THIS!
Curse you horrible and ill prepared owners of the Toaster oven. Lehi/American Fork is not Chicago or SanFancisco. You should have known it would take longer than 6 months for it to take off. Yes, the lines go out the door and wrap around the building in the big cities, but we are not exactly a big city. Things were coming along just fine. The lunch crowd was growing bigger and bigger every day. Why did you have to throw in the towel now? On my birthday! You should have borrowed more money, refinanced your house, sold your boat (or your children)...you should have prepared for the 1st rough year that all restaurants go through. We don't say the word "hate" at our house. But I will make an exception. I **** you Toaster oven.
Friday, June 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


13 comments:
Aghhhh Em, I'm so sorry. You had just fallen in love with this place too. So sad. Sorry The Out Of Business Toaster Oven was your birthday spoiler. What are you going to eat now??
that happened to me once in Provo. I pulled into Rosa's to fulfill a pregnancy craving and it was closed down. I still haven't gotten over it! Then when we were in Arizona we drove all over to find the original Rosa's (seriously, you've got to try this place). We finally found it and it was closed on Mondays. It was, of course... Monday.
I agree that you should be willing to sacrifice it all just for the customer. They had the audacity to do this to you on your birthday of all things. i'll go to a potbelly's for you and see if I can deliver something for you. We have a few of those here in Houston. Any requests?
By the way, I either want to ask your parents if they'll sell me their couch or perhaps I'll sell you mine. :-)
WHat a huge bummer especially to a pregnant woman on her birthday!
Happy Birthday. Sorry about the yummy food, I didn't even get a chance to try it out. But I am so excited for your new table. CG and I have talked about getting one of those someday too. Does it come with a tummy hole for when you get too big?
Happy Birthday, Sabrina
I felt the same way when they closed the Matta's on Main Street : (
That is such a bummer. I hope Kyle gave you a nice massage on your new massage table to make up for it. :)
So, if you really are going to redo your piano then don't be amateurs like us. We didn't move it outside because it weighs a thousand+ pounds. The dust is probably giving us all cancer. We did get an electric sander, but I'm pretty sure I ruined the piano by using too much grit in my sandpaper. If you've finished furniture before I'm sure you'll be fine though.
That said, if I were you and I hadn't started redoing my piano, I would just go buy a different one that didn't need to be refinished. This is the project from you know where.
So sorry about your fav. place! Let's toilet paper them or something, maybe that would make you feel better! :) So you have to go read my comment on your previous post.
We are in Buffalo Grove, or the BG as Monique calls it.
I'm jealous of your massage table, except I would want a masseuse to come with it, because Brian's kind of a woos when it comes to massages. =)
Oh and we tried Potbelly's a couple of weeks ago. Yum.
Ahhhh, I LOVE a good massage! Happy happy birthday too. So sorry about the food fiasco, such a letdown. There was a restaraunt that was so good in Provo (I don't remember what it was called anymore), but I was so excited to pretend to crave it the next time I was pregnant and then it was gone. Sigh, I hope you are doing awesome. We love you. ~K
It wouldn't be Utah without things closing down all the time, now would it?
Happy Birthday Emily!! That story cracked me up because you have always been so passionate about food! We used to go into subway and eat a footlong like it was nothing and we were hungry again as soon as we left! Love ya!
Emily-
HILARIOUS!
I went the day they closed down as well and was PISSED! I saw that sign the same day and within 24 hours the signs were down and there was nothing left. It was almost exactly like Potbelly's and I couldn't figure out what happened.
So I disappeared for awhile..we've had soem big changes lately with my sister from Chicago moving in with us and such but I only live one block from Toaster Oven so I am right here.
See you soon.
Eve
Post a Comment