 years, but have have loved every visit!
October 2007Our first visit started a picture taking tradition with the singing chickens.
October 2008
(mommy was sick at home pregnant with Ruby...can you tell? Their clothes are coordinated for the picture...daddy tried his best.)
October 2009
We must like the colors orange and brown. And singing chickens.
We must like the colors orange and brown. And singing chickens.
Here are the rest of our pictures at Cornbellys... (the first pictures we took at Cornbellys were of Isaac's bumpety, bump, bump incident--as you can see from the pictures, we didn't let that stop us from having a great time!)

Yes, we took more pictures of Ruby
She was an easier and more willing subject--not just because she is our favorite child.


We decided to let Ruby in on our traditional singing chicken back of the head shot (which is a heck of a lot easier than the front of the head).
ahhh, so precious.
On another note...I have been such a mean mom lately...I feel like I need a good mother book to boost my moral. Any recommendations? I just keep nagging them and I feel like I'm more critical than I should be. I want to praise, praise, praise! But really, for Luke, I am searching for something good to say about his behaviour each day! Help!
Here are some Halloween crafts I want to make with my kiddos..any other suggestions?





8 comments:
looks like Cornbelly's is always fun. we have the same family traditions of taking our kids to the fall festivals too. they are so much fun and cheap fun. :) I liked the picture of you in your "Rarr" stance at the top of the slide? I was frightened. Ruby is getting so big and I can not get over how much she looks like her big brother Isaac.
I'm taking Cache to Michaels for a kid craft activity. It's free, and they give the kids candy, a treat pail and balloon I think. Getting the balloon alone will make Cache happy. :) I think all Michaels are doing it on halloween morning.
And as for mothering these days.... I'm focusing more on being in the moment, enjoying it and not letting anything affect it. Talking to Cache in the tone of voice I want him to talk to me in. :) There's so much going on in a day and we have so much to do and we can't do it all at once. So I do what I can! The church of course always has great books that always boost me and give me that umpf I'm looking for at times, or of course just even church talks online help. There's so many great books out there, I"m sure you know more great ones than I do!
One of my favorite Halloween crafts is the surgical gloves that you put candy corns in each of the fingers to look like finger nails, then fill the rest with popped popcorn or unshelled peanuts or anything else laying around. Thanks for the links to the other ideas, though; they're super cute and we may have to try some.
A couple of books I have on my bookshelf that I really like are called "Being the Mom, 10 coping strategies I learned by accident because I had children on purpose" and "Take two chocolates and call me in the morning" both are by Emily Watts. I love these books! They are a short easy read, 149 pages each. And after I read them, they make me want to try to be better. But she also says that nobody is perfect, you just do what you can.
Good Luck!
oh I can't image you not always been a super up-beat positive mom, I'll be coming to you for years to come for suggestions and ideas :) I LOVE Ruby's orange bow and most know where did you get it!
OH MY GOODNESS! Love those cornbelly's pictures! I do. I do. I do!
Yes, you should be receiving a little book in the mail. Hopefully those crafts will be something your boys will like... maybe?
And when is the pumpkin carving party? I can't remember when you're driving down.
oh my goodness! how adorable is that shot of your boys at Cornbelly's and then with cute Ruby! Aaaah! I just want to eat it up! Cute cute cute kids! You look great! Miss Utah a lot and I miss going to Thanksgiving point. Oh well. Texas has its good points. I think.We are still looking for a move to Utah. Brett is thinking PhD. Oh man...poor life again. Oh well. If we go it will all be worth it.
Are you getting enough sleep? I remember when Maia was teething and crying and not sleeping at night, and as a result I was not sleeping. I was NOT a very nice mommy. In fact I can trace all of my really awful mean mommy days back to lack of sleep. But that's just me.
I miss Cornbelly's. We have the back of the head chicken shot, too.
As far as books--my favorites are Raising Our Children, Raising Ourselves (good reminder that I'm the adult and need to work through my own issues so I'm not taking them all out on the kids) and Raising Your Spirited Child (not sure if Luke fits in that category, but it has a lot of awesome ideas, even if your child isn't technically "spirited", but seriously, what preschooler isn't?!) Good luck. We've been having some bad days lately, too. I need to pull the books off my shelf and read a little--I think its kind of like scriptures. When you find a good one, you need to read a little every day to keep yourself on the right track.
Post a Comment