The Party Van and Us

The Party Van and Us

Monday, May 10, 2010

8 years ago today...

I married this fine accessory:)

oh, young love!
the dating years were so much fun!
And we have been blissfully married through the years.

Year ONE
"A brave new world"
We did it! We successfully completed one year of marriage!
We started married life out in Palatine IL, then finished our degrees at BYU while living in Orem, and then moved to CHICAGO!!
(the first 3 moves out of 8 accomplished in ONE year:)
Year TWO
"The beginnings of parenthood"
A few months before our 2nd anniversary Isaac joined the family.
(we tried to take an anniversary picture without Isaac in the pic:)
Year THREE
Don't know what to call this year...kinda a blur. We had a lot of fun in Chicago but there were also a lot of days where we missed living near family. This trip was the closest to our anniversary that I could find--a trip to Nauvoo with my parents.
We did move two times!

Year FOUR
"Back to our Beginnings"
A couple months before our 4th anniversary Luke joined the family. We lived in Naperville but moved to Provo when Luke was 5 mo. old for an MBA at BYU (our 6th move).
Year FIVE
"BUSY!"
We actually REALLY celebrated our anniversary this year. Kyle was the man and surprised me with a trip to a bed and breakfast. I had no clue--and it was a blast! He even packed me up and arranged for babysitters (thanks Brian and Jill) without me knowing. This year was so much fun--we loved doing BYU again, it was a lot different married with kids and we made so many great friends.

Year SIX
"The Party Year!"
We really had a lot of fun this year. Kyle wasn't as busy with school and we moved to Downtown Denver for a few months (move #6) and had a BLAST! It was really sad to say goodbye to our "college days" again but we were excited to move into a real house (even if it was a rental) in Saratoga Springs (move #7).
Year SEVEN
"The year of ups and downs"
We had a lot of ups and downs this year. One up was Ruby joining the family at the beginning of 2009. And most of the downs included financial upsets--we were supposed to be raking in the money after graduation, what happened? Well, we survived and count our blessings.
(another baby tried to make it into our anniversary picture!)

Year EIGHT

"Unkown Dome"
We didn't know what was going to happen this year...Kyle's job, our home...but we're happy how things have turned out. Kyle got a great job and we found a home to call our own (move #8--with our names on it and everything:) Now we are excitedly awaiting the birth of our 4th baby...in 11 weeks! Can't wait for many more years to come. I love you Kyle!!

Apparently, Kyle didn't think my "baby bump" was big enough and got us a box of sees chocolates. Excuse me while I go binge on the most heavenly edible thing on this earth.

6 comments:

The Fillmore Family said...

Great pictures and story and it's not even your anniversary yet! Love, Mom

Liesl Shurtliff said...

Super cute. You guys are awesome! Happy Anniversary!

Emily Widdison said...

mom,I promise I got married may 10th, and since today is may 10th--it happens to be our anniversary:)

Karena said...

Happy Anniversary!

Nat said...

Awww.... what a cute couple. So glad to know you are still alive and just lost your phone. I will call you today and chat. :)

larainydays said...

Happy Anniversary. I'm glad you found someone as cool as you. I was worried about that.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...