The Party Van and Us

The Party Van and Us

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

What we have been up to!!

Decorating a little here...
and here....
Celebrating 8 years:)
And of course, riding on our new toys.
Or pretending they are our new toys:)
A little bit of posing and ninja moves for this guy.
Lots of books on tape for this boy.
Lots of making sure we look pretty...Ruby loves to play with her "make up" I filled some of my empty make up containers with nail polish and let it dry...ALMOST like the real thing. She is starting to understand now that mommy's make up IS NOT Ruby's make up too.

But mostly preparing for...
Our Musical Icecreamical (3rd and maybe last!)

We've advanced from a sidewalk,
(Musical Icecreamical 2008 --10 kids (one missing))

to a garage,
(Musical Icecreamical 2009--18 kids (one missing))

to a STAGE!!
(Musical Icecreamical 2010--ALL 24 kids!)

It was great. 24 kids partly singing, partly yelling, dancing, standing, and having a blast on stage!
The kids loved the curtain. They did an awesome job and it was (mostly) fun...I was really tired by the end and won't do this again when I am moving and pregnant...I can only handle one of those at a time while trying to put on a professional ;) production.

I will probably take a break for a few years and start up some type of music class for Ruby and baby #4 when they are old enough.

Isaac and Luke did awesome!
Ruby did her part too.singing + ice cream = awesome!
Thanks to all the mom's who took care of costume changes and lots of other stuff that I didn't have to do last night! And thanks for my goodies...I better eat the up really quickly....the doc is making me take ANOTHER gestational diabetes test next week because my last one came back too high. I'm almost certain this is just a case of bad test results so I will continue to binge on sugar (like I always do:) until I see other results!!

Isaac wondered why I got flowers, a card, and treats? I tried to explain to him that most mommies don't run music groups once a week for free and that it made other mommies and kids happy. I don't think he really understood. Who wouldn't want a couple of dozen children running around their house an hour a week? What fun!! I also told him that I did it for him and Luke--because they love singing, dancing, and most of all FRIENDS!!
Me too!

Someday I would like to advance to running a musical theater group with a few other moms...haven't found any other mom's who aspire to do this yet. I did this all my growing up years and loved it. I never had a good voice (still don't) BUT there were 3 ladies who ran it. One did the dancing, another did the acting, and the other one did the singing. I would like to run the acting portion. Anyone else want to sign up for the other two spots?
Obviously this is WAY down the road for me...but I got a little practice in and it was fun.

9 comments:

Poppy said...

I'll do the singing! That was fancy and all, but the 1st one was still the best!

Jill Hunt said...

I agree with Poppy! Oh how I miss that! I miss you guys!

seven smiles said...

I want to do it.
Why don't you move out here so we can do it together? ;)

You are awesome for doing it for all those kids.

And yay! little peeks of the house! More, please... :)

And send me your address!

(Good luck with that nasty glucose test. Bleh.)

The Fillmore Family said...

Thanks for sharing. I loved the pictures and we are very proud of you. I'm surprised you found time to post. Loved what I could see of your decorating. Love, Mom

Anne said...

Your house already looks more decorated than mine. I bet you are glad to get a break. I am tired of looking like an idiot jumping around with two year old. One more lesson and then recital in two weeks. Between Eliza, Clara, and susanna I think they have about 12 numbers in the matinee performance...plus Clint and his famous dance. Your pics are darling as usual.

larainydays said...

Your ambition makes me tired. What a great idea, the music group. Those Moms owe you big time.

Sabrina O'Malley said...

I second Poppy and Jill, or maybe that should be third it (?). My kids and I loved your singing class and miss it terribly.

And your makeup/polish idea is great!

Dallings said...

I think I need to eat more sugar like you. Wow you did great!

Stacie Robinson said...

Super mom! I can't believe you moved and put on this performance while you are 8 months pregnant! You are amazing. I wish I had your type of energy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...