Monday, June 09, 2008
FINALLY!
I am so excited. I cannot contain my excitement. Someone has finally copied my most favorite sandwich joint in Chicago. Sad to say, but probably the place I miss the most from our Chicago home. I just loved Potbellys and now my very own home town has a copy cat! The Toaster Oven is just as great! They copied everything...even the awesome fresh sweet relish! The names have changed, for example, our favorite " wreck" has the name "kitchen sink" but I don't care! They have 2 of these in San Francisco--I checked just in case they had one in AZ. For now, only American Fork, San Francisco, the Midwest, and Texas are in the best tasting sandwich groove. I love it and I just had to share my good news. Wherever Kyle and I end up, there needs to be on of these nearby and if there isn't, I will open one! Yum!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


11 comments:
did you know those were started by a couple from the Logan Square Ward? they lived there when we did bf moving out to sanfran to start their company..
happy to see they have expanded with your luck!!!
anyways, hope you are well.. enjoy you "kitchen sink"... do they do the little cookies on the straws?
So fun! That sounds like a yummy place. I need to go try it. Hey we need to get together and play. We miss you guys!
I hear ya! We have a Potbellys, but it's a 25 min. drive to get there. Nice to know there's somewhere good to eat in Utah.
By the way, I'm leaving June 28th and I'll be there until July 26th! We'll have to do something.
I forgot Potbellys had ice cream with those cute little cookies on the straws...The Toaster Oven doesn't have the ice cream, but maybe someday they will add it. They have some cool drinks but not the lime one that I loved at Potbellys...so still some things to miss, but not too bad!
i remember you mentioning how much your family loved Potbelly's in Chicago. I'm sure it's hard to find a "replacement", because no matter what they have it's just not the same. did you ever go to jason's deli here? that's the only thing that we have here that sounds similar by of course doesn't even compare to your beloved potbelly's. :) southwest's website says no surprise fees right now, but you have to pay for everything these days. we have some miles added up too, but only enough for one ticket, or one way i think. anyways, give me a call so we can chat. :) oh, and the website is scrapblog.com for those pages i made on my blog.
Potbelly's is great. I went there on my lunch break once in Chicago and the line was wrapped around the block! It was worth the wait though. :)
I heard this place is really good. Some people recommended it to us in Wash. DC. We didn't' get a chance to go so we will have to check out the one in AF! I saw it but now I know it is good.
So what makes the sandwiches so great? Are you going to take me when I get there?
Too funny... you never realize how much you miss something until its gone. When I left Utah, I missed Jamba juice, now its migrated here. I know just how you feel. :)
Yum. I think we might need to drop by when we get back. Looks like you are all doing well. We miss you and look forward to seeing you at the end of the summer.
We totally miss Potbelly's too. It took me a while to like it, but we love em. I miss their ice cream sandwiches...such a great deal.
Post a Comment