On the OTHER side of the world in INDIA!
The night before Kyle left he showed the boys' where he would be on our mini globe and explained that when it was daytime in Utah, it would be nighttime in India. He has already told me he does not like international travel...which is probably good because I don't think we will ever become world travelers.
I think prayers really do work because I'm definitely not doing this well on my own without them. We are only on day #2 (of 7) without our man of the house and we're missing him like crazy but doing pretty good. I think I have been an extremely patient mom since he has been gone--probably more so than when he is actually here! But I am exhausted and realize how much he really does to help me out. My back is killing me and my feet really need a good rub--oh how I miss those nightly foot rubs honey!!
Ruby was playing with her toy cell phone at church and I told her to say hi to daddy and she looked all around the room and really searched out the crowd for her daddy. The boys keep asking how many more days and even though I told them, Luke asked me tonight at bedtime if daddy would be home when he woke up--he was not happy when I told him we still have 5 more days to go!
Dear Kyle/daddy/my hunk of burning love:
Here are some things you have missed while you've been in route to India.
(all very important)
Ruby pretending she is Pebble Flintstone's sister...and protesting all the way.
Ruby being brave in Isaac's arms. He wanted to carry her like this down our neighbors stairs, and across the street all the way home. I told him maybe next time:) Can you see the pure delight in his eyes? Along with the strain?
(thanks Browns!)
(shirtless=no stains on clothes)
We miss you Kyle! Come home quickly!
xoxoxo,
Your fan club
(Pretend I did the following post on St. Patrick's Day.)
Pre-patty's day haircut!
(I love how Ruby is touching her hair in the background asking, "am I next?")
In the beginning Luke cried and cried...he LOVES his curls and was deathly afraid that he wouldn't be Luke anymore if he cut them. Eventually we convinced him they would grow back and he was a good sport.

Curls! Now you see them, now you don't!
Freshly cut and washed!
In preparation of St. Patty's day, the boys made traps for the leprechaun. We didn't catch him but he left toy snakes and ring pops. That was good enough for us.
On the hunt.
Happy St. Patrick's Day!
from, Isaac
Luke

and Ruby!
I love these pictures:
This picture perfectly describes a little bit about each kid:
Luke--his mind is always somewhere else!!
Ruby--a treat-a-holic, enjoying her gummi bear!!
Isaac--obedient one or master of a good picture? or BOTH!!

In this picture the kids were all enjoying their bribe, err, I mean gummi bears.

Over and out.
Wish me luck for the next 5 days.
I decided I will need a vacation after this week--so I'm going to go to sunny Ventura California for a week. I'll be staying in a beach house overlooking the ocean and getting foot rubs every night.
(Pretend I did the following post on St. Patrick's Day.)
Pre-patty's day haircut!
(I love how Ruby is touching her hair in the background asking, "am I next?")

Curls! Now you see them, now you don't!
In preparation of St. Patty's day, the boys made traps for the leprechaun. We didn't catch him but he left toy snakes and ring pops. That was good enough for us.
Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Luke

and Ruby!
I love these pictures:
This picture perfectly describes a little bit about each kid:
Luke--his mind is always somewhere else!!
Ruby--a treat-a-holic, enjoying her gummi bear!!
Isaac--obedient one or master of a good picture? or BOTH!!
In this picture the kids were all enjoying their bribe, err, I mean gummi bears.
Over and out.
Wish me luck for the next 5 days.
I decided I will need a vacation after this week--so I'm going to go to sunny Ventura California for a week. I'll be staying in a beach house overlooking the ocean and getting foot rubs every night.




8 comments:
Wow - how did I miss all that! I'm not sure which way is up, but I'm safely in India. It's impossible to accurately describe the crush of people - tons of tiny cars, scooters, bikes, cows, pedestrians. I heard all this before, but actually being in it is so much different. Too bad I don't have a camera, but I don't think it would do justice.
Kyle/Dad/Foot Rub Guy
Wow...India! I know you will survive just fine. Cute pics of the kiddos in their green garb. Luke looks so big with his haircut...and handsome.
On a side note...I met a cousin of Kyle's that is in our ward. Her name is Katie (Haws) Dannehl. Small world, eh?
Can't wait to see you guys, are you still heading to AZ in June? We will be sad if you don't.
Let me know if I can do anything to help these next few days. I hope the days go by super fast.
Good luck with the next few days. Your pictures are all so cute,especially the St. Patty's.
Thanks Emily,
I loved catching up. Darling pictures.Love, Mom
You are so ambitious - I never pulled off matching clothes to holidays with my kids. I was content with putting girls in girl's clothes and boys in boy's clothes. Great pics!
JD just got back from a 7 day business trip, it may have been the longest month of my life. Good luck.
So funny about Luke's curls. Jack is the same way and cries when I cut his hair. He loves his curly hair.
Great post. Adorable kiddos. Dang we miss you guys!
You seem to capture the cutest expressions of your kids on film. How do you do it? The one with Isaac holding "baby Ruby" is priceless. It's probably a good thing he didn't carry her all the way home, huh.
Sorry about the haircuts boys, but they look fantastic! Cedric just got his ears lowered too... but I'm not so sure it's looks as good. Consider yourselves LUCKY :) Glad your St. Patty's Day was good and that you got good pics to prove it.
Oh and we'll keep praying Foot Rub Man returns safely... what's the count now (24 hours? maybe less?). Best of luck Em!
Post a Comment