The Party Van and Us

The Party Van and Us

Monday, May 02, 2011

Finally!


I have been waiting a long long time for this room to be complete. I have technically been waiting for 9 years to have a living room. A room where we can have family prayer, and Family Home Evening and Father interviews, and play the piano WITHOUT the distraction of messes and toys. A nice peaceful, calm room.

This room started out as the computer/piano room, but we soon decided that we didn't want that and the night before Kyle lost his job, we decided to deck out our living room for our Christmas present. Instead--it became a storage room for a long time. We waited and additional 3 months for that Chaise lounge to become available because as soon as Kyle got a new job and we could afford it, it had sold out.

We love our first complete room of our home. The chairs are from Target and are comfortable and affordable. The bench is from Costco and also stores all of Kyle's GMAT studying/teaching materials. We still need to find some pillows for the chairs (the ones on the chairs now are from my bed) and maybe some cool but small decor for above the chaise lounge. I need to get myself a better FHE board and I definetly need a REAL plant on the red table. BUT for the most part, I have a living room--we have FHE in there and read our scriptures every night in there and we love it.

Plus!
drum roll please.......

After 8 years of never ever being tuned, our red piano has finally been tuned! It sounds great!! And we are all loving it!


I didn't want a super formal living room...I wanted it to be warm and inviting and not stiff and I think I accomplished that! I think the kids agree:)

11 comments:

seven smiles said...

nice job!

mad white woman said...

I looked at those chairs for my living room. ;) My living room will probably be the last room to get finished. And at the rate I'm going, my kids might be in college by then. I hung some stuff in Hazel's room. It's the first time either of my kids have had something on their wall.

Emily Widdison said...

fyi...the room looks a lot better in person. Anyone who wants to visit, is welcome!

JLynn said...

It is funny reading your blog, since I never see you it's like I still live in CO when I read your blog!!

I saw some really nice navy blue pillows that would really make those chairs pop! Happy you have your dream living room!

JLynn said...

http://youtu.be/ckZvLT37q9I

here is the video of the pillow and then I saw it at target. Looks like it is sold out online.

Liesl Shurtliff said...

You can come decorate my house any time.

larainydays said...

It looks great. I bet your kids love having a "special" room. I really like the red piano.

kim said...

Beautiful! Someday, I dream of having a room that is "done". Right now, the closest we come is the kids' bedrooms, and neither of those are quite done, either.

Sabrina O'Malley said...

I love your special room too. What a great place to get away and find some peace. We have slowly been working on something similar.

The Fillmore Family said...

You did a great job. It looks great. I will take you up on a visit but not for a few months yet. Love, Mom

Lark said...

Looks great Emily!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...