This is what I had planned for our Spring Break:
Spring Break Schedule
(morning stuff with mom, some afternoon stuff with dad too!)
Monday
Emily Run :)
Morning--Trafalga-Lehi (with Picnic)
Afternoon--Bike Ride (we also went geo-caching)
Cookies for FHE (didn't happen)
Fire pit outside (didn't happen)
We were so tired after today! We basically just climbed into bed!
Pictures from Trafalga with the Tingeys
Tuesday
-Morning--Monkey Island with friends
-Playstation Party time for Isaac and Friend
-Late Afternoon--Children’s Museum (meet Kyle around 3pm at work)
-McDonalds for Dinner
Pictures from Monkey Island
JUST Me and 7 kids

I was glad I had Oliver in his little carrier for this activity. Although he is quite large for it and we haven't used it for months!! It was so hard to get a picture of the kids jumping and sliding--of course they didn't want to pose. We had 2 for 1 passes and brought a few friends with us and had a great time.
Children's Museum Pictures from Kyle's phone
(we begged the Browns to go with us, and they said yes!)

I love that Ruby is Ironing. Something I RARELY do. She is a natural! I interviewed a donkey at KSL News. Hee Haw is all he would say!
Emily Run
Morning--Library
Emily Dr. Appt.--(found out it isn't a food allergy, just something wrong internally...when this happens most people never find out what was wrong with them and it goes away on it's own or is controlled by allergy medicine. I will be on allergy medicine for a long time until I'm brave enough to see what happens when I go off them. Only one allergic reaction since last appointment.)
McDonald’s with Daddy (again at the kids' request...yuck. But hey, it's spring break!)
Afternoon--Read-a-thon with treats (I had a hard time not falling asleep during this, but the boys loved it and were even able to read for a half hour on their own while I took a nap!)
More Geo-caching
Family Movie Night
Ruby was sick from 3 to 5 am:(
Thursday
Morning--Farm Country (did not happen I don't really remember what we did)
Picnic
Afternoon--Trafalga-Orem (again, did not happen. We have passes to all of these fun places so it a makes for a cheap fun afternoon--if you aren't sick)
Friday
Morning--Get some new toys (toys earned from completing exercise chart)
Play outside
Lots of playing outside and playstation play time (Isaac hasn't seen his play station for a few months, we got it out for the holiday and then put it back away--I would like to re-name it the trantrum inducing device.)
In the evening Kyle's parents dropped by and while they were here, Oliver decided to get sick. He was done (and it was soooo sad to watch him be sick) by 10 pm...and then it was my turn. Let me just say, a stomach virus is MUCH better than the flu. No fever, no chills. After a few hours of pain, you are as good as new! (kinda:)
Saturday
Morning chores
Play Outside
Daddy at work for MGMAT Session (11am-2pm)
Afternoon--Geo-caching
Quick trip to Lake to "see" the water and throw some rocks:) (We actually only made it to the River, but the kids had sooo much fun!--sad no pictures!
Grill night--(didn't happen stomachs were still recuperating and we did eggs and toast instead)
We failed miserably at our grill nights and fire pits (but we did both the week earlier so the kids were okay about it.) Over all, it was a great Spring Break! We took these pictures today but we did do a lot of playing outside during Spring break.
And just because I felt like sharing the vicious cycle!!
(yes that is breakfast still on the table and a dirty pizza pan from the night before and Ruby's trail of wonder throughout the house. This is just one view of my house--I didn't document the rooms downstairs:)
I just stood there for a minute trying to figure out where to start KNOWING that after it was clean it would only take a few minutes to get back to it's normal shape. Of course I decided to document it. I just stood and turned in a circle and took these pictures. BUT my bed was made, and my bathroom was clean and the floor was mopped...but those things just didn't seem to matter in this moment. I felt completely overwhelmed and tired from laying in bed with Isaac all morning because he "THOUGHT" he might throw up. Not to mention getting up with Oliver 2 or three times because he decided he needed to eat at 4 am instead of 7 am. And with Luke because he had a bad dream--a pokemon ate him. Thankfully Neither the throw up or pokemon's Luke feast occurred.
I did end up cleaning up a little but then went outside and played with the kids and their friends for 2 hours. I hope that is what they remember when they are older--that their mom played with them and their friends:) Hopefully they won't remember the dirty dishes in the sink from the night before. I'm going to bed now and the house is pretty much cleaned up. But I'm sure it will look like that again around 1 pm!! Please don't visit me then.






9 comments:
Looks like you did have a lot of fun, even with the stomach bug. We're on spring break right now and I'm trying to plan enough fun things and get togethers with friends to make it a great week, but its hard when all I really want to do is take a nap :)
And I totally agree with the house--and I only have 2 kids making the messes, but man, they can make their way through the house SO fast!
I'm completely exhausted now after reading about your week.
whew.
loved the pictures. :)
Your doing GREAT lady! Here is to good health.
You are doing so well Emily. What an ambitious schedule.
How embarrassing. My house never looks like that. HA HA. Just kidding. It totally does, and I only have two kids. They might mistake me for a hoarder if I ever have 4 kids because who knows how bad it will get!
You are such a great mom. What a fun spring break even with the sickness. And I completely understand the house, mine looks the same. Whenever I get it all put together I bask in the wonder of it, knowing it will only last till the kids wake up.:)
Well, I guess I'm glad we hung out with you guys on Monday instead of the end of the week, since it seems like you wouldn't have been much fun being sick and all! We had lots of fun with you guys. Can't wait until crazy lives calm down enough to do it again soon! :)
You are so much more energetic than your Mom. You are doing a great job. and Boy oh Boy,am I glad we went to California for spring break so I had a way to entertain all of you. I did have to get brave and drive all the way there by myself. The first time I did it I was really scared but after a few years it got easier. Love, Mom
Wow, what a fun week. You are such a fun mom. I need lessons. :)
Post a Comment