The Party Van and Us

The Party Van and Us

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Gender REVEALED!

Stop--you cannot go any further until you watch this video.




The boys didn't really realize I was taping them.
This was their "disagreement" on the way to the doctor for the ultrasound.

And the winner is.....







LUKE!

So, Isaac and I were wrong. I was shocked (still am) but I have the huge smile on my face as evidence that I am happy (a few people I called wondered by the sound of my voice if I was excited). I assure all of you, despite my shock, my fear of having a daughter just like myself, my inability to do pig tails or any other sort of tails, that I am excited!

Isaac was extremely disappointed for about a minute. He was shouting "I don't like sisters, I don't want a sister! It isn't a girl, it is a boy." Earlier he had told Kyle that he just knew it was a boy because he knew everything. After I told him, "It is okay, you don't ever have to hold her." He kinda melted. And pleaded with me and insisted that he really did want to hold her.

Now for deciding on a name...maybe I'll do a vote on the side of my blog, that way I can have an interesting story to tell her about her name. :)

Last night I bet Kyle a large basket full of laundry that this baby was a boy...I better go get started on the folding.

29 comments:

The Fillmore Family said...

We are so excited for you or "we" will be as soon as I tell Dad! Cute Video Love, Mom

Kyle said...

Told ya. I'm so glad I don't have to do that laundry...

Monique said...

Hey!!! Really cool. So excited to see what your daughter will look like.

As for a name, avoid anything on UtahBabyNamer and you'll be fine.

Becky J. said...

Yay! I am SO EXCITED for you to have a girl! For all your assertions that you don't know what to do with a girl, you will love her and be such a good mom to her (pigtails and all)!

And maybe she'll get red hair, too! That would be awesome! Congrats you guys!

Poppy said...

So cute....Yeah!! You will do just fine, after all you got lots of practice with Grace and you did just fine...As for all the "tails" it is not a prerequisite for being a mom of girls, just remember how Grace looked most of the time. Although, maybe she wouldn't be so challenging if I could do her hair pretty...nah! she still would be. You'll be great with a daughter just like you are with the boys.

Unknown said...

Yeah - I hope my 3rd is a girl too (third child, not 3rd pregnancy!)

Vagabond Mother said...

That's so awesome! She'll have two older brothers to keep her in line, so maybe she'll just be the perfect amount of girl for you! Congratulations!!!!!

Em Russ said...

that video was hilarious! I'm so excited for you guys. If it makes you feel better, I gave up on pigtails a long time ago. (especially now that Lila has an opinion!!) I'm sure your girl will be just as totally cute as her mom (and hopefully she'll inherit those eyelashes of Kyle's that I've been coveting since, like 7th grade!!)

Alicia said...

Congrats!! So far girls are a blast! I can't wait to see what she looks like. She will be adorable!

seven smiles said...

Great video.
Congratulations!
Hey,
I have some pom-pom ponchos for you...

Monique said...

Oh but you must resist the Utah baby name!

Perhaps it's not cause and effect, but no one will deny that you gave your boys handsome and charming names and that's exactly how they turned out. . .

Anyway, I wanted to mention on the previous post that I aspire to be like you. You've always had such a good grasp on interior design.

Kami Milliron said...

CONGRATS ! What the heck are you going to do with a Girl ?!!

Jaime said...

Congrats on the girl and I LOVED that video!!

Jill Hunt said...

Yeah! I am so excited for you! I was in just as much shock when I found out we were having a girl. You will be great with her because you are so great with your boys. Best of luck!

mad white woman said...

Yeah for girls! We'll just hope she doesn't have your temperment. Ha ha, just kidding. How fun.

Maren said...

oh emily, i am so excited for you! girls are so much fun. dressing them, doing their hair, adding accessories, its all a blast. drama, yes. but so worth it!! congrats.

jae said...

Hurray for you guys! I hope she is a sassy little red head. She's going to need it to keep up with dem boys. And to outsass Mom! hee hee

The Kelly Family said...

Yeah! I'm so excited your having a girl! Girls are fun :)

Ashley Funk said...

Love the video - that is too cute! Congrats! That will be so fun for you to have a girl!

KMDuff said...

Congrats on the upcoming girl. That video is so cute!

Karena said...

Funny! You and I got the opposite of what we thought. I was sure I was having a girl, but obviously I'm built for strickly boys. It's amazing how when you actually find out, no matter how shocked you may be, you are so happy and excited!

kim said...

Congratulations!!!! Girls are awesome (even if they do come with a lot more drama :) ).

tiffany knox said...

yeah! can't wait to meet her. we are back in saratoga now if you ever want a play date!

Nick and Val said...

Yea! A girl...I knew it when you posted on my blog that there isn't something in the water :) I am so excited! Luke and Isaac were funny in that video (so cute!). PS, I am so glad you moved into the neighborhood...you are so much fun!

Lisa said...

YAY.....Girls are SOOOO much fun.
Best wishes,
Lisa Sonnenberg

Karie said...

Yea!!!!! Our friends CAN have girls (although we still LOVE boys!). Congratulations! That little girl is going to be so adored by her brothers. I'm so happy for you.
I'm sad I missed recipe exchange, so we'll definitely have to have another one in September.
Congrats, again!

Julie said...

Emily!! So so fun. We're so excited for y'all. We really need to get together again. Let me know when would be a good time.

Monique said...

I'm a tough critic of names, but I do so for the sake of the children. Here goes. . .

- Lillian (Lilly) - This is an extremely popular name right now. It's to the point that I must use initials if I talk about my friend's kids: Lillian H., Lily C., and so on. Something to consider is that Lillian Widdison is a mouthfull.

- Ruby - Makes me want to add 'Tuesday', but otherwise a fine name.

- Jayne - Why add the 'y'? Oh, is it to avoid being called plain Jane? If you go with a different spelling, she will forever have to say "Hi, my name is Jayne. No, with a 'y.'

- Olivia - Beautiful name, but she'll be in a classroom with ten others. I can't even use last name initials for this name, that's how played out it is.

- Cassidy - I don't have much to say about it, bad or good.

- Ellie - Would this be short for Elizabeth or Elle? I think it's cute, but lacks versatility.

- Jaycie - Let me put it to you this way, I'm about ready to contact Utah Baby Namer, and I'm not even joking.

- Maisy - First thing to come to mind is 'sale at Macy's,' then I just got sprayed in the face with Maisy, oh and now I'm driving Miss Maisy. Don't know why. . .

Emily Widdison said...

Wow! What an analysis of names! You thought about it even more than I did! We still like all our names, but we love your input too! We really aren't into finding a name that is totally different...we looked at the social security listing for Utah baby girl names of '07 and found that the number one name wasn't all that different (in numbers of births) than number 20. We were surprised by that.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...