The Party Van and Us

The Party Van and Us

Tuesday, March 09, 2010

pet hamsters, snowy afternoons, birthdays, farewells, and more hodge podge happenings in our home

Warning: Collage over load.

(the easiest way to catch up on a lot of happenings)

A Snowy Day--Ruby's first Snowman, fun on our sled and a muddy buddy!
Isaac was at a friends house but Ruby, Luke and I took advantage of the last of the wintry days. We haven't had much snow this season and we have really missed it! Luke loved to eat the snow, Ruby thought it was hilarious when I threw snowballs at her, and they both LOVED to sled together. I had to chase them down the hill every time they went down because I was afraid they would tip (or end up in the pond)--it was hard work! Especially 5 mo. pregnant.
When Isaac got home we had a little snowball fight--it ended in me running in the house screaming because he got a big snowball down my back...ALL the way down. I was done after that and told him daddy would take over the snow man building when he got home. The snow was nearly melted when Kyle got home but they managed to build a pretty good snowman--they used mud to paint his face on. BOYS!

I guess Kyle was tired after building ONE snowman:)
Basketball, cooking and pet hamsters.
Isaac had a blast playing basket ball. It was his first year and I think he enjoyed it even more because Kyle was his coach. Isaac was GREAT on defense.
I made a chocolate cake from scratch with the most delish frosting ever...it was yum yum good! I had a couple of helpers but really, they just wanted to lick up after me.

One day Isaac got to bring home his school's pet hamster. He loved it and had a friend over so they could all play. For Luke's birthday Grandma Fillmore got two hamsters for the boys. They have literally spent HOURS playing with them (this includes NO fighting). They built them a home and continue to add pieces to the home everyday. I love fake pets!!!


Party Hardy in Hooper!
The week before Luke's birthday we went to Hooper to celebrate Papa Widdison's big 60 and Luke's big 4. Luke blew the candles out twice because waiting for the big 60 to be lit took too long. We lit them again and gave him a proper singing to before he blew them out again.
We got to spend some time with great Gramma Widdison. She is so sweet and patient with the kids. She just let Ruby check her out until she was comfortable with her and Luke loved it when she read him a story. He was disappointed to learn that she would NOT be reading the other 10 stories he had picked out because it was time to go home.
Arrrrrrr! A Pirate Party!
Luke loved his morning party with just his fam and Isaac was soooo excited to give him a light saber so they can play together. He loved his pirate cupcakes but after I gave a few of them smile faces, he asked me to please make them angry. It was fun having G&G Fillmore there to celebrate.

Luke decided he wanted to invite his preschool friends to his party. He had so much fun! And again, he blew out the candles twice. He was just too excited and couldn't wait for us to light ALL 4 candles AND sing to him.
Our new Home Sweet Home!
We hope! I've decided it is way too hard to take pictures of homes. You just can't get the full affect. I would stand in one corner of a bedroom and just capture the other corner--not very exciting. Anyway, I gave up half way through, but here are a few pics of the dining room, kitchen nook, kitchen, downstairs family room, downstairs kitchen, Ruby's new room, and Kyle's office--oh, and a hallway--yippee!:) Maybe when current residents stuff is gone, and our stuff is in and I've decorated properly, I will try and take some better pictures.



Last moments with Elder and Sister Fillmore.
The kids loved having some story and playtime with them. We are sure going to miss you guys!
Saying Goodbye!
Happy Serving mom and dad! We love you!
(My dad LOVED (sense the sarcasm) driving around in this borrowed car. Every time he had a dental meeting to go to, he would borrow our car instead.)
Lots of luggage and Lots of Love!!
Good luck and have fun in Guatemala!



We miss you already.

Hows that for a catch up on the blog! Go me!

8 comments:

JLynn said...

Go you! You are sooo adorable. I came across a picture of us when we were 18, and you still look exactly the same to me in all these pictures too! You age beautifully! (ps, can't even tell you are pregnant again! you are so good at hiding your babies in your belly.) Hooray for your parents. They are such good people and will bless many many lives in need of blessings. Missionary work is so great.

Your house looks so fun! I'm very excited for your expanding family. I clicked on the collage to enlarge it and saw the current residents have MY Tarjay bedding set!! Which I LOVE!! It's on sale this week, in case you wanted to pick yourself up one too.;)

JLynn said...

ps:) the other day, I just wrote a review on target.com for my bedding set. i'm sure you'll be able to guess which one is mine!

Poppy said...

Great catch up. Dylan wishes he could've come to the pirate party. Happy belated b-day to that handsome Luke. Can't wait to see pics of your new house with all of your stuff! We are definitely going down to CA over Memorial day and will stay for about a week...we hope we can see you in AZ on our return trip!

Ashley Funk said...

Congrats on the new house - it looks SO nice! I'm glad you were able to find something fabulous so quickly. Wish we were as lucky :(

And those pirate cupcakes are AWESOME!

So, when is your ultrasound? or have you already had it and didn't find out baby's gender?

The Fillmore Family said...

Thanks for the blog update. Now can you put the picture of Dad and his car and the one of us with the luggage on my blog after I update it. Thanks, Mom

Unknown said...

Wow, I can breathe now...just kidding ;)! Totally jealous on the home purchase! How fun!!

Stacie said...

Go your parents! They are great people, and I'm sure they will be awesome on their mission. Sad to leave behind so much family. :o(

I love your pirate cupcakes! I agree...the angry ones look more pirate-like. :o)

jandbfillmore said...

Great post! You are so good (1) at taking pictures (2) making collages (3) staying balanced in personal life as well as family, extended family, and friend associations. You are simply amazing!

I loved all of those pictures with your parents. Brian & I wanted to make sure both of your hamsters were of the same gender so you didn't get a bunch of babies... then we realized they were fake ones. Ha!

Miss you guys.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...