The Party Van and Us

The Party Van and Us

Thursday, May 06, 2010

I shouldn't be doing this right now but I can't help msyelf.

No, I'm not opening our "surprise gender" envelope.

I'm just posting about day 5 of our vacation. I hope to post some awesome pictures of our house and what we've been busy doing after that...maybe I get it all done in a couple of weeks. Fingers crossed. Kyle keeps asking me in my irritated state--"can't we just enjoy how much of the unpacking we've gotten done and be happy?" To this I answer NO! Because it isn't all done! I'm an all done type person. There are certain rooms in the house I CAN enjoy--and they are the rooms that we are done or almost done with:) . Sorry honey, you have to put up with me until the job is done. And now...

Day 5: Trips--trip to the marina, trip to the park, and Luke's trip.

Marina Picture Day. A LONG day.
We were hoping to go to the Marina and get some cute family pictures but it was soooo WINDY so our plans changed. Luke was fussy and mommy was being mean to him so it was probably better that we postponed the pictures. There is a visitor's center that has really improved since I started going as a child. They now have a mini aquarium and the kids loved seeing the fish, baby shark, and shark eggs.

Just learning.
Ruby wouldn't sit on it long enough for me to snap a picture.
brothers ride together.Ruby making a fishy friend.
Luke has a unique inability to look at the camera when you take his picture. He has also mastered the skill of talking through his smile, usually saying "I AM looking at the camera. I SEE YOU!" Every time we take his picture he looks directly to the side of the camera and then we battle back and forth, snap after snap as he tries to convince us that he IS in fact looking at the camera. Sometimes he gets mad. And sometimes his mommy gets mad too. He probably learned to speak through his smile (or clenched teeth) from his me. I usually say, "smile if you want a treat." Or, "Look at the camera, stop looking at Ruby!!"

Zoom in. You'll see Luke "looking" at the camera.:)
This is how the conversation went while I took these pictures. His words exactly as he smiled through the pictures.
"I am looking at the camera!"
"I SEE you!"
"I am looking!"

"See, I am seeing you!"

Luke trying to make himself look at the camera. In this picture he is saying, "SEE, I can't do it. I can't look at the camera right now." This kid is hilarious.
A view of the sun.
Isaac really got into this.Going to the Marina always brings back memories of my Grandparents.
My handsome and well behaved boys.;)
Lauryn (a total doll) and Luke. They are six weeks apart just like their older brothers.
Ruby was crying, Luke was trying not to cry. I was silently screaming behind the camera.Luke couldn't hold his tears back any longer.
You know family pictures didn't work out when the best shot you got was of the backs of their heads.

Next stop was a trip to pirate park.

I made it in some pictures too!
The face that Ruby wore most of the day. She was content.They had these cool self spinning chairs--if the kids kids weren't careful, they spun too fast and were almost catapulted from the seat. They could NOT stop because of the design of the chairs--the wind and your weight just propels you around and around. I had to run to their rescue more than once. I tried sitting on one but quickly got off--I thought they might induce labor.
She loved the spinning chairs.Ruby tried to tell her daddy that he was too big to ride the dolphin.
Look closely and you can see his tear streaked face. He just kept getting hurt and was overall, having a bad day.
But after a few spins on this...
We got a smile on his face!

But not for long.

While I was taking this picture, Luke tripped (from three feet up and landed smack on his face)--getting the 2nd bloody nose of his life and a fat lip too.

So, I took this picture. Daddy nursing the patient with a frozen go-gurt.

Picnic at the park with the Tingeys.

When you are 4...... a tootsie roll and a ride on a sea horse makes everything better.
Posing pirates

This picture reminds me of when I was a little kid. I would make a crazy or ugly face and then ask my mom if I looked that way if she would still love me. Isaac, if you looked this way, I would probably still love you and definitely be afraid of you.Isaac knows how to look right at the camera. And I'm glad he looks like this.
As if we weren't tired already--we stopped by another park on our way back to the beach house to play and ride scooters. Isaac and Luke went down the cool zip line swing but I didn't get a picture of Isaac--he was too fast!
Indeed a LONG day.
We made it back to the beach house just in time to catch a few waves, eat some ice cream, and relax watching a movie.

Next Post--family pictures take 2.

6 comments:

larainydays said...

Your vacation looked so fun. C'mon tell me where they keep the key and I'm going to go crash in Cali.

seven smiles said...

OH those "looking at the camera" pictures made me laugh.

That is totally Brock! (And come to think of it...Ella, too.) I can't even tell you how many pictures I have of those two "looking" right at the camera.

Now imagine it with regular old school film. So excited to get your family pictures back...

Doh!
Grr!

I {heart} digital cameras.

Anne said...

Okay there are a couple pictures of Luke where he looked exactly like Kyle. Fun pictures, thanks for the update, can't wait to see home pics. Deposition was a breeze, only an hour. I'll tell you more later.

The Fillmore Family said...

Ok, so today wasn't a totally great day! Thanks for the pictures. I really needed that. Love, Mom

Karena said...

The pictures are great, but I have to admit...I was hopeing that you had opened the envelope! I could never wait. I'm glad there are people out there who have will power.

Becky J. said...

My girls have the same disease as Luke. They CANNOT for the life of them figure out how to look at me when there's a camera present. But you got some great shots of all of them anyway!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...