The Fillmore Family
Paul, Joanne, Lisa (and Peter, Max, Sadie, Jack, Charlie, Annie, Betsy), Emily (and Kyle, Isaac, Luke), Jenny (and Bruce, Jameson--the oldest grandchild (16), Brock, Parker, Jack, Ella), Benjamin (and April, Tyler, Jacob, Joshua), Parker (and Lark, Afton, Paul, Mimi--the youngest grandchild (4mo.), Anne (and Clint, Justin, Nathan, Susanna, Clara, Eliza), James (and Stephanie, Dallin, Ethan, Blake, Allison, Zoe), AND Brian (and Jill and baby on the way).
We spent a wonderful 10 days in Arizona. The first weekend we were in Pine at my family's cabin where the weather was beautiful. It is always cooler in the mountains but we lucked out and got some rain too--cooled it down perfectly. My dad has built a fantastic cabin in Pine (which we love) and recently just added a giant tree fort for the grandkids (the pictures above were taken in front of it.) This GIANT tree fort is about 20 feet off the ground, so when you are in it, you really feel like you are in the trees. There are 2 porches and a loft and my dad has made sure it is very safe. The kids loved playing house in it. The whole weekend was a hit. We played meadow games, went on scavenger hunts, did a talent show, ate great food, played in the water at Fossil Springs, had fun riding my brother Jim's toy, played super heroes, learned to square dance, and many other wonderful activities! The kids especially loved the snack shack my mom set up. Here are a few of my favorite pictures from the weekend.
The awesome tree fort, with the 12 hanging capes that April
sewed for all the younger cousins' scavenger hunt!

Can you tell Luke's eagerness for a drink made his parents worried?
You would be worried too with berry juice and cute new reunion t-shirt.

Thirsty?

Happy and Carefree

My little hobo

The shade tree

Sweet Mimi and Grandpa

my groovy dance partner

Luke stealing the show...again.

the Snack Shack!

BUSTED!

The Ranger and the limitless cargo

I think Kyle liked the drive too:)

Mom, if you ever wondered if it was worth your time making all
those scrapbooks full of memories from Pine...

Wild Man!

Stop Talking!

It was nearly impossible to wake Luke up from his 4 hour nap.

maybe Luke just doesn't like the sound of my voice!

