These past couple of weeks I have felt a lot of emotions as a mother. Ups and downs, but thankfully, more ups! I was thinking about some of them as I was looking through my pictures and decided that there are some things as a mother I would rather just forget and somethings I hope I always remember! These are just a few examples.
REMEMBER
Ruby reading me stories.
She prefers it that way.
I miss reading her stories and hope she lets me do it again someday! But it is really cute too. I also love that she has started to say "It is Sunday" to everything. It usually doesn't make any sense either. She hears the boys ask all day on Sunday things like "can we play with friends?, Can we watch TV?, Can we play on the computer?" And we always answer with "No, it is Sunday." So now she goes around telling everyone it is Sunday everyday. Today I told her "no more Popsicle" and she said, "MOM! It is Sunday!" If the boys ask to do something or tell her something, she says, "No, it is Sunday!" Today Luke asked to watch smurfs and she responded NO, it is Sunday. I told her it was Tuesday and she she "OH, Okay Luke it is okay, it is Tuesday." She really doesn't get it and it is hilarious to hear her try to make sense.
Ruby reading me stories.
She prefers it that way.
FORGET
Teething.
Sure, he is smiling now AFTER that second tooth popped through, but MAN oh MAN! Teething is tough on the baby and the mommy! And that is only after 2 teeth!
FORGET
Flesh wounds inflicted upon kind brother by angry little sister.
You can count all her teeth if you want.
She has more than just 2.
REMEMBER
Kind, loving, big sister and adoring little brother.


10 comments:
Very, very cute - I can't believe that the kids are getting so big. Even Oliver - he doesn't look like much of a baby there...
I think the thing I would like to forget the most is when I yell at Clara. :)
Love this! I often think, "Oh, I hope my kids never remember this about me!" And then, "I hope we always remember this...." Great pictures of your cutie pies.
ruby's dress is sooo cute!
Oh my gosh...the bite mark is my favorite. I wish I had taken a few pictures of some of those priceless moments that are so horrible at the time but kind of funny to look back on when they are way older...like 20. You are such a great mom.
so precious! they all look so grown up!
those kids are so dang cute! Can't wait to be able to see you guys.
Awesome post Emily! So sweet! All but the bite mark and the teething trouble.
you are a good mom.
great post.
So true. I often find myself in a moment where I think, "Memorize this picture, because I want to always look back and remember this moment," and then of course by the next week I can't even remember what it was. I hope my kids remember the good stuff and forget the bad even though I doubt I will. Your kids are so lucky to have you! And they're getting so big!
Post a Comment