The Party Van and Us

The Party Van and Us

Thursday, April 07, 2011

April Fools, Helmet Head, and Going ons at our house

April Fool's Day 2001
Dad dressed like mom and Mom dressed like dad.
Isaac was confused.
Luke was mad (we had to wake him up so Kyle could go to work).
Oliver didn't give a hoot.
Ruby didn't get it.
But we had fun!!
The only thing wrong with this picture is that I would NOT be studying the GMAT with my breakfast. We quickly shoved it aside when the kids came in for breakfast.
I also got Kyle really good this year with help from our Realtor Millie...it was great, but he didn't think it was that funny. A few years ago I got him when I had our neighbor drive our car around the corner...he almost called the police to report his stolen car:)

Introducing the newest member of our family!
Helmet head!
Does this Helmet make me look fat?
Lots of adjusting for us...but mostly for mom. So hard not to feel my baby's soft skin and hair against my cheek. I think I have cried more than him!
Ruby found the best book at the library. I might have to purchase one on Amazon.
New shoes:)
Still only one tooth but lots of drool and crying.
(except for pictures of course!)
Ruby got a new bike. Yes, she knows how to ride it! But as soon as I want to take a picture she gets off.
Hugs and playing with big sis.
Such a cute craft that Isaac did at school. I love this!
Luke helped me make Kyle's b-day cake.
What we wished we looked like all of the time.

What we look like most of the time...
Happy 32nd Birthday Daddy!
(notice the three parts of the cake above...frosting for daddy, frosting for Ruby and Luke, and no frosting for Isaac.


I tried to make a 32 with the candles but it was taking too long. So he got what we had.
I left the price tags on all his gifts because they were all cheap and he loves that.
sunglasses for 6.99 Oh ya babee!!
Mom and Dad---Kyle needed a new black belt. Thanks!! We used your birthday money for this nice belt. He loves it:)

Oh the excitement! the Thrill! When Daddy gets a teenage mutant ninja turtle movie for his birthday!

I think that sums it up for awhile now.
Now I have 20 minutes to run on the treadmill while Oliver naps, Luke plays on PBS on the computer and Ruby enjoys some Diego. I have to I mean, GET to run the ragnar in a few weeks. I am sore sore sore. Yoga and running after pretty much 10 years and 4 babies will do that to you. Ouch. I think I pulled a muscle at yoga class. Sad and pathetic I know!! Good thing I magically ended up with the easiest LEG! LUCKY ME!

10 comments:

Emily Widdison said...

just so you know...this belt was a JOKE! and if any of you own a belt like this...well, we can still be friends.

Ashley Funk said...

Um, I see red X's instead of pictures... I really would like to see the photos instead, so let me know if you fix it. I especially want to see the Kyle & Emily April Fool's mix-up.

So sad about Oliver's helmet - although, like you said, sadder for Mom than baby! Good luck on your race training - it sure doesn't sound fun to me!

seven smiles said...

I can't see pictures either! :( Sorry for Oliver's helmet...I still don't know what's going on?

Anne said...

He looks darling. I think it is so wierd how those helmets kind of go over their eyes a little. It would drive me batty. Cute hairdo with it.

mad white woman said...

I'm glad that joke was a belt. I don't feel like my thoughts when I saw that picture were mean knowing that. When did Oliver get so chubby? He used to be teeny tiny.

mad white woman said...

I'm glad that I'm awesome too... I mean I'm glad the BELT was a JOKE...

The Fillmore Family said...

Have fun on the run! I am impressed but a little worried about you. Should you be doing that??? Love, Mom

Sabrina O'Malley said...

Such cute pictures. Good luck on the run. I should do something like that but I really hate running... maybe in my next life.:)

Maquel said...

I love the helmet! Stockton had to wear one from 8-12 months (the last two months just at night). I had a hard time with it at first, too, but got used to it and even embraced it (don't get me wrong--I was very excited to be done with it)! I had Stockton's picture taken with the Skyline High football players. It's one of my favorites of his baby book!

Elizabeth said...

So what IS with the helmet? Peter had to wear one for over a year, so I know what you mean about missing the soft skin. I appreciated a soft fuzzy head so much more when Lucy came along.

Peter had to have surgery to create a soft spot on his head. I'm assuming Oliver's situation isn't so serious. The helmet wasn't fun, but we got used to it. And it made Peter's cheeks look huge. Somehow, I think helmets are kinda adorable now. Good luck with it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...