Isaac absolutely loved playing with his cousins. Although he loved the cousins his own age, he preferred hanging out with the olders and they were so sweet with him! I kept telling him it was time to go home (I'm such a tease) and he would just look at me with pleading eyes and beg to stay just a little bit longer. He laughed with relief when I told him I was kidding. Many times I didn't know where Isaac was playing--the mountains is such a great place for little boys. He was catching bugs and snakes (or rather, watching his cousins catch bugs), getting muddy and wet, running around with his sword sticks, and having the time of his life. I kept telling him that we were at a family reunion and he just thought family reunions must be the greatest thing on earth. He thought it was pretty neat when grandpa set up a big sheet for a night time movie outside. It didn't matter that he only lasted about 2 mintues (he thought Spiderwick was just too scary), he thought it was the greatest to just be part of it for a moment. We went inside to watch ducktales (I could eat all those little duck birds for dinner, I have that song embedded in my brain forever!) Our ducktales videos were a hit for many of the cousins, it was a good buy. Isaac has been blessed (sometimes unfortunate for me) with a great memory and will definitely remember this reunion for a long long time.
Luke was pure mountain man all weekend long. He would wander around all day like he owned the mountain. Kyle and I could be heard constantly calling his name in search for our little boy wild. One time I heard a horn honk while I was looking for him and thought maybe he got into my brothers cruiser, but then forgot about it. Another honk. Sure enough, Luke was climbing all over pushing all sorts of buttons (sorry Jim) in that sweet little ride. I think that was his favorite part. He would cry and point and beg for the driver to wait for him if he ever heard it drive away. He did not want to be left behind. We never put him down for a nap because we thought it would be pointless with all the noise of children playing. One day Luke decided he needed a nap. He was extremely fussy and begged for me. I was out on the Ramada talking with one of my sisters. Kyle put him in my lap and immediately Luke grabbed my chin and screamed as loud as he could "stop talking!" I was shocked! He was so intent on falling asleep and he didn't want me to annoy him with my voice. I only had to stop talking for about 30 seconds because he was out like a light. Luke also loved his cousins his age but definitely preferred the olders. Sometimes, I think the olders preferred him! Many times I would come around the corner to find Luke being entertained by 3 or 4 cousins...I was in heaven! I had babysitters galore! Luke continues to talk about the cabin and mountains and wonders why we don't live closer!
Paul, Joanne, Lisa (and Peter, Max, Sadie, Jack, Charlie, Annie, Betsy), Emily (and Kyle, Isaac, Luke), Jenny (and Bruce, Jameson--the oldest grandchild (16), Brock, Parker, Jack, Ella), Benjamin (and April, Tyler, Jacob, Joshua), Parker (and Lark, Afton, Paul, Mimi--the youngest grandchild (4mo.), Anne (and Clint, Justin, Nathan, Susanna, Clara, Eliza), James (and Stephanie, Dallin, Ethan, Blake, Allison, Zoe), AND Brian (and Jill and baby on the way).
We spent a wonderful 10 days in Arizona. The first weekend we were in Pine at my family's cabin where the weather was beautiful. It is always cooler in the mountains but we lucked out and got some rain too--cooled it down perfectly. My dad has built a fantastic cabin in Pine (which we love) and recently just added a giant tree fort for the grandkids (the pictures above were taken in front of it.) This GIANT tree fort is about 20 feet off the ground, so when you are in it, you really feel like you are in the trees. There are 2 porches and a loft and my dad has made sure it is very safe. The kids loved playing house in it. The whole weekend was a hit. We played meadow games, went on scavenger hunts, did a talent show, ate great food, played in the water at Fossil Springs, had fun riding my brother Jim's toy, played super heroes, learned to square dance, and many other wonderful activities! The kids especially loved the snack shack my mom set up. Here are a few of my favorite pictures from the weekend.
The awesome tree fort, with the 12 hanging capes that April
sewed for all the younger cousins' scavenger hunt!
Can you tell Luke's eagerness for a drink made his parents worried?
You would be worried too with berry juice and cute new reunion t-shirt.
Thirsty?
Happy and Carefree
My little hobo
The shade tree
Sweet Mimi and Grandpa
my groovy dance partner
Luke stealing the show...again.
the Snack Shack!
BUSTED!
The Ranger and the limitless cargo
I think Kyle liked the drive too:)
Mom, if you ever wondered if it was worth your time making all
those scrapbooks full of memories from Pine...
Wild Man!
Stop Talking!
It was nearly impossible to wake Luke up from his 4 hour nap.
maybe Luke just doesn't like the sound of my voice!
Isaac absolutely loved playing with his cousins. Although he loved the cousins his own age, he preferred hanging out with the olders and they were so sweet with him! I kept telling him it was time to go home (I'm such a tease) and he would just look at me with pleading eyes and beg to stay just a little bit longer. He laughed with relief when I told him I was kidding. Many times I didn't know where Isaac was playing--the mountains is such a great place for little boys. He was catching bugs and snakes (or rather, watching his cousins catch bugs), getting muddy and wet, running around with his sword sticks, and having the time of his life. I kept telling him that we were at a family reunion and he just thought family reunions must be the greatest thing on earth. He thought it was pretty neat when grandpa set up a big sheet for a night time movie outside. It didn't matter that he only lasted about 2 mintues (he thought Spiderwick was just too scary), he thought it was the greatest to just be part of it for a moment. We went inside to watch ducktales (I could eat all those little duck birds for dinner, I have that song embedded in my brain forever!) Our ducktales videos were a hit for many of the cousins, it was a good buy. Isaac has been blessed (sometimes unfortunate for me) with a great memory and will definitely remember this reunion for a long long time.
Luke was pure mountain man all weekend long. He would wander around all day like he owned the mountain. Kyle and I could be heard constantly calling his name in search for our little boy wild. One time I heard a horn honk while I was looking for him and thought maybe he got into my brothers cruiser, but then forgot about it. Another honk. Sure enough, Luke was climbing all over pushing all sorts of buttons (sorry Jim) in that sweet little ride. I think that was his favorite part. He would cry and point and beg for the driver to wait for him if he ever heard it drive away. He did not want to be left behind. We never put him down for a nap because we thought it would be pointless with all the noise of children playing. One day Luke decided he needed a nap. He was extremely fussy and begged for me. I was out on the Ramada talking with one of my sisters. Kyle put him in my lap and immediately Luke grabbed my chin and screamed as loud as he could "stop talking!" I was shocked! He was so intent on falling asleep and he didn't want me to annoy him with my voice. I only had to stop talking for about 30 seconds because he was out like a light. Luke also loved his cousins his age but definitely preferred the olders. Sometimes, I think the olders preferred him! Many times I would come around the corner to find Luke being entertained by 3 or 4 cousins...I was in heaven! I had babysitters galore! Luke continues to talk about the cabin and mountains and wonders why we don't live closer!



7 comments:
what a fun reunion. Aren't you glad your Mom and Dad didn't quit at 6 kids!
PS Natlie & family have moved in till they find a new home, as you can tell she has been on my computer, the last comment is really from Sidney
EMILY!! I LOOOVE Love and Logic. Do you?? I'm a huge advocate. Girl- I love checking in on you- you seem like such a great fun mom.
The magical book is called: HOW TO BEHAVE SO YOUR CHILDREN WILL BEHAVE TOO.
you must get it girl!!
great job on your post :)
{you're welcome for the pictures}
love ya
I can't believe how big your family is now!!! Luke seriously wins though as the cutest. . . at least to me.
That looks like a ton of fun.
Family reunions are a blast. Glad you guys had fun, and sorry we could see you guys.
It was a lot of fun and I didn't think the kids were ever going to let us leave that mountain!
Post a Comment