The Party Van and Us

The Party Van and Us

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Mouths...who needs them anyways?

Luke split his lip (tooting on a vacuum cleaner "horn")
Since this accident, mommy has outlawed ALL hooting and other playings of vacuum cleaner horns and accessories.

Summer 2007
Winter 2007
Isaac biffed it on the stairs and pulled his gum up...exposing a LOT more tooth and even some of the root. It has finally healed almost 2 years later. Do you see the gum in between his 2 front teeth? His gum line started just a little above that before this injury took place.

So, Friday night Isaac decided we needed another mouth injury since it has been awhile.
He biffed it on his bike and landed on his face.

Lost his loose tooth...which is okay...but he also hit the one to the right of that missing tooth pretty bad. It is now shifted to the left and pushed back. When he bites down it ends up being behind his other teeth and hurts him when he eats...so we will find out on Monday if that will have to come out too. Maybe he knew this was going to happen and that is why he adopted his new smile with the mouth closed. Hmmmmm...makes me sad to see his mouth so banged up.


Quotes from shortly after the accident:

(crying and super sad) "Why did this have to happen to ME, why couldn't it have happened to someone else??"

(before going to bed) "Jesus was a little bit mean today."

(finished crying and then started back up again thinking about this--) "Everyone else who loses a tooth has a good thing to think about (a memory) but I'm just always going to remember this sad thing. It wasn't supposed to happen like this. I was supposed to loose my tooth in a fun way like biting an apple."

I look forward to seeing his cute smile again in a few years.

11 comments:

J♥M said...

Now that's ouchie! I'm so so sorry!

jandbfillmore said...

Oooo. Owie. Owie. Owie. I totally remember Isaac's mouth injury from the biff down your Provo duplex stairs. :( Not pretty.

Liesl Shurtliff said...

"Jesus was a little bit mean today." LOL! Really loud! That is classic.

Poppy said...

Ouch! Maybe that guy should wear full body padding! I remember both of the other owies...I was there for the one on the stairs. He has the best lines though, so that will make a good memory someday to look back on. Way more memorable than a dumb apple!

JLynn said...

Ah, em I feel so bad for you and Isaac! It's so hard to seeyour little boy hurt and to watch them hurting and sad! Oh isaac's poor mouth!! His gums look so painful, and it's so uncomfortable when something is amiss in your mouth! Your boys are some of the cutest ever and so are their smiles! Hope Isaac feels better soon! Is the toothfairy going to bring him a couple dollars or a prize for those cute teeth?!!

JLynn said...

And I remember luke's mouth injury happened after we had just said goodbye ): and it was like one of your last days in Denver! R u ever coming back?! (;

Anne said...

okay the Jesus comment just made me laugh. Am I bad? Tell Isaac we love him and hope he feels better soon. Popsicles help.

Kami Milliron said...

OUCH, boys are just crazy ! I haven't had too many mishaps with Douglas ( thank goodness ) but I remember my older Brothers being in and out of the doctors office quite a bit. I swear one of them always had stitches.

Hope they both feel better !

Sabrina O'Malley said...

Ouch!!! Oh that just makes my mouth hurt. But I do love his quotes!

seven smiles said...

Oh, man! Poor guy. I've had a few kids mess up their mouths too.
It isn't fun.

Cori said...

Poor guy!! Landon has recently banged and killed one of his front teeth which is now brown.:) I guess it comes with the age.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...