This envelope is sealed up tightly and holds the biggest secret in our household.
The boys are disappointed and want to know if the baby is a boy or a girl RIGHT NOW, but we don't mind them being upset every once in awhile:). This will be the ONLY time we do this "surprise" thing unless the excitement in the delivery room proves totally worth the wait. I really did not enjoy the ultrasound at all because I was afraid I might see something I wasn't supposed to see--so I basically missed 90% of it. We did get a dvd of it--with the gender revealed on that as well. We closed our eyes when she typed it in and at the last second remembered that Isaac knew how to read and had to force him to close his eyes. I think all my babies ultrasound pictures look exactly the same, so even though we think it might be a boy, we'll just have to wait and see!
Some of you might ask, and WHY do you have the sealed envelope? Well, just in case I feel totally unprepared and need a close friend to do some last minute shopping for me. But I won't be the one to open it.
Some of you might ask, and WHY do you have the sealed envelope? Well, just in case I feel totally unprepared and need a close friend to do some last minute shopping for me. But I won't be the one to open it.


13 comments:
The sealed envelope is a fun idea. I think it makes it even more exciting. Mike and I think that on our next baby we'll wait for the delivery to find out.
You have incredible self control! I would've peaked during the ultra sound and probably would've opened that secret envelope already, or would've sent it to a distant family member for safe keeping. I love all the name choices on your side bar. I might ask Luke for advice when naming my next child because his names are my favorite. And congrats on the new home!! I love it, and I'm totally jealous!
I've always told Jason if we have one of each, I want to do this. Not sure if he will go for it. Not sure if we'll ever have any more kids either. But just in case!
a friend in the ward just had her baby a week and a half ago & it was a TOTAL SURPRISE. it was her 4th baby as well, same as you, 2 boys then 1 girl, then surprise baby. her and her husband were completely surprised b/c they totally thought it was a girl. she said the surprise was even better when he was born, b/c they thought girl. She said she's definitely doing it again and I totally want to do this too! Hopefully I could resist the envelope and NOT hold it up to the light! I'm SOOOOO excited for you! Congrats!!!!!
I WILL BE THAT FRIEND TO DO THE LAST MINUTE SHOPPING! Last minute, what am I saying, I need to start prepping NOW!! You know you have much stringer will power than I ever will. How are you all doing??
Are you sure you don't want someone to tell me? You know how well I keep secrets about babies. Oh, well, it will be fun. Love, Mom
That really fun. We have friends who had the tech write down the sex for them and seal it up, and then they waited until their anniversary a few weeks later and opened it then, just to have it revealed at a more special time than while sitting in the dr. office. They thought it was a lot more fun.
I'm tempted to be surprised if we have another one, but I don't think I could actually follow through with it.
My cousin didn't want to know, but her mom found out and was well prepared for her. Another cousin didn't want to know, but her husband found out and told mom (same mom). and my own sister didn't find out for her last, and loved it! I totally admire it, but could never do it! Of course I can tell by my morning sickness which one we're having (so far 100% right) Way to go!
I'm impressed you can do this! I totally don't have that kind of self control. Maybe if we ever get one of each sex I will be okay not knowing what the next one is, but since that may never happen, I'll probably just keep finding out! What do you really want it to be?
Wow, you've really got some self control! I'd have to take the envelope and lose it somewhere because just having the info in hand might kill me. But I'm a spoilsport that way.
Names, I LOVE Oliver Grant. I almost used the same name but couldn't sell Justin on Oliver. But I love it.
For girls I'm a huge fan of Jane. But I like old names.
I'm still working on the whole "private blog" thing, but I love your idea and one of these days I'll actually get it changed over. I don't know why it seems like such a hurdle, it's like I feel I need to redecorate and everything when I probably don't. Hm. Maybe tomorrow. Hope things are going well!
We Love not finding out. But I love surprises. My kids HATED that we didn't find out but they survived.
I think it's FUN you aren't finding out the gender. That makes the wait so much more exciting. I am SUPER excited to hear what you have - the anticipation is killing me too ! How about you mail that envelope to me so I can peak and then I will mail it back ; )
Oh yay!! We did one (baby #3) where we didn't find out the gender and it was SO exciting at delivery time!! But we already had one of each and didn't need to prepare much. It bugged everyone else more that we weren't finding out, haha!
Post a Comment