Okay, not really, but tonight that is what I tried. It was actually a recipe I have never tried before--I was being brave but they were my friends from college so I guess they weren't too intimidating.
Anyways, I'm posting it because it was a success and I LOVED it. I loved it so much I wished my baby would shrink and make room for a 2nd helping and 3rd helping. Maybe you aren't a pasta lover like me but here you go just in case.
The meal was complete by delicious sides from my roommates from college. Especially the yummy Macaroni Grill knock off bread. You can find the bread recipe HERE .
And HERE you can find the scrumptious pasta recipe.
Changes I made--I only did 3/4th lb pasta...about a third of an onion(I'm not an onion fan but diced it really small and didn't even remember I had put it in except for the yummy flavor it gave). Kyle doesn't like red peppers but he like this dish! I didn't have ham and am not a huge fan so I substituted chicken--just baked it uncovered at 350 for 45 minutes after dicing and sprinkling it with a little seasoning salt, oregano and basil. Other than that, I did exactly what she says.
Yum.
(picture from My Kitchen Cafe )Next new recipes to try:
A delicious but time consuming pizza crust (I will probably only make this once since my criteria for recipes is something that is FAST and easy)
Buttermilk scones. I fear the baby is not getting enough sugar:)--that and my test results aren't back yet so I'm going to make these on Sunday in my new deep fat fryer.
I just love being unhealthy.
But wait, that pizza crust has some whole wheat flour in it. So there, I am healthy.
And just because a post without pictures of my cute kids is incomplete:
Luke the good looker --at the old house
picture in front of the new house
(it was a little too sunny)
Notice all the weeds and yardwork that needs to be done. This will be our before shot--we're working hard on the after shot.


4 comments:
Pretty house! Seriously, thank you for sharing that blog with me when I was desperate to try some new meal ideas a couple months back! I've printed off and tried so many recipes from that site! Love it!
In all your spare time, could you look us some easy crock pot meals. I need to start searching some sites but have no desire. It is too darn hot here to use the oven all summer so I am thinking crock pot meals might be a solution. Good for you for still going for it and being the homemaker. I made my kids help me clean for 3 hours straight this morning--does that count?
Hey, great update. I've got to stop cooking. I'm getting fat. I do still need to try that tomato soup recipe of Jenny's. Have fun traveling to Mesa--no so fun traveling. Love, Mom
I have been meaning to ask, how did you find out about Mel's Kitchen Cafe? I followed a link on your blog a few months back and I have been obsessed with her site ever since. It is the best! So, thanks for sharing it!
Post a Comment