I have 9 more weeks to nest and prepare. I have only completely finished (for the most part) the family room, kitchen, and breakfast nook area. A lot more to decorate!:) I think Kyle is already sick of hanging stuff up for me but he is being a good sport.
Lots of things are coming to an end.
Isaac's just had his dance festival (something they do here in the utah schools--I am new to it) and has one more fun week of kindergarten! I can't believe he will be a first grader soon!
Isaac is in the BACK of course...super tall kids always get the back row. He did awesome though and if you ask him, he will probably show you his moves.
We can't wait for the spring showers to END...come one already! It is cold and wet and windy and we want summer!!!! Sometimes we get glimpses of summer and we love it!
Kyle is coming in to make me go to bed--I get to go to the doctor tomorrow for THREE hours--for that gestational diabetes test. YUCK! I think it is funny that they tell you NOT to bring your kids because you need to stay CALM during the test. I will be preparing for my talk for next Sunday during those 3 hours...hopefully I can get it all written in between the 4 blood draws. I am hopeful that it was all a big mistake and that I do NOT have gestational diabetes because not eating sugar for the past 24 hours has been way too hard for me. I am a sugar addict. Sorry to my dentist father.



9 comments:
So how did they administer the first glucose tolerance test? Did you have to drink it there and stay there and draw your blood an hour later or did you drink it at home and then come in an hour later? Or what.
When I was pregnant with Kaylee (#2) I drank the stuff at home and came in an hour to get blood drawn and my results were too high so I had to do the three hour test. I fainted during that one. No fun, but results were normal.
Then when I was pregnant with Maia I did the same thing, but for reasons I no longer remember I went to a different office than normal to take the test after having drunk the stuff at home and they were all upset saying that that wasn't he policy anymore. You're supposed to drink the stuff on site and stay there to get tested in an hour. Turns out they were getting too many high results because moving around and doing stuff raises your blood sugar!
So I don't know if that has anything to do with you. Thought I'd share just in case it applies. Good luck with the test. I wouldn't want you to have to give up sugar.
Oh my gosh. My test was dring orange dring go to office have your blood drawn immediately and leave. I love my doctor. I have never sat in the waiting room for more than 2 minutes and am usually completely done in about 5. With my life, it works. Good luck.
your new house is coming together nicely! brett gave me your email; if you can't make it don't worry! i'm sure brett and i will be visiting highland a lot with the new baby and we will have to stop by and see you guys.
Good luck with the blood test. Not fun, especially if you have to give up sugar for the next 9 weeks. But on a high note the house is looking great!
I love your style. Have you ever tried painting like your dad, you are so creative. You are such a good mom, whenever I look at your posts I feel inspired.
I loved your decorating. I am always looking for great hens or roosters but I never find any. I only want unusual ones like yours. Where did you find them? Anyway, everything looks great. Sorry about the long test. I hope it doesn't have anything to do with genetics. There is diabetes on Dad's side but neither Grandma or Grandpa had it so I thought the gene couldn't be passed. Good luck. Love, MOm
I believe in sugar too Emily. It is what makes me so unbelievably sweet to be around.
I also had to take the 3 hour test when I was pregnant with Isaak. It was awful having to stay at the office for 3 hours and not eat and have blood drawn. I kept drinking water trying to make myself feel full, but I just ended up peeing a log instead ;). The results were normal with the second test though, good luck!
BLAAAH. I'm pretty sure the 3 hour glucose test was worse than child birth for me. At least for the birth you can get an epidural. I almost passed out after having that much blood drawn and had to wait in the office for another 20 minutes before I could walk to my car. But, there is good news, I didn't have gestational diabetes. Good luck!
Post a Comment