I've been really thinking about what that is for me....asking myself a lot of questions.
Do I spend enough quality time with my children?
no
Am I spending enough energy on "dating" and "appreciating" my husband?
no
Will my house ever be free of clutter?
no
How many programs, chore charts, schedules, family cheers is too many?
not sure yet...still working on this one.
Does blogging have a place in my balanced life?
yes!
Well, at least I'm doing one thing right!
All joking aside, I'm excited to get this balance in my life. I'll let you know when I do. Hopefully very very soon. But until then...
I will blog about this:
Camping with the Widdisons...a new tradition?
We played by the fire.
We played in the tent at night and EARLY in the morning.
(We were also privileged to be neighbors to the shrills of the night screamer. Once every hour a little boy in a neighboring tent would shout or SCREAM something like "I hate you!" "Will somebody PLEASE help me?" or "SHUT UP!" The next morning his parents came out of their sound proof camper and asked us if we had heard their son who sometimes talks ur..um..screams in the night. Yes we had, thanks.)We played (and slept) at the beach.
We played all around.
It was a great trip, thanks Widdison Family!
I will also blog about this:
Isaac's first day of Kindergarten.
The night before...(me) "Isaac, tomorrow is a big day, it is your first day of school! Would you like me to take you to school in my car? Or do you want to ride the bus and then have mommy follow the bus in her car and then say good bye to you at the front door?"
(Isaac) "Why can't I just do it all by myself?"
later in the night, saying good night to Isaac.
(me) "Isaac, I'm going to miss you tomorrow."
(Isaac) "Mom, remember? I told you that you can do whatever you want. If you want to take me, you can."
He did end up riding the bus by himself. ALL by himself. I didn't even follow in my car. He had a GREAT first day even though when I asked him what he did, he said, "you already saw it" (referring to a picture of a colored squirrel in his back pack).
He came home bouncing off the bus and smiling from ear to ear.
I will also blog about this:
Ruby and her raging cuteness.
I will also blog about this:Luke's first day of preschool!
(He has been asking me for about 9 months to BUILD him a preschool. I finally did, right in my own neighborhood...the building supplies were just right (and cheap))
And I'll leave you with a quote from Luke. (Because we think he is funny).
(Luke) "Why did Jesus give me THIS hair?"
(me) "Why, don't you like your curls??"
(Luke) "No, because I like purple. I wanted my hair to be purple. Why did he give me THIS hair?"
Silly boy.
*coming soon to a blog near you "The Return of Revolutionary Wednesday"









8 comments:
I love you posts and I'm glad I'm not the only one trying to find balance. But I think you are pretty amazing...I am always using your ideas to get my life in order.
P.S. It is o.k. to cry a little when your kids go to school. I did and I also wondered if the bus driver was driving too fast :).
Great post. Fun camping. I'm so proud of you for not following the bus...you are growing up! You are very well balanced...you're on the right track. Keep it up girly!
Tell Luke that I love those curls, although they might be fun purple, too!
Don't feel bad, we are all still trying to find that balance in our lives. I am not sure you ever do when you have kids. There are so many things in life that require our attention and it seems impossible to give everything enough of what we have. We are just one person. Just do your best : )
Can I just tell you I love coming to your blog. It just seems to make me smile and put me in a good mood! Looks like you had a fun little camping trip. And good first days of school. We need to plan a weekend to go to dinner, just us adults. I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for some good new recipes to try! :)
I want you to know that your blog is better than any scrapbook I've ever seen.
Such a fun camping trip. Where was that? I loved the first day of school stories and pictures and Ruby, of course! Love, Mom
Balance? Ha! You have 3 small kids...its hard. I'm still trying to figure it out...we're always out of balance too.
Post a Comment